Jordan Rhodes.

Some games Nuhiu will cahange it. Some games Rhodes will be the man. I was working today so missed it but to be honest in the times Rhodes has been here he's beein ineffectual, Nuhiu has blown hot and cold.

Rhodes has more potential but he needs to prove himself.

If Rhodes comes good we will be much better off.

Guest wilyfox

Christ, is this what It's come to with him? We're supposed to be in awe of his movement. I'm old school; I'll judge Rhodes on goals and assists. I'm no longer interested in Rhodes, Winnall, or Forestieri unless they start contributing on that front. Fact is, Fletcher is our only striker pulling his weight. Must be addressed in January if we want a top 6 finish. 

5 hours ago, A12owl said:

How good is it to read a Rhodes thread without any negative comments.

Well done everybody and well done Jordan. Agree with all the comments. He needs a few games and offers loads more than Nuhiu. 

He doesn’t offer more than Nuhiu in my opinion. He used to obviously, when he was at Huddersfield,but not anymore. 

Totally different types of player. Nuhiu is big and strong, holds it up well, good with his feet,is a lot better and a lot more intelligent than the vocal minority give him credit for and also pops up with the odd goal. Possibly the most underrated player we’ve ever had.

I really hope JR can rediscover his goalscoring prowess though. Strangely enough Rhodes and Nuhiu would work well together as a pairing. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

What’s with the slagging off of Nuhiu again? Yes, Jordan came in and did ok but he still wasn’t amazing. Two bizarre passes that could have cost us and offside loads. I like that he offered us something new and it’s no doubt he was better than Atdhe today but I just wish Nuhiu got more respect. He’s contributed more than both Winnall and Rhodes combined in the last few years!

Wouldnt say Rhodes was awful but he didnt really do anything either.

Got caught offside about 4 times.

Didnt do enough to start next game for me. 

Think at times peoples opinions are influenced by the result. If Rhodes played exactly the same way and we lost 1-0 I bet people would be more critical.

Edited by matthefish2002

Bloody hell, cheering because he can walk a bit faster. He was, bang average. That's it. in fact, well off the pace.
And people are saying, oh, he needs game time.

For xxxxx thousands per week he should be working his bloody backside off and be fully fit and game savey through begging to play in practice games.

What is it with him and people ?  He's crap !!  Proved he's crap... and he's paid to score goals. He hasn't !!!

As mattthefish said above,  the fact that we were so dire up until FLETCHER scored and the FLETCHER scored again..... is clouding peoples view.

All I hope in him getting a few minutes is that someone will be daft enough to buy him.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think at times peoples opinions are influenced by the result. If Rhodes played exactly the same way and we lost 1-0 I bet people would be more critical.

I agree with what you are saying here but the fact remains the game changed in the final 3rd with Rhodes playing , occupying defenders which created more room for Fletcher , I remember a time when Hooper first signed and he was getting slated for not scoring  but there was more to his game than that .

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

After we first signed him, he played in all of the next 20 games, starting 16 of them.

He scored 3 goals.

I luv it how you berate/ridicule/insult others for using scoring stats, yet casualty slip them in when it suits.

He was better and we were better with him on the pitch but eulogizing over his performance is pushing it a bit. 

There was a lot of running around without actually getting near the ball, although he did nearly play two defence splitting passes...for Brentford.

I wish he could get back to his previous levels but when you see praise like this for a run of the mill performance, you realize how far he’s fallen.

Sad really.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I luv it how you berate/ridicule/insult others for using scoring stats, yet casualty slip them in when it suits.

The numbers are interesting, but context is everything. The statistics are an indicator, but not by any means the final word. And many times when I use them it's to demonstrate the flaw in the arguments of others who don't appreciate that they are not some kind of immutable law, especially when it comes to scoring goals.

In the last couple of years I've used them extensively in arguments over whether Rhodes is better than Nuhiu for example, precisely because some people are so reliant on them (and remember that cliche about him 'guaranteeing goals'?) even though they do not favour what they are arguing. It highlights their inconsistency and sometimes even hypocrisy.

In the example you quoted, it was a clear answer that a run of games for Rhodes has been tried and produced miserable results for him personally.

Edited by DJMortimer

during the warm up Rhodes looked very sharp ,every shot went in ,if he could get the service in the box he would score for sure. in pre season he did score a few so its not impossible he could for us if he gets the minutes on the pitch. nuhiu was so bad 1st half he was a joke. contributed absolutely nothing didn't work looked like he couldn't be bothered and won nothing in the air. looked much better 2nd half when murphy and nuhiu were taken off in place of Rhodes and reach. 

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldnt say Rhodes was awful but he didnt really do anything either.

Got caught offside about 4 times.

Didnt do enough to start next game for me. 

The fact he was offside proved we finally had someone trying to run the channels and move the 3 centre half’s around. 

Nuhui and Fletcher were too static in the first half and were so easy to mark. Rhodes at least moved a bit to make the defence think

I admit he didn’t actually do that much and he did look rusty but for me I’d like to see him start a couple of games just to see what happens

Can we really risk 'giving a run' to a striker who doesn't score many goals, who has been here for 3 years, had plenty of runs and been largely ineffective and the biggest waste on money probably ever.

I think a bit of realism is needed, I do agree he looked better than normal yesterday and for me he needs to keep proving this off the bench (and score at least one) for there to be any justification to start him.

52 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

JR has clearly lacked confidence, has Monk restored that?

Also it will take time for him to regain full match fitness, build that up and we just might see the proven goal scoring machine of old

I think only goals and playing games and feeling like he’s earned his place back in the team is going to do that.

But good to see him playing again. As other posters have said. Nobody is going to buy him so we need to start getting something out of him.