Chansiri out !

13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Why? 

Typical of most football fans, people try to point the blame on one person - be it chansiri, monk, one of the players (winnall/rhodes/odubajo spring to mind). 

And yes, all have had their part to play with the underwhelming success in the last few seasons. However, ever since the threat of points deduction/transfer embargo has been on the horizon it has been evident the structure of the club has been in a mess for years, starting with the academy upwards. 

What will a new chairman bring? Money? It’s not like chansiri falls short in that department. How often do we see new owners come in trying to splash the cash and not much success, which, is clearly not a solution given the financial restrictions imposed by the EFL. 

If i was to start somewhere, a quick fix if you will, it would be appointing a team of experienced individuals that can advise the chairman on how to run a football club and not a business. 

Once this is in place then the bigger challenges can start to be addressed, Adjusting the culture and foundations of how the club is run. 

And to add to this, people need to realise that success of any group, organisation, business, football club it is as a result of good work by a number of people within that structure and not just 1. Idiots on here think that getting rid of 1 person will solve everything. Ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

And to add to this, people need to realise that success of any group, organisation, business, football club it is as a result of good work by a number of people within that structure and not just 1. Idiots on here think that getting rid of 1 person will solve everything. Ridiculous 

Who’s the person responsible for putting that structure in place?

12 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

He's got to go for me ...not fit to run a tap, totally inept as a leader and he's sending us all backwards.

If I was you mate don't send your CV to D taxis. Seriously how can you blame a chairman or manager for what's going off monk has come out himself saying players have to go hes the first manager to say what us fans have been saying the clear and obvious there isn't players playing with the right passion to win that's why we aren't. Once they go itll be a improvement. Monk will have the tools to do so once we've solved most of off field stuff a clear out will be done and it's a rebuild. Majority been saying it for ages so don't shoot them for actually doing it. Chansiri has made mistakes who hasn't but I think hes started learning from them beginning with the signing of Bruce etc now that was out of his hands the debacle there. Things will improve. End of day Rome wasnt built in a day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

Who’s the person responsible for putting that structure in place?

Without claiming to be an expert of the ins and outs of the club, what about the previous CE? 

You could argue that perhaps chansiri isn’t hands on enough, but then when things don’t go well he would be the blame yet again. Chansiri has no previous success within football and maybe that was the issue, but whilst he is here he needs experienced people around him which he clearly doesn’t 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Why? 

Typical of most football fans, people try to point the blame on one person - be it chansiri, monk, one of the players (winnall/rhodes/odubajo spring to mind). 

And yes, all have had their part to play with the underwhelming success in the last few seasons. However, ever since the threat of points deduction/transfer embargo has been on the horizon it has been evident the structure of the club has been in a mess for years, starting with the academy upwards. 

What will a new chairman bring? Money? It’s not like chansiri falls short in that department. How often do we see new owners come in trying to splash the cash and not much success, which, is clearly not a solution given the financial restrictions imposed by the EFL. 

If i was to start somewhere, a quick fix if you will, it would be appointing a team of experienced individuals that can advise the chairman on how to run a football club and not a business. 

Once this is in place then the bigger challenges can start to be addressed, Adjusting the culture and foundations of how the club is run. 

5 years.

1,Got rid of a decent coach in Gray.

2, Made Wednesday the most expensive club to watch.

3, Takes the pisswith the Exec box prices and as a result they are sat empty.

4, Takes ages to sack Carlos after he lost his mojo.

5. Appoints an unknown from Germany that has to go down as one of the worst.

6, Embargo.

7, 1867 seat plan idea.

8, 15 year Season Ticket idea 

9, Sells club to himself.

10, EFL threatening to dock points that could put us in big trouble.

I'm sure there is more but thats the first 10 that came into my head, I'd also love to know who buys our players, who is making those decisions? 

It’s clear there is no long term plan

We have average championship players, STILL dining out on a pay rise that they earned from failing at Wembley

Players who since peaked as saleable assets, but instead of assessing the risk benefits and managing the cash flow of the club, we just supplemented and flooded the player pool

A pool any manager would struggle to keep happy and perform at a consistent level

Now we have potential fines, points deductions, and embargoes coming our way

As fans we don’t know if we are celebrating goals to compete at the top end or ultimately at the bottom

Season tickets will drop massively next season, without a shadow of doubt 

The faith has gone

Shambles

• Thanks 1

He seems to have no strategy. 

He certainly doesn't have a strong leadership team empowered to make decisions and appointments. 

He needs both of these. Without both we will drift at best, more likely decline, perhaps precipitately.

All this is obvious. 

Sadly it has been obvious for at least two years. So the likelihood is nothing will happen even though it needs to. 

8 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

If I was you mate don't send your CV to D taxis. Seriously how can you blame a chairman or manager for what's going off monk has come out himself saying players have to go hes the first manager to say what us fans have been saying the clear and obvious there isn't players playing with the right passion to win that's why we aren't. Once they go itll be a improvement. Monk will have the tools to do so once we've solved most of off field stuff a clear out will be done and it's a rebuild. Majority been saying it for ages so don't shoot them for actually doing it. Chansiri has made mistakes who hasn't but I think hes started learning from them beginning with the signing of Bruce etc now that was out of his hands the debacle there. Things will improve. End of day Rome wasnt built in a day.

When you buying your 15 yr season ticket pal? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

5 years.

1,Got rid of a decent coach in Gray.

2, Made Wednesday the most expensive club to watch.

3, Takes the pisswith the Exec box prices and as a result they are sat empty.

4, Takes ages to sack Carlos after he lost his mojo.

5. Appoints an unknown from Germany that has to go down as one of the worst.

6, Embargo.

7, 1867 seat plan idea.

8, 15 year Season Ticket idea 

9, Sells club to himself.

10, EFL threatening to dock points that could put us in big trouble.

I'm sure there is more but thats the first 10 that came into my head, I'd also love to know who buys our players, who is making those decisions? 

I'd also add to that taking ages to appoint a manager he could have just appointed 24 hours after Bruce went. 

16 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

If I was you mate don't send your CV to D taxis. Seriously how can you blame a chairman or manager.

Chansiri has made mistakes who hasn't but I think hes started learning from them.

Things will improve. End of day Rome wasnt built in a day.

Sorry Mr Chansiri I have no interest in working for you.

• Haha 1

Is it rotten to the core? Living year by year through ‘get rich quick’ schemes. Or it is simply, just the players? 

Will we ever be able to build a team with the current club set up or do we need an overhaul. 

How do we survive? Can it be with investors and fans working together or does it need a sugar daddy. 

Do we have enough fans to invest in the club, similar to other models around Europe. Are fans willing to pay for more of a say? 

Do we need a transfer policy, playing style,  youth strategy, Business strategy and stick to it? Like Swansea did successfully for a few years and Brentford currently. 

Do we need sponsorships and revenue streams that are real and not just a way to move money around. 

Is this just another rough patch, do we just need to sit it out!  Is there a time to act or sit back and wait for oblivion? 

So many questions! But I’m sick and tired of us making endless mistakes and going nowhere.  

Just me?

• Like 1

Lots I've missed out as I couldn't be arsed to update it for a while.

Jan 2015 -     First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -     Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -     Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395.
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge of 40+ years changed. Fans not consulted.
Jun 2016 -     Signed Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox.
Jul 2016 -     Lewis McGugan frozen out.
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not consulted. Replica kits not for sale until after season has started.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck.
Oct 2016 -     Two minutes silence for the King of Thailand

Nov 2016 -   Puts CHANSIRI in place of SWFC on the North Stand seats
May 2017 -     Losses of £20m announced.
May 2017 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -     Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out. Leaves for free.
Jul 2017 -     Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL.

Aug 2017 -  DTaxis and Elev8 announced as kit sponsors
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball
Jan 2018 -    Jos Luhukay appointed manager
Jan 2018 -     Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players.
Mar 2018 -    Losses of £21m announced
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out over contract dispute. Leaves for free.
Jul 2018 -     Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad.
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that a transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with.
Feb 2019 -     Katrien Meire leaves the club
Jul 2019 -     Profit of £2.5m announced, helped by the sale of the ground to Chansiri for £60m
Nov 2019 -     Charged by EFL over ground sale being included in the wrong set of accounts in order to escape P&S rules
Jan 2020 -    Unveiling of 10 year season tickets

sheffield-wednesday-v-sheffield-united-efl-sky-bet-championship-shutterstock-editorial-10138930e.thumb.jpg.d5caf3e747d379612b2d1fc84a4eef37.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the club is a mess top to bottom.

Off the field we are in dispute with the council and the EFL.

On the field we seem to be unable to string any decent run together. Half the squad are running their contracts down and have one eye on their next move.

All this while the fans pay some of most expensive prices in the league.

The EFL decision is obviously crucial to how we move forward. I would expect some draconian punishment that we appeal and depending on the outcome take to that Sports Arbitration process which means we'll have this hanging over us until the summer at the earliest.

In the meantime we need to recruit players within a sensible budget. Realistically we might need another four transfer windows to get a decent team together within budget. Most clubs even at their peak ( Liverpool in the 80s, Man Utd in the 90s etc only have a 50% success rate on recruitment)

Do I blame Chansiri ? Yes, undoubtedly but if he goes where does that leave us ? What he needs is quality people around him to put a long term plan together and stick to it.

It doesn't help that 'them' are doing so well and attracting the young people of Sheffield to the the sparkling world of Premier League.

11 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You get rid of Monk and then what? You've still got the same set of players who have underperformed for a number of managers. At least give him a chance to bring new players in.

Monk was brought in to manage THESE players.

He knew when he accepted the wedge on offer that he would be managing the players we already had. He actually stated he had a great group to work with. Now comes the backtracking because we've lost 5 of 6.

If he'd had the balls to say to DC don't pay me or judge me until I have an entire 11 of my choosing then fine!

So let's just hang around until Monk gets his own 11 who he can then instruct to lump it upfield.

37 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Without claiming to be an expert of the ins and outs of the club, what about the previous CE? 

You could argue that perhaps chansiri isn’t hands on enough, but then when things don’t go well he would be the blame yet again. Chansiri has no previous success within football and maybe that was the issue, but whilst he is here he needs experienced people around him which he clearly doesn’t 

He had them..

He got rid of them.

3 minutes ago, FARGATEOWL said:

Do I blame Chansiri ? Yes, undoubtedly but if he goes where does that leave us ? What he needs is quality people around him to put a long term plan together and stick to it.

There is absolutely no point in continually wishing for Chansiri to appoint advisors. If he couldn't see that before now then what makes anyone think he will today. Or tomorrow, or at any time in the future because, in reality, things simply could not have gone any worse for this club than what's happened under his stewardship and he hasn't even appointed a CEO. He doesn't want help. DC knows best.

The other argument put forward to excuse keeping Chansiri at the helm is that he can't sell anyway because nobody would pay his asking price because, of course, he'd expect his money back. It's not like they're queuing round the block to buy us is it? Well how about we put the club up for sale at an attractive price for investors.  Why do we care if this multi billionaire loses money on his pet project? I couldn't care less. 

15 minutes ago, erowl said:

Monk was brought in to manage THESE players.

He knew when he accepted the wedge on offer that he would be managing the players we already had. He actually stated he had a great group to work with. Now comes the backtracking because we've lost 5 of 6.

If he'd had the balls to say to DC don't pay me or judge me until I have an entire 11 of my choosing then fine!

So let's just hang around until Monk gets his own 11 who he can then instruct to lump it upfield.

He wouldn't have known from a distance what the attitudes and mentality of the players was, on paper we don't look a bad squad, ridiculous to suggest otherwise.