Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

21 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

There's two ways this may unfold for me and I'd be hoping for the latter. 

Either the EFL throw the book at us and absolutely Hammer us. 

Or the more favorable outcome would be a complete ban for Dc on running the club until he's sold it, but allowed to bring in a board of directors to run the club in his stead (hopefully he'd get some experienced football people in) without too many repercussions or the detriment to sustainability. To be overseen by an efl appointed overseer to prevent any further rule breaking until he sells up. Not ideal, but would hopefully mean we can be run like a business, selling assets and re investming profit etc.. 

Would prefer to be overseen by an Elf...

• Haha 1

Guest Kameron
8 hours ago, Hitcat said:

He fudged the accounts. Do the EFL come down hard, or will it be a points deduction and a slap on the wrists? Could go either way.

Problem is it’s fraud if true and the EFL will be the least of his worries. 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wasn’t this Redgate chap brought in because he was an FFP expert? Good job we didn’t bring in someone who didn’t know anything about FFP. 

FFP expert he couldn't even run a toy shop.....

post-1084-1231351997_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, flo said:

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

15 points. We better start winning a few more games then. Going to need to go on a better run than 2 wins in 8. If indeed we are guilty a 3.2 million fine would be fully deserved for DC

Edited by WalthamOwl

40 minutes ago, flo said:

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

As it stands, and with what it could be, I'd take that if it wipes the slate clean. Write off this season and properly clear the decks and start again. 

My concern is that it just deals with 1 season and we're still stuck with the 3 year cycle and at the limit still. Did anyone actually get to the bottom of where Birminghams punishment left em? It never seemed to be explained fully. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

As it stands, and with what it could be, I'd take that if it wipes the slate clean. Write off this season and properly clear the decks and start again. 

My concern is that it just deals with 1 season and we're still stuck with the 3 year cycle and at the limit still. Did anyone actually get to the bottom of where Birminghams punishment left em? It never seemed to be explained fully. 

think I agree, I would take that punishment. However if guilty I hope DC leaves this club ASAP. Just the small matter of finding someone to take over from him. Can see him massively overvaluing the club if his player valuations are anything to go by. 

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

And this is why you would never get involved in football. The club is on the brink of absolute carnage, and fans want us to spunk a few £m on a new player. 

I think I was taking the p#ss as so many on here are asking us to spend in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Spot on 

8 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

This, it can't possibly be as simple as the fine and points. Has to be more to it.

21 minutes ago, flo said:

It's only the possible punishment, I don't know any more, so not that confidential. 

Why would we be discussing the punishment with the auditors? We are challenging the EFL over whether we have breached the rules at all. The punishment will only be discussed and decided (internally by the EFL) once we have found innocent / proven guilty surely?

It never ceased to amaze me that for a club that was very nearly wound up about a decade ago, Wednesday fans were quite willing to unconditionally support a man who had to sell one of the most historic stadiums in football, and create a non-trading taxi firm and sports drink just to fund a day-trip to London a few years ago. I would have thought the fanbase would be a bit more scrupulous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It never ceased to amaze me that for a club that was very nearly wound up about a decade ago, Wednesday fans were quite willing to unconditionally support a man who had to sell one of the most historic stadiums in football, and create a non-trading taxi firm and sports drink just to fund a day-trip to London a few years ago. I would have thought the fanbase would be a bit more scrupulous.

... From a region where big business has routinely screwed everyone. Beggered belief.