MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The attitude and approach should have changed the moment he made that statement. Results and stylish performances will take more time but being hard to play against showing endeavour and the will to try and play better should be a given.

I think if anyone is expecting stylish football at any stage they'll be in for a big disappointment. 

We have still been 2nd best against two very average teams since then.

We're very average ourselves. Win, lose, draw. That's the lot of an average side. 

Having an effective way of playing with what you have to work with also comes from the management team. I can't work out how we are trying to play in order to win games. How would you define our tactical approach since Fletcher got injured because as far as I can see it is fairly nondescript. 

Nondescript is a good description.

However, whatever the plan is, it would help it considerably if players were capable of completing a rudimentary 5 yard pass. Tackling from the right side of the man. Tracking. Marking. Etc.

Monk is an average manager, with an average set of players, so we're mid-table. Not sure what anyone expects tbh. Only problem would be if we get a points deduction because we'll be back in League 1.

Fans are desperate for PL football after two decades out of it, and we're paying the highest ticket prices in the second tier in order to get there, but we can't compete at the top end - plain and simple. That's not all down to Garry Monk.

Shall we give him more than a week with the new lads before judging how good he is?  Every team knows they just have to close down Bannan and we stop playing. If Windass is the solution by dropping into the space Hooper used to play let’s give Monk a chance to sort this out.  Otherwise we’re just going round in circles with a new manager every year.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

What has he previously done as a manager that you think merits giving him time? 

He has a long list of failures. 

It hasnt worked, he isnt the right man, no point sacking him as season is over now. 

Just give him until end of season then a replacement needs to be brought in. 

But chansiri needs to be looking now 

If we get rid of him now we get somebody else in who inherits the same set of problems.

An unbalanced squad full of aging players, some of which are on big wages and aren’t performing. Add to that the problems we have with FFP and we aren’t exactly an attractive proposition for any incoming manager.

Monk wasn’t my first choice but he needs time, the fact is these aren’t his players and until he gets chance to shape the squad how he wants it then it’s harsh to judge him IMO.

Also I don’t think we’d replace him with any better for the reasons above, why would a decent manager want to walk into a club with the problems we have?

I'm sure DC only employed Monk because he knew their was a good chance we would be getting a points deduction and Monk had experience of working under such circumstances.

Monk has shown himself to be a very poor manager who seems unable to get the best out of what we have which although isn't the best i bet Barnsley and Blackburn ect. would love to have the large squad/resources that Monk has.Yet Monk seems quick to lay blame on the players yet doesn't appear capable of giving us these reactions he keeps promising whether by selection or performances.

No excuses not good enough.

11 minutes ago, pussface said:

Knee jerk reactions aside, Monk's career so far suggests that he isn't a team builder and that he won't be here next year. So really what's the point?

"True. So true. We sit here surrounded by unknown things only an imagined state,  suspecting the existence of sound and the feelings of living breathing universe too big for our tiny brains to understand or determine and we'll never know, it's secrets, if they even exist. . You, I , specs in the cosmos that matter not one jot. Soon we'll all be dead  and the  limitless will go on,  what remains? Nothing or something? Does emptiness actually not exist? What does exist in this apparent emptiness? who knows. What's the point , at all? To live is to die. For what is life but the slow process of decay?  What's the point of any of it"

image.png.34ff867475897099a96facb63367ac36.png

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I am glad some of you are finally beginning to spell the coffee with Monk ,What will Chancer do next ,Please sell the club ,Do something you know about ,Running a football club you do not.

Sadly sir you are absolutely most definitely certainly 1000% correct. DC  OUT  , MONK  OUT

Lets get out of this nightmare and start again. 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Until Chansiri goes it’s not going to get any better.  Lets hope the EFL thing is sorted in the next couple of weeks and then he considers his future as owner 

I'm seeing these sentiments more and more lately, but these people need to be realistic. Given the circumstances of the owner and the club, we can all but rule that out for the foreseeable future.

27 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Exactly this - chansiri needs to go get a hughton (very unlikely) this next manager we get is imperative it’s a clean slate (just hope ffp doesn’t f us)

get rid of monk - statement bullen till end of season , give us time to find the right man and start planting seeds for players 

we need an identity & philosophy and a manager who can start a project

Bullen again? Cant people see bullen is part of the problem, he's been here to long just like half a dozen players get rid of him now and allow monk to bring his own team( like bruce did)

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Monk Out - these have been some of the worst performances I have witnessed - even more so than jos

the players tactically have no clue what they are meant to be doing or playing - his played 4 up top - with no idea what do to with them or how to get the ball to them

and these so called responses - give me a break 

the man is a fraud 

we’ve just been outplayed by an awful Barnsley team 

awful 

WAWAW

For those in the back......

OUR. PROBLEM. IS. NOT. THE. MANAGER.  

There were rumours a while ago about player cliques. Thinks like senior players sitting away from other players at meal times. Monk apparently changed that by saying that at meal times players sat at one table as a group

.After today it will be interesting to see if Westwood gets picked over Dawson who was poor today and looked nervous at times. Seen a few posts recently questionining why Westwood and Hutchinson are not being picked and saying was Jos right not to play them?

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye paying off another manager will really help with the money situation

That's why a few said don't appoint anyone off the manager round-about...may as well stick with bullen.

Sound advice but no fooooker was listening

...we need a real manager bullshit won.

lol

3 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Bruce stated he needed 4 transfer windows last Feb so with that said I think Monk needs at least 3 more to mould a side with leaders and some substance and quality. This group of players are weak mentality very weak. Only a selected few would remain from current crop. 

Under Bruce you could immediately see a change in the team and you could see what he was trying to make us play like. Under Monk there's no sign of either.