Chansiri out !

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's really, really, really not my fault. We weren't privy to budgets, forecasts etc. We were assured all was fine. Either he was mistaken, fibbing or is incompetent - or a combination of the three.   Dave Richards was a hero once. 

So you didn’t think signing Rhodes, Fletcher and upping Fessi’s salary would have an impact on future spending if it didn’t result in promotion? Plus all the other big money signings i.e. Abdi, Reach, Van Aken...

DC has not given up on the club, it is just a case of readjusting and next season provides more opportunity given the out of contract players.

Edited by We are all Wednesday

Just now, We are all Wednesday said:

So you didn’t think signing Rhodes, Fletcher and upping Fessi’s salary would have an impact on future spending if it didn’t result in promotion? Plus all the other big money signings i.e. Abdi, Reach, Van Aken...

I thought if we didn't go up then the club would have to balance budgets by selling a player or two, like clubs have always done.

I dont think we would be stockpiling players because we are all 'One Big Family'

Just now, rickygoo said:

I didn't see how the Rhodes transfer was any way financially feasible. But I didn't know whether that initial spending that got us to Wembley was. And Chansiri explicitly said FFP wasn't a problem. Are you saying we shouldn't have believed him?

Stop digging..

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We need a new scapegoat..if you love the club and the fans you'll take the fall..

I thought you were alright really but now I hate you.

Haters gonna hate.  If only I'd managed to get my dad's sponk into the testicles of a Thai millionaire maybe I could and should have stepped in. You're right. I accept my share of the blame. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Not one person’s fault but far easier to place the blame on others than accept some yourself. How many fans are calling for signing at the mo? 

If you can't see Rickygoo's part in our malaise..god help you.. he's been the trouble all along.

• Haha 1

Just now, We are all Wednesday said:

Not one person’s fault but far easier to place the blame on others than accept some yourself. How many fans are calling for signing at the mo? 

Football fans at every club always want another signing. 

Yes the fans were really excited when we signed Jordan Rhodes but making big money signings when your main motivation is making a gift to the fans not a way to run a football club responsibly.

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought if we didn't go up then the club would have to balance budgets by selling a player or two, like clubs have always done.

I dont think we would be stockpiling players because we are all 'One Big Family'

Which player were we offered decent money for which we would have wanted to release? We did sell Joao and Hunt - not sure we wanted to sell the latter but made good financial sense.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Football fans at every club always want another signing. 

Yes the fans were really excited when we signed Jordan Rhodes but making big money signings when your main motivation is making a gift to the fans not a way to run a football club responsibly.

Not doubting that mistakes have been made but was it what you state above or that the club thought it would make the difference at the time. I know I and many other fans did.

obviously I’m not blaming the fans but just pointing out that we at least need to acknowledge that we were happy (to different degrees) with these signings at the time and now need to be patient whilst the rebuild takes place rather than just blaming DC. 

40 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

No one was saying this when we were signing these players. Just calm down and understand that a bit of time is required.

Time is rather irrelevant to what I'm saying, although my three words, were a tad ambiguous.

It is the decisions that are being made. And I for one questioned many of the signings along with other issues that have ultimately affected the club.

These decisions  are all not attributed to time. It is not promotion I and many others crave for the club right now.

It is a basic sense of stability. Stability so that the time you speak of, can be used wisely. Financially off the pitch, and with results on them.

Stability has been lacking at this club since Big Ron was here.

2 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Not doubting that mistakes have been made but was it what you state above or that the club thought it would make the difference at the time. I know I and many other fans did.

obviously I’m not blaming the fans but just pointing out that we at least need to acknowledge that we were happy (to different degrees) with these signings at the time and now need to be patient whilst the rebuild takes place rather than just blaming DC. 

Think it was Carlos who said once said that signing Rhodes was the chairmen gift to the fans, I may be mistaken or maybe CC was covering his own back.
I do admit to being excited by signing Rhodes at the time although do remember thinking it was strange signing Winnall same week as well.

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Time is rather irrelevant to what I'm saying, although my three words, were a tad ambiguous.

It is the decisions that are being made. And I for one questioned many of the signings along with other issues that have ultimately affected the club.

These decisions  are all not attributed to time. It is not promotion I and many others crave for the club right now.

It is a basic sense of stability. Stability so that the time you speak of, can be used wisely. Financially off the pitch, and with results on them.

Stability has been lacking at this club since Big Ron was here.

I understand what you are saying but if those investments had come off it would have been seen as a success and we would be a well run club. How the club is run is viewed against success on the pitch. Problem is, football isn’t a business and it doesn’t provide a reliable outcome.

Hopefully what we do now and going forwards provides a stable base once again and we can move forwards going into next season.