Reach comments in star

Here you go:

"We didn't start the game very well and went down to 10 men early on," said Reach.

"We took a few too many chances on the edge of our own box and that's something we haven't done in the last couple of games.

"When you lose a man that early and you are already a goal down, it is very difficult.

“I don't think anyone can say anything about the commitment. We worked to the end.

"Once you go three nil down and down to 10 men, it is damage limitation really.

"We were disappointed to go and concede another two but it is that catch 22 when you still want to try and attack and work hard and do the right things but you don't want the score to get out of hand and it kind of did today.

"We have got a good, strong dressing room in there.

"We will dust ourselves down and get on with it.”

I personally said during the game that Reach was the only one who looked bothered! However, I think he is ridiculously overrated so him looking bothered yesterday does not for one moment mean he played well!

We have worse players but criticism of one player doesn’t mean you think every other player is brilliant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Based on what? 

Based on the fact that he is technically very good, works hard and is rarely injured.

it was only a week ago an intelligent run and great pull back set up our goal at Leeds / when everyone decided we were good again.

and now we’ve realised we’re not that good and suddenly it’s Adam reach’s fault.

Just now, ka58 said:

Based on the fact that he is technically very good, works hard and is rarely injured.

it was only a week ago an intelligent run and great pull back set up our goal at Leeds / when everyone decided we were good again.

and now we’ve realised we’re not that good and suddenly it’s Adam reach’s fault.

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, ka58 said:

Ah the bi-monthly “reach is over-rated” thread.

how I’ve missed thee.

hes one of our best players.

Come on get with the agenda every time we lose it's because the players lack commitment. And also all our players are crap but at the same time we have a squad that should be in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

There isn't one member of the squad I wouldn't part with for the right money.

A big overhaul of the squad is needed.

This argument could be made for any player on most teams.

Practically speaking, if the club is looking to rebuild, the following three should be on the keep list: Dawson, Iorfa, and Borner

5 hours ago, tashton said:

Anyone read them?  Thought I couldn't get any more peed off after yesterday but reach seems to think noone could doubt their commitment yesterday..... Really Adam??.    I must have been watching a different game

He was watching another game because he never got involved in our game

Guest The Horse

It wasn't long ago that Reach seemed to dig deep into his soul, stepped up and led the team from relegation bound to safety under Jos and that injury ravaged season we had.

He won player of the season I think that year?

He was brilliant. The boy had become the man.

But as soon as the rest of the gang came back, that side of him disappeared.

I'd love to know why.

54 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Running about, neshing tackles and shirking responsibilities doesn't equate to being committed. 

It's like bacon and eggs... the pigs committed the chicken is involved. Got to stop drinking now been going since 4.00 o'clock Saturday.

Guest LittleG
5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He's rarely injured i'll give you that.

He might be weak in the tackle, like 2 or 3 others, but he does always put a shift in. I just think it's wrong that posters are highlighting certain individuals over that performance when in fact not one player came out with any credit. As a team we were inept and clueless and couldn't even do the basics of controllingthe ball, finding space or passing the ball accurately. It was a terrible performance by the "team"

I don't think anyone can say anything about the commitment..  that is the quote from reach that was in Sheffield star.  It wasn't hard to find.  NewsNow Sheffield Wednesday brings up articles in the local press.  I wasn't making it up and my original post mentioned what he'd said about commitment.  It angered me because personally I didn't see any and if reach did then that's worrying

11 minutes ago, The Horse said:

It wasn't long ago that Reach seemed to dig deep into his soul, stepped up and led the team from relegation bound to safety under Jos and that injury ravaged season we had.

He won player of the season I think that year?

He was brilliant. The boy had become the man.

But as soon as the rest of the gang came back, that side of him disappeared.

I'd love to know why.

Nuhiu and Joao were the ones who stepped up the most during that time we would have been f**ked without them.

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Works hard but has little talent. He’d be great for a L1 promotion side 

Greatest respect here Freshy

He does have talent but not a natural ...

in the brain scale he's a farmers labourer.. 

He needs managing guiding.

You could see that improvement under Bruce.

With Monk its damage limitation at the moment..

Our jigsaw missing piece was Hector ...

He shoved everyone forward ...

That's the problem we are bottom feeders ....

Way too deep ....

Massive loss not getting Micheal Hector

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST