Reach comments in star

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That doesn’t really make sense in context of the conversation but fair enough. You’re not keen, I get that.

He was the best of a bad bunch is what I was trying to imply. He never stood out when we had Hooper, FF, Bannan, Wallace etc all in the team 

he looked better when he was occupying the midfield with the likes of Boyd, stobbs and pelupessey 

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, it was crap.

Still - Reach was one of the few to step up and he was decent last season.

Has been poor this season, though his assist stats are still decent.

Honestly, I think all our wide options are lacking. Harris is the best of the lot and I'm not overly sold on him.

Less said about Murphy the better.

Imo although not good, Murphy is much more likely to get into a goal scoring position or get beyond his full back. Reach takes the ball like he’s running with it for the first time

13 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You honestly believe we could have got a draw on Saturday if Monk had changed a player or 2 ? , sorry I can’t agree there we would have lost with 13 players never mind 11 then 10 . Up to Saturday we were very hard to beat , especially away that’s down to the managers tactics . Lately at home games the balance isn’t right or the players just aren’t good enough as a team hence the overachieving comment I made . 

Not sure about being hard to beat but we’ve definitely been hard to watch this season.

I don’t believe it’s a case of ‘players just aren’t good enough’.  Otherwise how do you explain us being 3rd at Christmas?

Up to the manager to instil the right level of professionalism, belief, motivation and tactical discipline into the player’s minds, isn’t it?

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, it was crap.

Still - Reach was one of the few to step up and he was decent last season.

Has been poor this season, though his assist stats are still decent.

Honestly, I think all our wide options are lacking. Harris is the best of the lot and I'm not overly sold on him.

Less said about Murphy the better.

Harris has created more goal scoring opportunities than anyone else in the league - 28, 7 more than any other player.

He creates chances - and what do we do?

Leave him out for Murphy, who has an odd flash in the pan 

Harris set the bar high early doors and a few slower performances he’s lost in place - it’s difficult for him as he’s our outball and every side knows it, which is why he’s struggled at times

Hes still rapid and the stats don’t lie - deserves to start every week over useless Murphy

I read the whole article yesterday and here is the link to exactly what he said... 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/season-not-over-sheffield-wednesday-midfielder-calls-calm-after-blackburn-rovers-thrashing-1369454

"But I would like to think they (the fans) weren't booing or having negative thoughts over commitment and desire because I thought we all showed that and worked hard over the 90 minutes. We never gave up. It just wasn't our day.

"Performances, of course, will be better than that but I just hope they don't get too down. Like I said, the world has not ended. We are still in a good position. There are still things we can improve on and we will do.

"We are fully confident in that dressing room that come the end of the season we will be where we want to be." 

"A loss is a loss and we will get on with it.

"Every time we have had a loss, we have shown character in the next game, "We will dust ourselves down. Just because we lost against Blackburn doesn't mean the season is over. The world has not ended just yet" 

kinda annoyed me reading tbh, the bit about not getting too down just sounds patronising, corse the worlds not ending, but people are always gonna be Majorly peeshed when it costs so much to go and then they don't even put a friggin shift in. 

That to me reads like he thinks we’ve been fairies before, this whole end of the world stuff. Clearly doesn’t get what football means, it’s not just a defeat mate, it was an absolute hammering at home to a lower mid table side. That sort of thing doesn’t ‘just happen’ 

15 minutes ago, OwlsItGoing said:

Players with that attitude and that mentality shouldnt be at the club, look at over the road if that happened to them they'd be fuming wilder wouldnt let it happen as much as it pains me to say.

All that I can say/think is thank god for Reach that Roy Keane isn't our manager. Not sure he would last long to be honest.lol

Sounds as though he's living in a different world to the rest of us. The players would do well to remember this and pull there fingers out

Bill Shankly Quotes

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

On 19/01/2020 at 16:18, tashton said:

Anyone read them?  Thought I couldn't get any more peed off after yesterday but reach seems to think noone could doubt their commitment yesterday..... Really Adam??.    I must have been watching a different game

Why do some people just hang about waiting for their latest excuse to have a go at Reach? I

Why didn't our captain for the day give an interview? If the rest of the team had put as much into the game as Reach did we would not have lost the game in such a devastating fashion. Our captain for the day disappeared into his shell as happens too often these days and had an absolutely appalling game compared to his fantastic performance against l**ds! Why put so much effort in against l**ds then not bother to turn up against Blackburn? There werre too many slackers, underperformers and deadweights against Blackburn, but of all the players that deserved heavy criticism Reach was not one of them.

I gave Reach man of the match based on what I saw him do over the 90 minutes, but I have just checked out the player stats for the game and Reach was by far our best player from the starting 11, with Hutchinson and Nuhiu doing better that the rest too when they came on from the bench. Also, this upside down idea about his lack of tackling that has bred amongst the Reach knockers needs putting to bed too, because yet again he made more tackles than any of our other players, outside the back four.

For those who have no idea what he is doing for the team, just ignore him because luckily most of us know that he is one of our very few star players.

PS who is Noone?

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

Reality check required for the, "End Is Nigh"ers....

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/statistics-show-how-much-chance-sheffield-wednesday-have-promotion-season-and-prove-how-close-years-championship-really-1371229

Still just 3 points from play offs because of our superior goal difference and still 11 points of the top two! So what really happened? Our goal difference went down by five and we lost 3 points, but there are still 54 points to play for!

image.thumb.png.bf617c7c876ce8bb3723714b6473b76f.png

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Was it Nigel Clough who said it only takes a second to score a goal?

So, excluding injury time, that was 5400 opportunities to score and we still couldn’t get one. Pretty poor really.

I think it's more pertinent to our Adam that Take That said it only takes a minute girl, to fall in love.

:ghoulguy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So, excluding injury time, that was 5400 opportunities to score and we still couldn’t get one. Pretty poor really.

I think it were his dad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

According to the stats we only made 3 key passes, ie passes that lead to direct chances on goal;- Adam Reach 2 and Urhoghide 1, with ) key passes from any of our other players at all! So all those people that went OTT over Bannan against l**ds must now wonder why he thought that sitting in the middle of our defence launching balls up in the air towards Winall, who was nearly a foot shorter than the defenders around him, could possibly lead to us having a chance on goal, unless the defenders got fed up of having such an easy game and decided to launch one for their goalie to get some practise in.  

I’m not saying this club has bad luck but George Best was due for a trial with us once.

He got lost on the way, rang the club, and said “How do I get to Hillsborough?”

He was told he should keep practicing so he got the hump on and went home.

Probably just aswell. It had been snowing and we’d have had to assess him indoors.