Jordan Rhodes.

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Would love to see him get a run of games now too.

We're desperate for goals so it surely makes sense we start getting our ONLY proven 20+ goal a season striker some game time?

Surely he has to earn his place just like anyone else? And so far he has been consistently woeful. If he gets opportunities and does well with them, then fair enough. But some people just will not let go the glories of four years ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Surely he has to earn his place just like anyone else? And so far he has been consistently woeful. If he gets opportunities and does well with them, then fair enough. But some people just will not let go the glories of four years ago. 

Some mileage in that, but he’s all we’ve got. We can’t afford to buy anyone, so let’s try and get the best of what we’ve got. 

Its a longshot, based on what I’ve seen from Rhodes in the last 18 months, but it’s worth a shot. One thing for sure, Nuhui and Winnall aren’t good enough to get us in the top 6. It’s up to Rhodes and Fletcher. If Rhodes hits form, finally, we might just strike gold. He lacks match fitness, anyone can see that. I reckon he’s carrying a stone on weight as well. 

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well yes, and you know how I feel about the whole Rhodes thing, but if we are going to play 4-4-2, he’s probably worth another look at alongside Fletcher. Is he the answer? Probably not, but neither is Nuhiu, or Forestieri, in that position anyway, but if it’s the way Monk wants to play, maybe let him have a few games. Don’t think there’s any mileage in playing 4-4-2, we don’t really have the right pairing to play just a two centrally

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Some mileage in that, but he’s all we’ve got. We can’t afford to buy anyone, so let’s try and get the best of what we’ve got. 

Its a longshot, based on what I’ve seen from Rhodes in the last 18 months, but it’s worth a shot. One thing for sure, Nuhui and Winnall aren’t good enough to get us in the top 6. It’s up to Rhodes and Fletcher. If Rhodes hits form, finally, we might just strike gold. He lacks match fitness, anyone can see that. I reckon he’s carrying a stone on weight as well. 

Well, Nuhiu has played a significant role in us finishing in the top six twice before and we're currently on course for a third. 

I have no problem with Rhodes getting more playing time, as long as he merits it. Same for every other member of the squad. But he really hasn't come close to that for us since we bought him. And some moan about player X's scoring record whilst advocating someone with an even worse one because they are still harking back to the performer he used to be four years ago.

We could certainly use another goalscorer apart from Fletcher. It would benefit our prospects enormously if Rhodes could find his old confidence and become something like the player we thought we were getting in the first place.

57 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Off the pace, offside four times and nearly played THEM through twice.

He isn't looking sharp.

if he was that bad how come such a turnaround from 1st half to 2nd ? swapping him for nuhiu? he certainly weren't a world beater when he came on but he helped change the game. if we could unload in jan nuhiu winnall Rhodes forestieri and bring in 2 replacements who are fit and have pace and decent striker attributes then lets do it , but decent strikers are either not available or cost crazy money. 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

if he was that bad how come such a turnaround from 1st half to 2nd ? swapping him for nuhiu? he certainly weren't a world beater when he came on but he helped change the game. if we could unload in jan nuhiu winnall Rhodes forestieri and bring in 2 replacements who are fit and have pace and decent striker attributes then lets do it , but decent strikers are either not available or cost crazy money. 

To be fair, we’ve seen plenty of turgid first halves, before launching a second half comeback 

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

As soon as he gets a clean contact and rips the net out the floodgates will open.. like the last time Mrs C met me at the prison gates..

The resurrection has begun..

Early release at Easter, was it?

Edited by edmontonowl
  • Haha 1

Nuhui seems better coming on with half an hour to go. He unsettles tired defenders and holds the ball up well.

Rhodes, I dunno. He was decent at Hudds, maybe Blackburn a bit but it's been all downhill. We should never have signed him. Even his loan at Norwich wasn't prolific.

Get in the shop window, use him as a short-term alternative, let him go as soon as.

As for Winnall - also a big disappointment.

Fletcher's no spring chicken but he's doing a damn good job. He needs support though.

Gotta laugh at people who've said Rhodes is finished

Got 9 goals last season and was on the bench all season ,not bad for a guys whose finished 

Give him a run in team and winnall too

Don't care what anyone says 

Rhodes plays as many minutes as nuhiu gets and he'd outscore him 

13 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Got 9 goals last season and was on the bench all season ,not bad for a guys whose finished 

Bloodyhell, floodgates an all that.

26 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Not long ago, we had 8 capable forwards at the club if you include Matias. Rhodes had the worst scoring rate of all of them. He scored 3 in his first 20 games for us and just once in his last 20.

Edited by DJMortimer

4 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Nuhui seems better coming on with half an hour to go. He unsettles tired defenders and holds the ball up well.

Rhodes, I dunno. He was decent at Hudds, maybe Blackburn a bit but it's been all downhill. We should never have signed him. Even his loan at Norwich wasn't prolific.

Get in the shop window, use him as a short-term alternative, let him go as soon as.

As for Winnall - also a big disappointment.

Fletcher's no spring chicken but he's doing a damn good job. He needs support though.

This is the main issue for us at the moment, getting someone nearer to Fletcher. To my mind, we sacrifice too much in our attempts to remedy this, by switching to a 4-4-2. It’s a bit of a luxury these days, to operate with two out and out wingers. It’s not like they are causing havoc on both flanks either. Harris has been reasonably consistent, with his pace and directness, if not always his crossing. On the other flank, we’ve seen the odd fleeting moment from Reach, and occasionally from Murphy, but not enough to warrant playing two wingers If we insist on playing 4-4-2, I’d be tempted to play Bannan on the left, but narrow, in the way Carlos used him, with Hutchinson and Luongo in the middle, the latter breaking forward. 

40 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

“A bit”?!  

Think you you are way off with that, Blackburn fans I know loved Rhodes and 85 goals in 3 and a half seasons is not too shabby.

42 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Why was he on the bench and not in the first team? 20 goals in 3 seasons. Hes done. Anyone expecting anything else is deluded.

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

“A bit”?!  

Think you you are way off with that, Blackburn fans I know loved Rhodes and 85 goals in 3 and a half seasons is not too 

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

He scored one... in April.

It wasn't.

Just what i was thinking. Still waiting for lift off