Match of the Decade

Barring any miracle event / scoreline against Cardiff on Sunday (which would usurp any answers) This evening, some of us were discussing our "Match of the Decade" since January 2010.

One of two for me, Arsenal in October 2015 or more probably Brighton in the first leg of the play offs in May 2016.

I haven't experienced an atmosphere like that for some time. Plus, we were very nearly over the line and into the promised land!!

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Then two or Wycombe at home, Blades at home or away in our promotion season 

All good days - some of the other memorable

ones are Newcastle at home, Bristol at home from behind. 

One of the best atmospheres ive experienced in the North Stand in that Newcastle win, absolutely bouncing. We were brilliant that day as well

Choose any from Wycombe, Arsenal or Brighton first leg. I’m slightly too young to remember Kaiserslautern in 93, but my Dad always uses that game as the benchmark in terms of atmosphere. He maintains that Wycombe and Brighton pretty much match it. The roar when Antonio slotted home. 38,000 fans in all four corners. Brighton edges it for me, we scared the poo out of their team.

Edited by Castleford Owl

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Brighton at home.

Electric atmosphere.

Insane goal celebrations. 

Players playing on the front foot. 

Impromptu camera phone lights. 

I could watch that Lee goal 100 times in a row and not get bored. 

It’s funny for me as my in laws are Brighton season ticket holders and they often make fun of how we flashed our phone lights in that game saying it was naff. But I bite my tongue as I know they are just jealous.