Chansiri out !

22 hours ago, cowl said:

But what has he obviously actually learnt? What are mistakes he initially made and hasn't made since? And I don't mean trivial things.

Well he's stopped trying to spend all his money at once on a team full of attackers. Shame it came two years too late, with several holes in the squad still unfilled, up against the league's financial regulations, possible points deduction looming and no obvious way of a significant cash injection to improve things in the short term.

Yay !

32 minutes ago, ka58 said:

a credible person willing to buy us surely?

who has a plan and a strategy to improve us and engage the fan base.

that would be good wouldn’t it?

Who in their right mind would be looking to take us over at the moment? The squad is mediocre (at best), the funding available for improving that is meagre, a fire sale would generate little interest and not much finance, it appears that the administrative structure of the football operation is a incoherent, the business loses large amounts annually (not unusual I know), the stadium is far removed from it's former status as one of the country's best and the league may be about to give us a penalty that could make relegation to League One a real prospect.

And that doesn't take into account whether Chansiri would be amenable to a sale in the first place, and if he was, would drive the kind of hard (some might say unrealistic) bargain his reputation indicates that he would.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Over the top. Our situation is nowhere near as worse as what the clubs above went through. 

Our situation hasn’t fully played out yet. Blackburn have stabilised and Portsmouth are on the way back up.

We’ll need to see where we are when the EFL charge has been settled and the club is operating within the FFP limits 

7 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Conjecture though isn't it. How do you know what happened or what efforts were made in the selection process? How do you know who was approached?

Maybe Monk was the only person who applied.

How can any of us know for sure?

Chansiri went on holiday to America for a few weeks when we didn’t have a manager.  

Rowett and Holloway were two managers who openly said they wanted the job, as well as the likes of Carbone and Di canio.  

Besides that, you’re right I don’t know how much effort Chansiri put in to get a new manager when he wasn’t out of the country on holiday and if only Monk applied besides the managers who said they wanted the job in public interviews 

Edited by Owls-Fan

6 hours ago, sage owl said:

That would be frickin marvellous. 

Do you have anyone in mind?.

no.

youre confusing what I would like to happen with what i think will happen.

the point I’m making is the argument that we can’t say anything against chansiri in case he leaves is wrong - because if he leaves he would have to be bought out - and if he were bought out than I would hope it would be someone like I described.

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

no.

youre confusing what I would like to happen with what i think will happen.

the point I’m making is the argument that we can’t say anything against chansiri in case he leaves is wrong - because if he leaves he would have to be bought out - and if he were bought out than I would hope it would be someone like I described.

Exactly . I’d love him to leave. I’ve never liked him since the first game of the first Carlos season when the idiot charged 40 quid on the kop. Wanting him gone is the dream, the reality is so much more difficult 

On 28/01/2020 at 22:05, TaxiMark said:

Book lies with him, Carlos was okay for 1 season since then its been a steady decline his appointments since have been awful ...not convinced with Monk after tonight, yes we need new players but not convinced with his methods one bit.

It's a fuckingmess.

If a manager is lumbered with a sqaud where he can't bring in anyone to play a system or tactics he wants to play he can only do his best with what's available. Too many players here don't seem too up for a fight and when pressured tend to melt like margerine on a hot day. 

That said, really good managers adapt I always said I'd give him time, but he's not convining me, or inspiring me with confidence over the last couple of months. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

If a manager is lumbered with a sqaud where he can't bring in anyone to play a system or tactics he wants to play he can only do his best with what's available. Too many players here don't seem too up for a fight and when pressured tend to melt like margerine on a hot day. 

That said, really good managers adapt I always said I'd give him time, but he's not convining me, or inspiring me with confidence over the last couple of months. 

What would you do with these players . Some are average at best some are bottlers like reach . Some look good on a YouTube reel but are actually pointless like bannan . What could be done with these clowns ?

These types of ridiculous posts sicken me! 

Let's call up Ken Bates see how he's getting on "Heyup Ken how's it hangin? Fancy tabling a bid to take over Sheffield Wednesday football club? This Dejphon Mustard kids out of his depth"

Having seen how badly other clubs have been run is our current state of affairs really that bad? It's the gamble you take to try and reach the Prem! A mean let's face it we all scream we're a big club we SHOULD be in the top league well wait a minute no we shouldn't we will be there one day if we are good enough to compete! 

Question does any of you lot have serious financial clout to through into the club to make us a success? Perhaps not so while ever someone else is trying to do just that with their own cash! Let's stick with them shall we.

And as for Carlos only giving us one good season what a load of sausages granted the first season was just best but the 2 after that weren't exactly bad either in fact if Monk was to leave I'd be the first to say let's see if Carlos would like to return.

WAWAW when it's ment to be it's ment to be just sit tight and enjoy the ride.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Chansiri went on holiday to America for a few weeks when we didn’t have a manager.  

Rowett and Holloway were two managers who openly said they wanted the job, as well as the likes of Carbone and Di canio.  

Besides that, you’re right I don’t know how much effort Chansiri put in to get a new manager when he wasn’t out of the country on holiday and if only Monk applied besides the managers who said they wanted the job in public interviews 

Again. How do you know what happened? He may have delegated shortlisting to someone else.

Maybe the cv's of those you mentioned were binned because there was something in them the club didn't like.

Remember, Cowley was supposedly coming, nailed on but the truth is he was never approached, nor applied.

23 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

Let's call up Ken Bates see how he's getting on "Heyup Ken how's it hangin? Fancy tabling a bid to take over Sheffield Wednesday football club? This Dejphon Mustard kids out of his depth"

Having seen how badly other clubs have been run is our current state of affairs really that bad? It's the gamble you take to try and reach the Prem! A mean let's face it we all scream we're a big club we SHOULD be in the top league well wait a minute no we shouldn't we will be there one day if we are good enough to compete! 

Question does any of you lot have serious financial clout to through into the club to make us a success? Perhaps not so while ever someone else is trying to do just that with their own cash! Let's stick with them shall we.

And as for Carlos only giving us one good season what a load of sausages granted the first season was just best but the 2 after that weren't exactly bad either in fact if Monk was to leave I'd be the first to say let's see if Carlos would like to return.

Welcome back to Owlstalk Carlos.

WTF:

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Again. How do you know what happened? He may have delegated shortlisting to someone else.

Maybe the cv's of those you mentioned were binned because there was something in them the club didn't like.

Remember, Cowley was supposedly coming, nailed on but the truth is he was never approached, nor applied.

Okay, if you think Monk was the only person who applied for the job then fair play. It seems I can’t argue with that 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Knock it down ??... Cleaning it ..would be a start  !!!..A lick of paint to cover the presto tool logo on west stand ... wouldn’t cost the earth ......Better catering ??... Have u been on the kop recently...long queues and nothing left........Cheap tickets every now and then ???......And pay £39 every match in between..............Ok I will give you the scoreboard and pitch......!!!!!

We have priced up for painting the West Stand roof, it could only be done in the close season as it would need scaffolding.

Okay, if you think Monk was the only person who applied for the job then fair play. It seems I can’t argue with that 

I'm not saying that. But he may have been the best fit of those on the shortlist.

Maybe Monks expectation of funds etc was more realistic than others on the list and was prepared to work with a restricted budget. There are so many factors that will never see the light of day.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

10 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Conjecture though isn't it. How do you know what happened or what efforts were made in the selection process? How do you know who was approached?

Maybe Monk was the only person who applied.

How can any of us know for sure?

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I'm not saying that. But he may have been the best fit of those on the shortlist.

Maybe Monks expectation of funds etc was more realistic than others on the list and was prepared to work with a restricted budget. There are so many factors that will never see the light of day.

Okay Im getting mixed messages now and for that reason, I’m out 

garymegson

1 hour ago, 1867_OWL said:

Current leader for the silliest post of 2020

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

For me the only way forward is for DC losen his grip and employ an experienced DOF to run the footballing side of the club from top to bottom. 

Agree. Needs to employ an experience person to run the club day to day as well off the field.
Was a good move to employ that women from Charlton, needs someone like that again.