Jordan Rhodes.

11 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

Agreed.

Weren't we fed up with Rhodes a season or two ago? 

Surely if there is any magic between he and Fletcher it would have shown up somewhere during training/practice? 

Right?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Rhodes is a confidence player, and also one whom doesn’t really create chances for himself. He relies on consistent service. We’ve chopped and changed managers, systems, strike partners. We’ve never really given any forward partnership a real run. 

He’s now potentially under a manager who’s made him tick again. He looks sharp. He’s next to a striker who’s in the form of his life as well so they’re taking the pressure off each other. We’re now getting good quality balls in the box from Bannan, Reach, Harris and Fox. 

The stars have aligned. 

• Like 1

Guest Grez Bez
11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I can relate to people not getting giddy.. but if you can't get a bit carried away after yesterday's performance then you deserve DA telling you to enjoy your football..:tango:

Exactly. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, amazing story!

5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Rhodes is a confidence player, and also one whom doesn’t really create chances for himself. He relies on consistent service. We’ve chopped and changed managers, systems, strike partners. We’ve never really given any forward partnership a real run. 

He’s now potentially under a manager who’s made him tick again. He looks sharp. He’s next to a striker who’s in the form of his life as well so they’re taking the pressure off each other. We’re now getting good quality balls in the box from Bannan, Reach, Harris and Fox. 

The stars have aligned. 

All we need is our points deduction to kick in and we can finally get back to being rubbish again. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

I think we are over complicating it.

Monk has a squad of players which he has looked at, tried different formations and appears to have decided that 442 suits us best at the moment. The squad won’t change much in Jan so he will probably stick with it.

If this is the case then fair enough.

I am just pleased we appear to have a way of playing that we are confident enough to play home and away.

Luongo showed yesterday he can do a job in a 2 man midfield and Winnall could well come good if called upon in a front two.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I think we are over complicating it.

Monk has a squad of players which he has looked at, tried different formations and appears to have decided that 442 suits us best at the moment. The squad won’t change much in Jan so he will probably stick with it.

If this is the case then fair enough.

I am just pleased we appear to have a way of playing that we are confident enough to play home and away.

Luongo showed yesterday he can do a job in a 2 man midfield and Winnall could well come good if called upon in a front two.

I hope we can do some business in Jan, even if it is just loans. A bit of pace and guile up front, and maybe a bit more energy in midfield

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope we can do some business in Jan, even if it is just loans. A bit of pace and guile up front, and maybe a bit more energy in midfield

Nixon reckons club still planning to bring a couple in , loans , but obviously situation is unpredictable 

5 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

The stars have aligned. 

That's as good an answer as I could ask for. 

Up Rhodes!

7 hours ago, pachyderm said:

Agreed.

Weren't we fed up with Rhodes a season or two ago? 

Surely if there is any magic between he and Fletcher it would have shown up somewhere during training/practice? 

Right?

Looked pretty magical yesterday.

This is best chance Rhodes has had to come good with us. 

He can’t play as a lone striker and needs to play with a partner, usually this means 442. 

In Monk we have a manager who knows how to play 442 .

In Fletcher he has partner playing as well as he can.

His movement in the box is exceptional, if we keep putting as many crosses into the box he will score goals.

The team is playing with a lot of confidence , playing well and getting forward.

This is key for a striker like Rhodes. It is no good having him messing around on the halfway line. Get it into the final third and see what happens.