Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

Really not surprised this has happened , from day one it was bleeding obvious the guy didn’t know what he’s doing . Even the most deluded of fans must have seen this coming. 

having said that , we will be here long after chansiri and long after the bafoons at elf have finished with us . No point in worrying and getting into a frenzy 

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What I still don't get is that in December 2018 at the fans forum he was talking about huge potential P&S issues that needed a solution yet the accounts suggest that solution had already been found and was done and dusted. Why such a drama?

I've been very wary of Chansiri since his initial price hikes but surely even his biggest fan can look at the accounts and deduce he has fizzed up royally - regardless of his intent and regardless of the lack of a level playing field. 

I think at that point he hadn't found a solution.

Chansiri had no conviction in the idea behind the ground sale. He waited for Reading/Derby to make the first move and then followed suit. Unfortunately as a result the land registry dates and the tax submission dates didn't match. I believe this is the main issue. Even though everyone knows the ground is sold to escape FFP sanctions if the dates match there's nothing really the EFL can do (it's a loophole within the system). Given Chansiri's lack of conviction they now have grounds (pun intended) to sanction us

• Like 2

There'll be loads of articles written, talking about what could happen. I don't know how much is in this, or what the author knows, but I'm just going to try to not get into a tizz wizz and wait until something is officially announced.

What a mess though. Hopefully if things turn out okay, and nothing too extreme happens, Chansiri will learn from past mistakes and eventually the EFL will look at all these rules and have a complete overhaul of everything.

Edited by Creamy Goodness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Well the article says that 

Chansiri Miere and Redgate are being charged 

who knows what that actually means regarding the club

we have supposedly been working with the EFL to avoid further sanctions and selling grounds have a set precedent with other clubs doing the same so we will have to wait and see what the actual charges are 

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

2 minutes ago, flo said:

The charges for the club are a 15 point deduction and a 3.2 million fine which is going to tribunal. We are blaming auditors for it. Source is one of those auditors. 

So the auditors currently locked in a legal battle are leaking confidential information to the general public? I'm skeptical to say the least...

6 minutes ago, flo said:

Oh so we can sell iorfa for 15 million pay the fine buy some players with the money left rebuild and take the points deduction.

There's two ways this may unfold for me and I'd be hoping for the latter. 

Either the EFL throw the book at us and absolutely Hammer us. 

Or the more favorable outcome would be a complete ban for Dc on running the club until he's sold it, but allowed to bring in a board of directors to run the club in his stead (hopefully he'd get some experienced football people in) without too many repercussions or the detriment to sustainability. To be overseen by an efl appointed overseer to prevent any further rule breaking until he sells up. Not ideal, but would hopefully mean we can be run like a business, selling assets and re investming profit etc.. 

25 minutes ago, Minton said:

So the auditors currently locked in a legal battle are leaking confidential information to the general public? I'm skeptical to say the least...

It's only the possible punishment, I don't know any more, so not that confidential. 

29 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Could still do with a new striker in January though.

And this is why you would never get involved in football. The club is on the brink of absolute carnage, and fans want us to spunk a few £m on a new player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1