Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

5 minutes ago, Jonboy27 said:

Genuine question pal...... why do you think more than 9 point penalty? Is what we have done worse than what Birmingham did? I genuinely don’t know enough on either us or them to confidently have an idea of what our penalty could be.

I do feel we will be made an example of tho.... no one likes us....

9 point penalty for breaching FFP which we would naturally have had if we hadn't sold the ground when we said we did and simply took our medicine. Maybe another 12 points for the misconduct. 

But he's not been found guilty yet so fingers crossed. 

We'd be better off if Chansiri had just put the ground sale in the following year's accounts.

Yes we'd have lost £35m+ that year which would have fkd us for FFP but we're still going to make another huge loss in next year's accounts anyway, we've offloaded some big earners but still nowhere near enough to avoid another big loss so we'd have been better off taking the points deduction for this season which would likely have been 9 points the same as Birmingham who lost a similar amount in one year, and the legal ground sale loophole would then have kept us in profit for the next year as it did for Derby. Instead we're now looking at a bigger deduction either this season or for the start of next which may end up relegating us, plus a fine and possibly an even greater punishment for falsifying accounts, and it gives the EFL an even bigger grudge against us for the future.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

despite his best intentions, if you fiddle the accounts it'll catch up on you, and looks like it has done.

Seems the land registry records are where it tripped them up.

I don't see why. Not all land is registered. Gov would like it to be, but isn't the case. So, squabbling over date seems a moot point to me.

6 minutes ago, Jonboy27 said:

So how did they get signed off by an account then? Baffles me all this rounduns 

spot on mate....

Surely they would have been working to EFL rules as well as normal regulations , as that is the power that runs the institution we happen to be part of.

True..its baffling

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't see why. Not all land is registered. Gov would like it to be, but isn't the case. So, squabbling over date seems a moot point to me.

when its linked into your accounts and FFP it is a bit more than a matter to be overlooked

I’ve said in other threads that Monk and his team selections aren’t a problem, it’s Chansiri and our future under his ownership. Even if we survive with whatever points deduction handed out I can’t see Chansiri improving the club anytime soon. Last Christmas he said he would sell if someone else could do a better job, well I think the threat of league expulsion, or a points deduction and charges against staff members suggests he’s not doing a cracking job anymore

Has/is he been accused of breaking the law or just the rules of FFP?

If it's just breaking the rules would SWFC have a case for challenging it in the courts that its against their interests to making a profit and progressing the club as in Wednesdays case FFP is hindering the club not helping it to progress. 

If you see what I mean.  No idea what I'm saying but it's similar to imposing a wage limit on the club, someone help me. 

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:
We'd be better off if Chansiri had just put the ground sale in the following year's accounts.

Yes we'd have lost £35m+ that year which would have fkd us for FFP but we're still going to make another huge loss in next year's accounts anyway, we've offloaded some big earners but still nowhere near enough to avoid another big loss so we'd have been better off taking the points deduction for this season which would likely have been 9 points the same as Birmingham who lost a similar amount in one year, and the legal ground sale loophole would then have kept us in profit for the next year as it did for Derby. Instead we're now looking at a bigger deduction either this season or for the start of next which may end up relegating us, plus a fine and possibly an even greater punishment for falsifying accounts, and it gives the EFL an even bigger grudge against us for the future.

We have to issue our 2018/19 accounts forecast by Christmas. It's likely we'll be forecasting £20-25m annual losses, so we'll breach the 3-year rules in the Summer when the accounts are formally announced/filed.

This means we're likely to go into soft embargo in the New Year, and certainly full in the Summer. I suppose our mitigation will be that we're off-loading £millions from the wage bill from 30th June, which might help us for the timings and point deduction sanctions. Obviously this is separate to the potential penalties for the current charges.

For me it's clear DC's hoping for promotion this season - if not, we're going to get points deduction for next season. With a new; cheaper squad will mean DC's will still have to fund a debt making club into the 2021/22 season to simply have any chance of getting his return on investment through promotion.

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’ve said in other threads that Monk and his team selections aren’t a problem, it’s Chansiri and our future under his ownership. Even if we survive with whatever points deduction handed out I can’t see Chansiri improving the club anytime soon. Last Christmas he said he would sell if someone else could do a better job, well I think the threat of league expulsion, or a points deduction and charges against staff members suggests he’s not doing a cracking job anymore

He’s said a lot of things and not gone through with any of them. DC is stubborn and selling up to him would mean failure and I can’t see him being able to accept that. 

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Has/is he been accused of breaking the law or just the rules of FFP?

If it's just breaking the rules would SWFC have a case for challenging it in the courts that its against their interests to making a profit and progressing the club as in Wednesdays case FFP is hindering the club not helping it to progress. 

If you see what I mean.  No idea what I'm saying but it's similar to imposing a wage limit on the club, someone help me. 

financial misconduct is a bit more serious than going over the FFP budget. It's verging on fraudulently putting in falsified accounts. 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

We have to issue our 2018/19 accounts forecast by Christmas. It's likely we'll be forecasting £20-25m annual losses, so we'll breach the 3-year rules in the Summer when the accounts are formally announced/filed.

This means we're likely to go into soft embargo in the New Year, and certainly full in the Summer. I suppose our mitigation will be that we're off-loading £millions from the wage bill from 30th June, which might help us for the timings and point deduction sanctions. Obviously this is separate to the potential penalties for the current charges.

For me it's clear DC's hoping for promotion this season - if not, we're going to get points deduction for next season. With a new; cheaper squad will mean DC's will still have to fund a debt making club into the 2021/22 season to simply have any chance of getting his return on investment through promotion.

This is just plain wrong. Put together the yearly figures chum and add it up.  We are allowed to lose 39m in any 3 year period. If 17/18 becomes 18/19 we make a profit in that year.