MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

25 league games and he has a worse record than Jos after his first 25 league games.

37 points out of 25 games for Jos

33 points out of 25 games for Monk

Ooooh that’s a bit of a worrying stat

Tbf though, Jos didn’t do too bad in the first season. It was the season after where he went completely mental

On 08/02/2020 at 16:10, Beholder said:

I disagree with this thread.

It's too soon and it's too easy to blame the manager. 

Monk was doing very well until just before Christmas when we lost Fletcher. 

I think he will turn it round.

I wish I could agree with you Beholder, I really do but I can’t see one crumb of comfort, not even a small sign of recovery or improvement. I think we’re slowly getting worse and the manager is losing credibility with the fans and the players. How do you think Monk can turn it around?  

On 08/02/2020 at 16:57, Matt_1 said:

Chopping the manager would be the wrong thing to do.

We need to rebuild.

We were prepared to guve Bruce the time, we should be prepared to give Monk the same.

Monk NEEDS to bring some coaching staff in.

Generally I’m with you that constant chopping and changing of managers will not bring success. We were prepared to give Bruce time because we could all see and hear what he was trying to achieve so we were able to get on board with him. 

What is Monk trying to do? No one knows therefore, give him time to do what? Look what Bruce has done with relegation favourites and to turn around a hostile fan base compared to what Monk has done with promotion outsiders and an expectant fan base (in much the same time period)

20 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I wish I could agree with you Beholder, I really do but I can’t see one crumb of comfort, not even a small sign of recovery or improvement. I think we’re slowly getting worse and the manager is losing credibility with the fans and the players. How do you think Monk can turn it around?  

Just scrape a win with this new group of players.

And get Fox , Luongo and then fletch back.

This team would win games

Wickham. Fletcher

Forestieri.      Lee.   Luongo    DeCruz      

Fox.            Borner.  Iorfa.        Palmer

Dawson     

Wins breed condence

Edited by Beholder

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wickham. Fletcher

Dawson     

Wins breed condence

Looks nice on paper, but there's no chance that Bannan is getting dropped for Lee. 

Edited by SiJ

On 08/02/2020 at 17:19, bubbleowl said:

A club is all about a good spine, the problem is that it's the same spine for the last 4 years

This is becoming an urban legend. If by spine you mean through the middle of the team then Dawson, Borner, Joey (Luongo) Windass, Wickham (Fletcher, Winnal) haven’t been here for 4 years. 

Neither have Iorfa, Fox, Harris, Reach, Murphy for the record 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wickham. Fletcher

Dawson     

Wins breed condence

What no Bannan  Monk won't be having any of that thank you.

Guest The Horse

Well I still have a feeling he'll see us reyt.

Can see him being a modern day Wilko.

We won't be pretty but we'll be fit, strong and give 100% every game.

It'll take a while to come through whilst he juggles a bonkers owner, egos and bullies in the dressing room and a demanding fan base but no other bugger wanted to take the job in a hurry.

I think he's got a determination to prove a point and will build a hungry, younger and much more competitive squad next season. 

47 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Well I still have a feeling he'll see us reyt.

Can see him being a modern day Wilko.

We won't be pretty but we'll be fit, strong and give 100% every game.

It'll take a while to come through whilst he juggles a bonkers owner, egos and bullies in the dressing room and a demanding fan base but no other bugger wanted to take the job in a hurry.

I think he's got a determination to prove a point and will build a hungry, younger and much more competitive squad next season. 

Biggest issue for me with this post is that Wilko understood how to play the long ball game. There were always 2 strikers. One to win flick ons or hold up, one to play off the target man. Because we basically bypassed midfield, our midfielders played in advanced positions in support of the target man. Also we played much more in wide areas than people give credit for, with overlapping fullbacks like Sterland , Snodin and Worthington and wide players on their correct wings like Marwood and Chamberlain. The team relentlessly played balls into the area. If it was possible to play forward, it went forward. 

Monk doesn’t play with a second striker, or overlapping fullbacks. He favours 2 deep midfielders who continually slow play down. Going sideways and backwards until closed down and there is no option but to whack the ball aimlessly long. His wide players play on the wrong side, cutting inside into congested areas. In short his tactics (if you can call them that) are   to play long and direct without understanding how to do it correctly

7 hours ago, Jon Newsome said:

So everytime we have a bad run we should sack the manager and start again, no wonder we've been going in circles for 20 years. Completely lost interest in the modern game.

If the manager can't do the job it's no point just hoping he'll change. His tactics ( hate the use the term with his ) have been awful.

Other than Bruce, we've seen a succession on bullshitters get the Job.  Carlos, Jos and Monk

Only one way we are heading with Monk and that's league 1, he can't even grind out a performance against Barnsley

Not only is it a results issue, it's a performance issue too.  They have been dire and mismanaged.

54 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I have absolutely no issue with Monk. These players are a joke and he’s set on changing it. 

I have, it's called heading for relegation. Not only that, with one of the largest wage bills and club overheads with it.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I have, it's called heading for relegation. Not only that, with one of the largest wage bills and club overheads with it.

Untitled.jpg

Tuesday night we shall bottom of that table.

Nailed on.

45 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Tuesday night we shall bottom of that table.

Nailed on.

If indeed we do lose on Wednesday Monk must be on his last legs. Players deserve so much of the blame but eventually the manager deserves some also, it’s his job to motivate, employ the correct tactics, get the best out of what he has at his disposal. He isn’t doing any of those things. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If indeed we do lose on Wednesday Monk must be on his last legs. Players deserve so much of the blame but eventually the manager deserves some also, it’s his job to motivate, employ the correct tactics, get the best out of what he has at his disposal. He isn’t doing any of those things. 

Yep. There are obviously deeper problems, but it can be the case that in general the club is badly led but also specifically the first team manager isn't up to the job. 

People talk about this being the set of players that failed three and four years ago. But that's daft. If Monk could produce a team that reached the play off two years running, he'd not have done a bad job. This has never looked a play off squad to me, but it has certainly looked like an upper mid table squad. I think he is getting both performances and now results which are weaker than the resource available. Quite a lot weaker.