Match of the Decade

1 minute ago, Nut said:

Yeah, we were throwing games away back then as well.

We were throwing games away even earlier

2-0 up in a cup final and still losing

We've probably always thrown games away

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I was at the Kaiserslautern game & always said it was the best ever atmosphere, even though it became a bit subdued after they scored the 2nd equaliser.

The games in the last 10 years that matched it for me were:

Brighton playoffs & Wycombe game.

Both 90+ minutes of pure joy.

• Like 1

Away from home its the 3-2 win at Toy town for me, seeing fatty Evans running towards there fans when they went 2-1 up with mins to go and then seeing us score twice during injury time was unbelievable. 

At home Arsenal in cup was a great night. 

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Then two or Wycombe at home, Blades at home or away in our promotion season 

All good days - some of the other memorable

ones are Newcastle at home, Bristol at home from behind. 

Not sure why you are the only one who remembers the Blavdes at home in 2012 as being the highlight of the decade. You would have thought we'd won several trophys since. 

Dirty Red and White Bar Stewards

garymegson

Praise be to Lord Megson

garymegson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17093412

2 hours ago, flying-owl said:

I was at the Kaiserslautern game & always said it was the best ever atmosphere, even though it became a bit subdued after they scored the 2nd equaliser.

What about Chelsea league cup semi 2nd leg. 1991 got to be the best Hillsborough atmosphere in recent times that I remember , Kaiserslautern was close as was Brighton in the play offs.

12 minutes ago, Watto said:

What about Chelsea league cup semi 2nd leg. 1991 got to be the best Hillsborough atmosphere in recent times that I remember , Kaiserslautern was close as was Brighton in the play offs.

Agreed, atmosphere was incredible, still got nervous when they got a goal back to make it 4-1 on aggregate........nothing has changed

lol

12 minutes ago, Eastern said:

This one

Great game! Certainly one of the best over the last 10 years. Had a bit of everything - major thunderstorm before kick off, their penalty which could’ve made it 3-1 to them and within a minute it remains 2-1 and they are now down to 10

men like us. Great comeback as well with the imperious Kieran Lee getting the winner. 

Guest 1banana2banana
15 hours ago, The Regulator said:

Honourable mention for the Carlisle game. Can’t ever remember celebrating a goal like that before or since.

Was just about to mention this. I can’t remember the exact context but that goal was the one that gave us that feeling of weakness are going to catch the pigs now’. Never celebrated like that before ever 

For how good the Brighton at home game was, the away leg was probably the most horrible game I've ever witnessed.

We were absolutely battered, battered, in that first half.  About 5 shots on target, a goal down, Lees and Loovens both on yellow cards and they hit the post all within the first 18 minutes!   And Loovens nearly sliced himself in half.  

Untitled.png.ae6bc6e731554afa0aca33559ad9540a.png

Edited by Suzuki_San

5 hours ago, flying-owl said:

I was at Kaiserslauten you are spot on best atmosphere ever. And was great fun...to start with! 

The home game against the BlaVdes in the Mind the Gap promotion season.

They were apparently this great footballing team and we were a long ball team under Megson. 

5 points clear and all that nonsense... they were coming to Hillsborough to do this that and the other 

We played them off the park and our fans were the ones shouting ‘hoof’ at every desperate long pass they made. 

But the atmosphere that day was electric and up with the best of them. Our fans made it loud, colourful and very hostile... which made a refreshing change. The stadium was rocking and their players, fans and management didn’t know what hit them... it set the ball rolling for a memorable end to the season.

The derby they could afford to lose...

.’you have the attendances and we will have promotion’

’you can have the derbies and we will have promotion’ 

‘5 points clear and 2 games in hand’

in the end we took the lot