Jordan Rhodes.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

if he was that bad how come such a turnaround from 1st half to 2nd ? swapping him for nuhiu? he certainly weren't a world beater when he came on but he helped change the game. if we could unload in jan nuhiu winnall Rhodes forestieri and bring in 2 replacements who are fit and have pace and decent striker attributes then lets do it , but decent strikers are either not available or cost crazy money. 

You're looking for something that just isn't there. gurujuan  said it all... we always finish strong. He ran around, tried, like anyone would. But, this is one of the highest earners at the club, robbing a wage, for what he's been paid for.
SCORING GOALS !!!

He hardly has.... and honestly, why give blind loyal support to a player that thought more of the opposing team, than the one that paid him a wage.

Rhodes goal scoring exploits have been

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rhodes

Hudds 87 in 148 games = 1 goal per 1.7 games

Blackburn 85 in 169 games = 1 per 2 games

Boro 6 goals in 24 games = 1 per 4

Norwich (loan) 9 in 36 = 1 per 4

SWFC (2 spells) 7 in 35 = 1 per 5

6 EPL games for Boro = 0 goals, all other games have been in the championship or L1 (Hudds)

For just the Championship, he's played 280 games and scored 112 = 1 per 2.5

Not too bad but a big drop after leaving Blackburn in 2016 and not really recovered since

Since leaving Blackburn he's had 109 Championship games and scored 25, or 1 in 4.4

Big Dave has scored 46 in 252 games for SWFC = 1 in 5.5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atdhe_Nuhiu

And before joined us he'd scored 48 in 214 games = 1 in 4.5, almost the same as Rhodes in the Championship!!

Well, bu$$er me. Gave me something to do I suppose :bullen:

I'm off for a lie down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Said this before but we won’t score enough goals playing one up front when the wide forwards are Reach, Harris and Murphy. So need to play 2 up

FF can’t play in a front two, doesn’t work. Fletcher is a shoo in and the most effective striker we have. Nuhui isn’t someone you want to play every game as he doesn’t score. So that means Rhodes or Winnall.. I’d play Rhodes alongside Fletcher because although his record for us is poor, he’s mostly been played with an unsuitable partner or on his own. Can’t remember too many games alongside Fletcher and the second half was much better yesterday 

Has he been a poor value for money signing? Obviously. But given our current predicament means we probably won’t be able to bring in a replacement we go with what we’ve got. If he can get some confidence and fitness back then it might work.. we won’t score enough goals for top 6 with any other combinations so nothing to lose

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Said this before but we won’t score enough goals playing one up front when the wide forwards are Reach, Harris and Murphy. So need to play 2 up

FF can’t play in a front two, doesn’t work. Fletcher is a shoo in and the most effective striker we have. Nuhui isn’t someone you want to play every game as he doesn’t score. So that means Rhodes or Winnall.. I’d play Rhodes alongside Fletcher because although his record for us is poor, he’s mostly been played with an unsuitable partner or on his own. Can’t remember too many games alongside Fletcher and the second half was much better yesterday 

Has he been a poor value for money signing? Obviously. But given our current predicament means we probably won’t be able to bring in a replacement we go with what we’ve got. If he can get some confidence and fitness back then it might work.. we won’t score enough goals for top 6 with any other combinations so nothing to lose

I agree, but tend to think that none of our potential striking partners for Fletcher, warrant weakening our midfield. Hutchinson, Luongo and Bannan, would be a decent trio at this level, but leave any one of them out, and the midfield is much less effective. 

The solution has to come from the outside, we need to replace one of the wingers with a wide attacker. Someone who is comfortable playing wide, but adept at scoring goals from a more central position

Jordan did his bit yesterday by occupying one of their central defenders allowing Fletcher to be one on one with the other. But to say he changed the game is really stretching it. He never looked like scoring or made any key passes.

If anyone changed the game it was Reach, he bolstered the right hand side, made the gut busting run that caused the handball and was excellent defensively when Brentford were pushing hard at the end.

10 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if he was that bad how come such a turnaround from 1st half to 2nd ? swapping him for nuhiu? he certainly weren't a world beater when he came on but he helped change the game. if we could unload in jan nuhiu winnall Rhodes forestieri and bring in 2 replacements who are fit and have pace and decent striker attributes then lets do it , but decent strikers are either not available or cost crazy money. 

He isn't a decent striker and the money wasted on this has been would be better used to help develop new young players.

I was really pleased for Jordan, he came on and stretched the game. He got in behind the defence, created room for Fletch, and caused them problems.

Before I get negged to death for supporting one of our players, that’s what Monk said not me. 

57 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I was really pleased for Jordan, he came on and stretched the game. He got in behind the defence, created room for Fletch, and caused them problems.

Before I get negged to death for supporting one of our players, that’s what Monk said not me. 

Monks trying to flog him

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Go on lad, you let him have it.

Just saying it how it is.

this is a bloke that refused to take a penalty for us...... a striker getting paid to score goals for us. All because of his beloved old club.
I've no sympathy for anyone that doesn't want to play for us to win.

14 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You're looking for something that just isn't there. gurujuan  said it all... we always finish strong. He ran around, tried, like anyone would. But, this is one of the highest earners at the club, robbing a wage, for what he's been paid for.
SCORING GOALS !!!

He hardly has.... and honestly, why give blind loyal support to a player that thought more of the opposing team, than the one that paid him a wage.

you have no arguments from me regards Rhodes . but shows how bad nuhiu was 1st half,. 

Yes i have a long time believed Rhodes was done, but i was pleasantly surprised Saturday, has to start on wednesday if his fitness is good enough for 90. I think better to start Rhodes and take off after 60 minutes if his fitness needs rebuilding. Looked ideal for Fletch to link off. With more minutes lets see what happens. New start from me.

On 07/12/2019 at 18:53, WalthamOwl said:

Really pleased he came on today. Thought we looked a better team when he was on the pitch. Hope he starts in our next game. Well done today Jordan Rhodes. 

Made a real difference 2nd half.

Was lively and created space for Fletcher,

Hope he starts on Wednesday.

Derby are there for the taking this time round if we approach the game correctly.

7 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Just saying it how it is.

this is a bloke that refused to take a penalty for us...... a striker getting paid to score goals for us. All because of his beloved old club.
I've no sympathy for anyone that doesn't want to play for us to win.

I don't think Jordan Rhodes didn't want to take a pen in the play off because it against his old club Huddersfield.
He just did not want to take one.
He didn't take one for Huddersfield in they play off win at Wembley v Sheffield United in 2012.
But agree he cant complain about people being critical on him opting out of the penalty shoot out. Was a bizarre decision by him.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

They all have bad games, Bannan wasnt on forn first half either. Monk said he could have subbed 7 or 8 first half.

to be honest yes bannan does create a few chances for us but his dreadful corners ,and total inability to score from midfield is also a big hinderance along  with him been a small guy who cannot physically compete,sky drool all over him but they don't see him week in week out when quite often he goes missing. agree with 7-8 could have come off I said that at half time.

22 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Yes i have a long time believed Rhodes was done, but i was pleasantly surprised Saturday, has to start on wednesday if his fitness is good enough for 90. I think better to start Rhodes and take off after 60 minutes if his fitness needs rebuilding. Looked ideal for Fletch to link off. With more minutes lets see what happens. New start from me.

This. Nuhiu is always better coming off the bench too rather than starting so a no brainer.

18 hours ago, handworth52 said:

to be honest yes bannan does create a few chances for us but his dreadful corners ,and total inability to score from midfield is also a big hinderance along  with him been a small guy who cannot physically compete,sky drool all over him but they don't see him week in week out when quite often he goes missing. agree with 7-8 could have come off I said that at half time.

I think that’s a bit unfair. Agree with you, that he doesn’t regularly dominate games for us in the way he used to, but he still warrants a place in the side. His lack of physicality is exposed in a two, and he is a much more influential player when playing on the left of a three. Ironically, Rhodes is probably one of the players who could benefit from Bannan’s passing in and around the box, something he’s more able to do when playing in a three

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 20:26, LondonOwl313 said:

Why cant he ?? Why doesn't it work ?? Don't restrict him and play him properly just off a front man (at the moment fletcher) and there is no reason why it wont. Does he run off a target man - yes. Does he drop deep and dictate play - yes. Does he score goals - yes. Does he create - yes. Can he make late runs in the box - yes.

There is no reason Forestieri in a front 2 in a 442 cant work. It did in his first season.

As for Rhodes, his movement made a difference Saturday and he put the effort in. If he can contribute while he is here that's great. But quite frankly all our forwards can go for me (I would like to keep Forestieri if he can get back to what he was but he needs be given a chance to do so - if he doesn't produce he can go) Rhodes and Winnall in January !!! Fletcher is in the form of his career but with the wages he is on and his age he would have to be willing to take a massive pay cut to stay for another year.

Would love to see a new striker here in January or possibly 2... id love one of them to be Conor Wickham