Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

What’s crack with the accountants who have signed these allegedly illegal accounts (or whatever there claiming) off ??      They be up in dock aswell ?

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Only we could find a super rich owner and end up having him balls it up. 

With the resources available to him...with some proper direction, I'm pretty certain we would be in the Prem or certainly in a position to be getting back into it like say a West Brom. 

The Profit and Sustainability rules are a farce and the EFL isn't fit for purpose...but how on earth we've managed to get ourselves into such a mess beggars belief. 

All he had to do was sell the stadium to himself. Yet, he managed to not doing it quick enough. 

Christ sake. 

DC made a fatal mistake the day he bought the club by not keeping Paul Aldridge at the club ,and bot getting someone like a Howard Wilkinson on board to steer him in the right direction. 

Both experienced football men who wouldn't have let us end up in this mess .instead we ended up with Doyen and Paxo. 

What an absolute mess .

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Some of the supporters. Most of the fans I talk to quite like him

I don't mind him personally, I don't think he is a crook. Just don't think he is suitable and totally out of his depth running an English football club.

But have to say I really dislike the sycophancy towards him from some of our supporters even when things were going well.

• Like 1

It will be typical FA that we will be punished really heavily, the thought of them relegating us is no longer something unthinkable, sadly 

its likely, we will be the scapegoats of all footballs financial shenanigans IMO No doubt they will drag it out to make us suffer to the max.

Edited by Big Jack

9 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

... and then there is the slight problemette that we no longer own the ground either.

That has repercussions on any prospective buyer who will either have to include purchase of the ground as part of the deal or come to some rental agreement with the current owner.

But if the FL are questioning the legality of the stadium sale, when it was bought and how it is paid at 8m per year, it may turn out we never sold the ground in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

It will be typical FA that we will be punished really heavily, the thought of them relegating us is no longer something unthinkable, sadly 

its likely, we will be the scapegoats of all footballs financial shenanigans IMO No doubt they will drag it out to make us suffer to the max.

Nothing to do with the FA

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Only we could find a super rich owner and end up having him balls it up. 

With the resources available to him...with some proper direction, I'm pretty certain we would be in the Prem or certainly in a position to be getting back into it like say a West Brom. 

The Profit and Sustainability rules are a farce and the EFL isn't fit for purpose...but how on earth we've managed to get ourselves into such a mess beggars belief. 

All he had to do was sell the stadium to himself. Yet, he managed to not doing it quick enough. 

Christ sake. 

Didnt even have to do that. Could have just sold a couple of players, much easier.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

But if the FL are questioning the legality of the stadium sale, when it was bought and how it is paid at 8m per year, it may turn out we never sold the ground in the first place?

Fair point. And I suspect that the timing of the alleged sale is key in this inquiry.

However, if the ground has been sold, it means it can probably be sold (or rented?) as a separate entity.

The club may well be a money pit and worth little value without the ground. So, if anyone wants to get their money back, selling the ground might be one way of doing it.

This is all to do with that witch from Charlton. She should of been hounded out the second she stepped foot in the door. But the usual suspects on here was shouting sexist and saying give her a chance. Well you reap what you sow great job. 

• Haha 1

I know we’ve fcked up. In some respects I feel sorry for Chansiri, personally think he’s not been advised very well. I also think he set this ball rolling back in 2015/16 when he was quick to break up that transfer committee - that season we made some astute signings, didn’t break the bank.

I guess we can point to all sorts with our transfer dealings. He took a gamble and it didn’t pay off. 

What is frustrating though, and is fairly typical of our luck, the years of being in the doldrums, in a financial mess, the old boys clubs, high court steps etc etc...we finally get an owner with the money and the heart to spend it. But we right totally screw it up.

But not only that, after years of playing by the book and staying out of admin, trying to compete against teams with parachute payments and teams doing their own bit of accounting sh*thousery. We do the same and low and behold it’s at the time the EFL begin to care about it and so we’re end up being made an example of. 

I get we’ve screwed up, and we only have ourselves to blame. But the EFL and their P&S rules, the parachute payments etc absolutely stinks. EFL can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, torres said:

He has managed to spend an absolute fortune on the club but alienate the supporters  - that in itself takes some doing 

I think that's more to do with our mental supporters rather than Chansiri.

8 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Fair point. And I suspect that the timing of the alleged sale is key in this inquiry.

However, if the ground has been sold, it means it can probably be sold (or rented?) as a separate entity.

The club may well be a money pit and worth little value without the ground. So, if anyone wants to get their money back, selling the ground might be one way of doing it.

According to the accounts without the sale of Hillsborough Chansiri was owed £77m in shareholder loans. However, the sale of Hillsborough to one of his companies effectively nets it off at £17m - that's a neat way of getting something back without selling the club.  

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

I know we’ve fcked up. In some respects I feel sorry for Chansiri, personally think he’s not been advised very well. I also think he set this ball rolling back in 2015/16 when he was quick to break up that transfer committee - that season we made some astute signings, didn’t break the bank.

I guess we can point to all sorts with our transfer dealings. He took a gamble and it didn’t pay off. 

What is frustrating though, and is fairly typical of our luck, the years of being in the doldrums, in a financial mess, the old boys clubs, high court steps etc etc...we finally get an owner with the money and the heart to spend it. But we right totally screw it up.

But not only that, after years of playing by the book and staying out of admin, trying to compete against teams with parachute payments and teams doing their own bit of accounting sh*thousery. We do the same and low and behold it’s at the time the EFL begin to care about it and so we’re end up being made an example of. 

I get we’ve screwed up, and we only have ourselves to blame. But the EFL and their P&S rules, the parachute payments etc absolutely stinks. EFL can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned. 

Yeah it's all the fault of the EFL. The fans and the EFL.

1 minute ago, sam1 said:

This is all to do with that witch from Charlton. She should of been hounded out the second she stepped foot in the door. But the usual suspects on here was shouting sexist and saying give her a chance. Well you reap what you sow great job. 

She joined in January 2018. All the FFP damage had already been done by then.

Whether she’s implicated in this stadium sale we’ll have to see