MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

Just now, sherlyegg said:

That's why a few said don't appoint anyone off the manager round-about...may as well stick with bullen.

Sound advice but no fooooker was listening

...we need a real manager bullshit won.

lol

Bullen should have been kicked out of this club years ago

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

I agree. He should never have been given the job. 

Too big for him and he is just another on the managerial merry go round. 

Dreadful manager 

too big for him ? What a load of absolute gash again. , who do we think we are here ?? Do we need pep guardiola to come in and manage the big characters ??  Westy and Huch deserve a big name manager eh ? It’s so unfair on the poor souls 

Monk may well go , but I tell ya what there’s a few of our ‘fans’ that need to give there heads a good shake , maybe we should get Bully back in so he can read owlstalk and bring hutch back in 

I despair at some of the excuses put up. Last season, under Bruce, it was promotion form, and since then we’ve added 9 players, and yet it’s again the players that are the problem. Virtually a whole new team, and yet it’s the fault of the players who let Carlos and Jos down. 

Guest domSWFC
1 hour ago, 83owl said:

How can someone come in and build and create something when after 6 months in charge people are calling for his head? Also we have a manager who has come in  and bizarrely not brought any of his own back room staff or appointed any.

We have a squad who are mainly overpaid and 3-4 years past their best and they know they will either be released in the summer or will sit around and do the bare minimum till their contracts run out. 

Yes, but he has no stamp on the club. No matter what, he himself should know how he wants to play, and players should all be drilled and no exactly what is expected of them.

No matter who starts, it's aimless with absolutely no direction. I could accept us losing if I can see some direction, and a style we are aspiring to be successful with.

I didn’t mind Monk’s appointment and when we were 3rd at Xmas I was still positive.  Hoped he would be our Sean Dyche type manager.  But since then we have been awful in performance and results.

If today was a test of what he could get out of a group of players with 4 new additions against one of the worst teams in the league, I’d say he failed. 

I also don’t buy the fact the players aren’t good enough to perform better than what we saw today. 

just to add that I think we need a big personality / a man with big balls to lead this great club.  Last seen on Big Ron 

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Yes, but he has no stamp on the club. No matter what, he himself should know how he wants to play, and players should all be drilled and no exactly what is expected of them.

No matter who starts, it's aimless with absolutely no direction. I could accept us losing if I can see some direction, and a style we are aspiring to be successful with.

So true, we should at least be seeing signs of his influence, but nothing, or nothing positive anyway

Is Monk only on a 1 year contract ?, if this is true and  Chansiri wouldn't allow him to bring in his own backroom staff it makes you wonder how safe his job is.

We all know deep down that he won't be removed with three quarters of the season already over but there are some special circumstances at play here where DC is desperate for that top 6 finish to give him  some faint hope of promotion and get him out of the sh*t cos that's where it'll end without promotion.

We also have the possibility of a points deduction hanging so this is going to come to a head soon. 

19 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Bruce stated he needed 4 transfer windows last Feb so with that said I think Monk needs at least 3 more to mould a side with leaders and some substance and quality. This group of players are weak mentality very weak. Only a selected few would remain from current crop. 

Give him a dozen transfer window if you like but he will still be a jobbing nothing manager at the end of it. He has no record of doing anything anywhere and he isn’t going to change that at S6.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

What happen at the end of his last stint? 

His win rate was 57%..over the three periods it was 46%.

Monk is no better than Bullen, that my friend is the point. Jos was no better than Bullen, in fact cabbage tw@ts was no better than Bullen.

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Every chance Chansiri hires someone else in the summer.

Well DC has backed Monk with the loan signings, which won't have come cheap. If he doesn't turn it round he may well go but let's see what happens over the next few weeks. ATM the performances are uninspiring, however.  

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I despair at some of the excuses put up. Last season, under Bruce, it was promotion form, and since then we’ve added 9 players, and yet it’s again the players that are the problem. Virtually a whole new team, and yet it’s the fault of the players who let Carlos and Jos down. 

A club is all about a good spine, the problem is that it's the same spine for the last 4 years

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Monk Out - these have been some of the worst performances I have witnessed - even more so than jos

the players tactically have no clue what they are meant to be doing or playing - his played 4 up top - with no idea what do to with them or how to get the ball to them

and these so called responses - give me a break 

the man is a fraud 

we’ve just been outplayed by an awful Barnsley team 

awful 

WAWAW

Your right your an embarrassment

The manager is not the problem, it’s the whole culture of the club, we are being run shambolic and like a club with no direction what’s so ever, we need a non executive football chairman to run the day to day affairs of the club and back the connection between the fans and club..we also need an executive to drive up the commercial elements..then we may start to have a chance on the pitch, Chansiri cannot continue to run this club like it’s a game of poker. 

• Thanks 1

People saying we have a mid table squad. I think the squad or certainly the best team we can put out is better than that. Individual players would get in the majority of the teams above us. Unfortunately it’s not an individuals game, it’s a team game and we don’t look like a team at all. No cohesion, no game plan etc and unfortunately that’s got to be down to the manager

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

His win rate was 57%..over the three periods it was 46%.

Monk is no better than Bullen, that my friend is the point. Jos was no better than Bullen, in fact cabbage tw@ts was no better than Bullen.

If he's no better why put him in charge again?. Stop living in the past he had his chance and failed