MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

If you want to keep changing managers every few months then yep let’s sack him. 

Alternatively, you could judge him this time next year when he’s cleared out as much of the deadwood as he can, brought in his own players and coaching staff, had a pre-season to prepare the players.

If those changes make no difference then fine look for a replacement but sacking him now would be unreasonable and short sighted. 

40 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’m not so sure as Chansiri has said in the past that if fans don’t want him here he would go and that he’s turned down offers before. Believe that or not but it’s what the man himself said.

Once the EFL matter is resolved and fans make it known that we are unhappy then maybe Chansiri would sell on.

It's not entirely without precedent, but human nature rarely sees someone prepared to take an almighty loss for the sake of people who he may feel quite indifferent about, especially when he might turn it into a large profit by sticking it out a bit longer. But even if Chansiri did accept that kind of massive shortfall, are we really one of the more attractive propositions for someone looking to take on a football club at this level, even if the EFL legal action doesn't prove too much of a problem?

28 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

But keep the crap manager?

Get a better manager and you get better players...including some of the ones you already have.

Manager and all players out of contract can go apart from Fox. Sell Bannan and Reach and rebuild from there.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

So it’s not the fact the players are crap then ? 

Unfortunately I saw this result and reaction coming today, but then again we are conditioned to the crappness...

The midfield has been the problem since the cake ball fiasco, we are unable to control the game. This season, the possession stats have shown this...

And Wednesday go out and sign three forwards in the January Transfer window. It reminded me on the Rhodes / Winall signings seeing Windass, Wickham and Da cruz all coming in in January.

That said you can't throw all the new players in at the deep end and expect them to gel in the first game.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Unfortunately I saw this result and reaction coming today, but then again we are conditioned to the crappness...

The midfield has been the problem since the cake ball fiasco, we are unable to control the game. This season, the possession stats have shown this...

And Wednesday go out and sign three forwards in the January Transfer window. It reminded me on the Rhodes / Winall signings seeing Windass, Wickham and Da cruz all coming in in January.

That said you can't throw all the new players in at the deep end and expect them to gel in the first game.

The mid field is an issue, but seriously, they don't even get the ball enough to have possession thanks to the tactics of lump it forward to the unlucky f*cker who is up front on his own.

45 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Alternatives?

There are very few....

What I expect now is about 6 games of ...

Can Windass play with Winnall?

can Wickham play with Windass?

Can Winnall play with Wickham?

can Wickham Windass and Wickham play?

what about Jordan Rhodes?

Its infuriating.

I can pick 8 of 'em wiv a "W" and a  lisp...

Westwood

Weach

Whodes

Winnall

Wickham

Fowestieri

Hawwis

Maybe thats the way fowards...?

Oh for a Wodger Wilde and a Woland Nillson ..

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Yes i agree monk aint at fault for a lot, but starting with 4 forwards today was odd. 

54 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Unfortunatly some of our supporters aint got a clue , there are serious problems in the club , westwood is causing huge problems , so is hutchinson heard from a good sourse they have come to blows , im not saying monk is the man long term but most of the problems are here before he arrived. Give me a way out of this and an alternative and i will listen , nobody until the summer can sort this out . The damage can be serious and long term unless players management supporters are as one . We need to stay up its vital. 

why is Westwood causing issues? Need him back in goal 

34 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

We aint a midfield to start with , dawson needs dropping but for who westwod who needs sacking or wildsmith probably the worst keeper ever ,watch u23s and you will know why he can be picked. The problems in the club are extremely worrying,  we have bannan westwood rhodes who we are going nowhere contracted until 2021 taking 5 million in wages . We have hutchinson in effect sacked , getting full pay till summer ,  loads of other problems on and off the pitch . I just want a club in 2 years i will leave it at that. 

Hutchinson sacked? 
when did this happen? 

Just because we have chopped and changed managers doesn't mean you stick with an obvious faiure. Players dont play for Monk. That's obvious and yes we dont want to swap Monk for another Jos, but there have to be better than Monk. He is a journeyman who has been found out. The job is too big for him. Bruce would have handled it, Monk is no Bruce, players dont respect him, a 'here today, gone tomorrow manager'

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

Its what ive heard and been told , 100%certain both wont play for club again , defo not under monk anyways . 

Tbf, I have been told the exact same thing. 

Banished to the Under 23s (for training). 

What a kerfuffle.