Reach comments in star

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

There isn't one member of the squad I wouldn't part with for the right money.

A big overhaul of the squad is needed.

I agree but what’s the right money?

Apart from Iorfa (and maybe Borner) who in our squad would fetch any money? Most of them are overpaid and getting on or simply not good enough. And the majority of them will be available for free in the summer anyway

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Oh dear . My advice to the players is say nothing ( other than an apology for Saturdays showing ) , get your heads down and blooming well beat QPR for starters . The sooner we all realise we are mid table at best and overachieving down to Monks tactics the better though .

Monk is overachieving?  Nah, not having that.

For me, Monk isn’t getting the best out of this squad at all.  His negative tactics have shackled us creatively.  And his poor game-management has seen us throw many points away in the last 10 minutes of several matches throughout the season.

As a manager he’s too slow to react to what’s happening on the pitch too.

Look at the Blackburn game on Saturday for example.  Why did he not make a tactical change after the sending off?  At 1-0 and down to 10 players, we were up against it.  I know the manager can only influence so much but the situation was retrievable.  If the right changes been made at that moment, we could have battled for a draw.

Likewise, I appreciate that we’ve been unlucky to lose Fletcher.  But other clubs get injuries too; they deal with it and adapt accordingly.  Monk hasn’t adapted to losing Fletcher and we’ve imploded - 4 defeats from 5 in the league.  That’s on him.

I disagree that we are overachieving.  And I disagree that Monk’s tactics have benefited us.

First player to go if a offer comes in 

£5 million for a joke of a player

We had our good game from him against Leeds ,so he will cr@p for the next 8 now 

Middlesbrough really did have our pants down for him and Rhodes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ka58 said:

Based on the fact that he is technically very good, works hard and is rarely injured.

it was only a week ago an intelligent run and great pull back set up our goal at Leeds / when everyone decided we were good again.

and now we’ve realised we’re not that good and suddenly it’s Adam reach’s fault.

Works hard? O right ok

You mean he runs around alot and doesn't do much at all. And correct he wont get injured because god forbid if he was to put in a challenge.

No, actually said for a long time Reach is over rated and still stick by that. 1 in 10 games performance player.

9 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Nuhiu and Joao were the ones who stepped up the most during that time we would have been f**ked without them.

Reach carried that team for months. Obviously people are angry but we don’t need to rewrite history.

He won Player of the Year

6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Monk is overachieving?  Nah, not having that.

For me, Monk isn’t getting the best out of this squad at all.  His negative tactics have shackled us creatively.  And his poor game-management has seen us throw many points away in the last 10 minutes of several matches throughout the season.

As a manager he’s too slow to react to what’s happening on the pitch too.

Look at the Blackburn game on Saturday for example.  Why did he not make a tactical change after the sending off?  At 1-0 and down to 10 players, we were up against it.  I know the manager can only influence so much but the situation was retrievable.  If the right changes been made at that moment, we could have battled for a draw.

Likewise, I appreciate that we’ve been unlucky to lose Fletcher.  But other clubs get injuries too; they deal with it and adapt accordingly.  Monk hasn’t adapted to losing Fletcher and we’ve imploded - 4 defeats from 5 in the league.  That’s on him.

I disagree that we are overachieving.  And I disagree that Monk’s tactics have benefited us.

You honestly believe we could have got a draw on Saturday if Monk had changed a player or 2 ? , sorry I can’t agree there we would have lost with 13 players never mind 11 then 10 . Up to Saturday we were very hard to beat , especially away that’s down to the managers tactics . Lately at home games the balance isn’t right or the players just aren’t good enough as a team hence the overachieving comment I made . 

25 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Works hard? O right ok

You mean he runs around alot and doesn't do much at all. And correct he wont get injured because god forbid if he was to put in a challenge.

No, actually said for a long time Reach is over rated and still stick by that. 1 in 10 games performance player.

Ok - but because you’ve said it for a long time doesn’t make it true though. 

I’m not saying he’s the worlds best otherwise he wouldn’t be playing for Wednesday but a Left sided player who, creates goals, scores goals, versatile, good passer of the ball.

player of the year a couple of seasons ago.

picked by every manager he’s played under.

13 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Did you go ? Reach was the only one trying in my opinion, ran is fcuking socks off !!!  UTO 

To be fair I have not watched the game back, but on Saturday I commented that at least he was trying.  At one stage he was charging around like a headless chicken, but you could see he was hurting and wanted to try and make something happen.  Apart from him maybe only Hutch also, but we all see games differently and are watching for different things. 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

20 hours ago, bobness said:

This argument could be made for any player on most teams.

Practically speaking, if the club is looking to rebuild, the following three should be on the keep list: Dawson, Iorfa, and Borner

Definitely, unless we were offered crazy money for them, the rest are from an aging, failing squad that needs a rebuild.

11 hours ago, Sonny said:

Reach carried that team for months. Obviously people are angry but we don’t need to rewrite history.

He won Player of the Year

I could have won poty in 2017/2018 mate 

and he carried a league 1 side that season

Edited by FreshOwl

10 hours ago, Striggy said:

To be fair I have not watched the game back, but on Saturday I commented that at least he was trying.  At one stage he was charging around like a headless chicken, but you could see he was hurting and wanted to try and make something happen.  Apart from him maybe only Hutch also, but we all see games differently and are watching for different things. 

Don't forget his pointing. World class level.

On 19/01/2020 at 16:35, tashton said:

He said noone could say anything about the commitment and they tried to the end.  Unless I've misinterpreted it then I'm gobsmacked

the commitment shown in getting on to the pitch was there as all 11 started.

..but that is where is ended.

an absolutely diabolical performance. 

42 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

League one quality for that second half of the season. Remember that team away at Millwall :ghoulguy:

Yes, it was crap.

Still - Reach was one of the few to step up and he was decent last season.

Has been poor this season, though his assist stats are still decent.

Honestly, I think all our wide options are lacking. Harris is the best of the lot and I'm not overly sold on him.

Less said about Murphy the better.