Chansiri out !

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

So we want him to employ a director of Football , and someone to run the business as a whole ?        What we wanting D.C. to do ? Just pay the bills ??

Pie in the Sky 

Hardly pie in the sky when it’s how many successful clubs are run, and that doesn’t just leave paying the bills. He’d get to enjoy owning a more successful club (and the financial benefits of that) instead of the unsuccessful model he’s currently presiding over.

28 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Chansiri won't let anybody else play with his train set.

How old is his son now? I thought it was DC's plan to hand it over to him at some point. If so, it could be another 10 years or so.

On 28/01/2020 at 22:03, bradowl said:

I don't blame him. 

Monk and players want a good kick up ass. 

Wigan wanted it more than us, showed far more passion and desire second half. 

What has the Wigan game got to do with how the club is being managed?

Surely people are still not confusing the two? It was bad enough when MM and Megson's roles were being confused, or DC and CC's roles, but surely after the recent run on managers the club's problems and the common denominator are quite clear to everybody? 

Ask yourself how far we have come in the last 4/5 seasons, how much money SWFC has spent over that period, how high are wages are compared to then, how much we have got left to spend over the next couple of years and who is responsible for all of that? Its nothing to do with any of the players, or any of the managers, so who are we left with....?

.. comedy answers anybody....?

lol........is it me .... McBully? :image:

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t personally believe he runs everything lock stock and barrel when he’s hardly ever in the country anyway 

he’s got people behind the scenes we just don’t know who they are and what they do,  he did bring Katrien Meire in but she couldn’t get through the door without the majority throwing a hissy fit because of her Charlton days

Not defending everything he’s done before people start exploding with rage either , just saying I find it very hard to believe he’s got the ‘grip’ on everything like it’s claimed he has when he’s hardly ever in the UK ,  his people aren’t common knowledge because he wants them protected and the fans to only

blame him 

There was some suspicion of her and rightly so, but this faded quickly. The fans were largely indifferent to her, as they generally didn't hear from her much in her very limited time here. Indeed, it all seemed to unravel after DC fans' forum outburst in Dec 18 - a month later DC announced she was leaving and with no replacement. With Redgate's demotion off the Board, DC has sole responsibility with no senior staff at Hillsborough day-to-day.

You can't run any large business in this way, never mind a football club.

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hardly pie in the sky when it’s how many successful clubs are run, and that doesn’t just leave paying the bills. He’d get to enjoy owning a more successful club (and the financial benefits of that) instead of the unsuccessful model he’s currently presiding over.

Never argued that it wasn’t a successful way to run a club, I said it’s pie in sky hoping Chansiri will take that route , because he won’t 

And further , I said he’s got advisors behind the scenes that help run the club hence I doubt he’s got the grip many insist he has on the billy basic day to day tasks  , I didn’t say he’s got a mystery DoF and chief exec 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

There was some suspicion of her and rightly so, but this faded quickly. The fans were largely indifferent to her, as they generally didn't hear from her much in her very limited time here. Indeed, it all seemed to unravel after DC fans' forum outburst in Dec 18 - a month later DC announced she was leaving and with no replacement. With Redgate's demotion off the Board, DC has sole responsibility with no senior staff at Hillsborough day-to-day.

You can't run any large business in this way, never mind a football club.

Exactly.

It's laughable that anyone could expect someone with no ability or experience to run a business.

It's no shock at all it's been a disaster.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Never argued that it wasn’t a successful way to run a club, I said it’s pie in sky hoping Chansiri will take that route , because he won’t 

And further , I said he’s got advisors behind the scenes that help run the club hence I doubt he’s got the grip many insist he has on the billy basic day to day tasks  , I didn’t say he’s got a mystery DoF and chief exec 

Grasping at straws.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Grasping at straws.

Thinking he decides what time the tea lady knocks off every day when he’s in Thailand is grasping at straws 

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's 100% accountable for his failure.

Nobody else is running the club for him.

He's the man.

He’s 100% responsible yeh, never said he wasn’t 

If he had all these people in place that people want him to ... would he still not be 100% responsible?

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Obviously he won’t, that’s clear. Shouldn’t stop us pointing out how foolish his approach is though. Things aren’t going well and it’s entirely his fault.

I get the frustration after current results, Chansiri has made mistakes, but i think saying we have gone backwards since play-offs so he needs to go is short sighted for me. Before he came our highest finish in the league this century was under Laws when we finished 9th, i remember they flashed the final table on the old screen after the final game and we all cheered like how amazing it is. Now we are 11th and people want chairman, manager and players gone. If Chansiri didn't come and go for broke we wouldn't have been near the play-offs and wembley, the club has never been well run enough to make the play-offs without Chansiri so why would that be different if he wasn't here. In recent years having to comply with EFL and try and rectify his gamble means we haven't gone in the play-offs, but we haven't struggled or being in the relegation battle. We could easily be Ipswich, Sunderland and co. Back in the dog and duck league. We have not had to worry about that for last 6 years. Milan and now Chansiri are not perfect, have made mistakes, but l would rather have him than risk what could happen. I would urge Chansiri to reduce ticket pricing and to hire a director of football with football experience. Apart from that i think the other mistakes he has now learnt and is changing. I think give him and Monk time and we might just be alright. I appreciate i am saying this 2 days after Wigan so have time to reflect, but the answer in football is not to just keep sacking managers and owners, we need to give Chansiri a chance now he has some more experience of being an Owner, also Monk needs time to create his team. If in 2 years Monks changes haven't worked and we are in bottom half then fair enough, if in a few years we are in trouble again with the EFL about finances and Chansiri has made the same mistakes, then i get that. But for now stick with them. I know some will not agree, i have criticised Chansiri in the past, but i think i have seen some good steps so happy to give time.

Exactly.

It's laughable that anyone could expect someone with no ability or experience to run a business.

It's no shock at all it's been a disaster.

I really don't know what model he is following - there doesn't appear to be one; certainly in the football world to my knowledge.

My hope is his family; more use to running a business, start to get more involved and encourage him to set the management structure to something resembling a normal football club. DC doesn't have the luxury of bank-rolling us indefinitely, and I expect that they will all have to share the long-term funding liabilities and therefore, I expect they will want involvement in decisions.

DC's commercial ideas have been poor; even his most ardent supporters must acknowledge this. The facts are clear that we are not a successful business model, even for a championship club. It's not sustainable, and I expect something to give over the next 12 months - announcements on ownership dilution; debt management; staff management structure etc. All needs to happen with a new 3/5-yr plan, which can be communicated, understood and accepted by the fan base. This will help in creating an environment to bring the customers with him and maintain revenue along the way.

Without this, he will become increasingly isolated and I imagine, considering his narcissistic tendencies, become how irrational and unpredictable.

No one wants this, including him.

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s 100% responsible yeh, never said he wasn’t 

If he had all these people in place that people want him to ... would he still not be 100% responsible?

Successful clubs have successfull people running them.

There is nobody at our club he can hide behind.

They don't exist. We will continue to regress until he sees the light.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I really don't know what model he is following - there doesn't appear to be one; certainly in the football world to my knowledge.

My hope is his family; more use to running a business, start to get more involved and encourage him to set the management structure to something resembling a normal football club. DC doesn't have the luxury of bank-rolling us indefinitely, and I expect that they will all have to share the long-term funding liabilities and therefore, I expect they will want involvement in decisions.

DC's commercial ideas have been poor; even his most ardent supporters must acknowledge this. The facts are clear that we are not a successful business model, even for a championship club. It's not sustainable, and I expect something to give over the next 12 months - announcements on ownership dilution; debt management; staff management structure etc. All needs to happen with a new 3/5-yr plan, which can be communicated, understood and accepted by the fan base. This will help in creating an environment to bring the customers with him and maintain revenue along the way.

Without this, he will become increasingly isolated and I imagine, considering his narcissistic tendencies, become how irrational and unpredictable.

No one wants this, including him.

Exactly.

At least his family have some evidence of experience and success. Hopefully they will take it out of his hands at some point.

I don't want to see him humiliated, but it's our club he's running into the ground.

Successful clubs have successfull people running them.

There is nobody at our club he can hide behind.

They don't exist. We will continue to regress until he sees the light.

What if the light is coming from a train hurtling towards him at 90mph?