EFL Statement

It's not all bad news. I've found a potential investment opportunity for Chansiri. 

It's Siri-chan. image.png.563166e2245cfcf7a35d6ee01968de3e.png

Siri-chan is described thusly, "an unoffical LINE bot which defend from trolls and which play with Japanese language."  (quoted verbatim) http://sirichan.xyz/about/

Chansiri could team up with Owlstalk to provide an expanded service that automatically blacklists people who start Jordan Rhodes threads and also moves political threads to more relevant areas; all the while opening up a potentially lucrative Japanese market for Sheffield Wednesday.

Furthermore, the existing stadium sponsorship would only require a slight structural tweak.

image.png.c653194fe68a4eb0567a7ebaa2af7c2b.png

I know none of that really makes any sense. I haven't thought this through... LOOK AT LEAST I'M TRYING.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I know none of that really makes any sense. I haven't thought this through... LOOK AT LEAST I'M TRYING.

Let me see....

"none of that makes sense" - Check

"I haven't thought this through" - Check

Your idea has successfully passed DC's criteria for implementation. Please watch this space. lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 4

Just now, Morepork said:

Let me see....

"none of that makes sense" - Check

"I haven't thought this through" - Check

You're idea has passed the DC's criteria for implementation. Watch this space. lol

Brilliant! I don't know why I got caught up in the details tbh. It's not like it has to function, or even exist to be a feasible DC business venture.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It wasn’t a horrible dream then :-(

Funny you should say that. I actually dreamt about this last night. In my dream our media team responded to the charge by tweeting a picture of a dog that had a bum for a face. We were all panicking that it would make the situation worse. Then someone crashed a Ford capri into a Nissan juke and I went to deal with that. The capri was lovely. 

Was gutted to find our charge wasn't a dream. 

9 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I've been saying for 2 years...but not with any dark prophesy...how can you sustain a club without buying and selling players and at least trying to be clever in the market.

Also with the added bonus of refreshing the squad.

Sure we've sold at the most two players

Bruce couldn't wait to cut the squad down.  He could see that we had a frankenstein squad.

You cant, simple as. 

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

When did the Thai Union Group appear on sponsorship material?

pixel.gifpixel.gifImage result for chansiri takes over wednesday

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

He stared that his purchase was funded from his own wealth and that investment would not funded by TUG

Exactly. Which is what makes the above picture a bit weird. And is also why I think this statement:

8 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

His family business is with 4 billion pounds and is the leading business and is the largest in its market. This and my own experience of working in Asia Pacific where family and honour is still paramount 

Doesn't matter in the slightest. Because, well, you said it yourself... He said that his purchase was funded from his own wealth and that investment would not funded by TUG.

So, I'll repeat: Let's not judge him for his family and his family's business. Let's judge him for him and his businesses and their successes. You start. Tell me about Dejphon Chansiri's previous business endeavours so we can see whether they are successes or failures. 

Edited by StudentOwl

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you met in a sombre environment paying respects to a mutual friend. I'm glad he came across as a decent person in that respect. I would hope in a similar environment Chansiri might act in a similar fashion.

You raised a comparison of the two and as this thread is about how football clubs are run I have made comments on both of their records that's all.

If you heard his comments regarding agents, it might change your opinion on the paths he has taken.  And although it's no secret, I reckon there's more bad news coming our way. 

Chansiri has taken too many risks, paying scant regard for income in the first two years of his reign. Financially blinded by his dream to get us to the prem. 

Just now, billyblack said:

You cant, simple as. 

And that's DC's major flaw.

No long term financial plan.

No squad management or regeneration.

No real interest in the clubs commercial performance and revenue.

Instead, we've fiddled about with crackpot schemes and bizarre imaginary companies.

Ghost taxis, invisible drinks, buying our own ground from ourselves, plaques on seats, rip off tickets for us and opposition clubs, and overpriced shirts etc. Chucking money we don't have on old players, players who never played, and players we don't need. The list is endless.

It was inevitable a flawed business model would eventually blow up in my view. Surprised it's taken this long.

Massive wake up call. We need someone bringing into the club to run the finances competently before it's too late.

This is serious. Carry on as we are, the end result will be a Coventry or a Portsmouth. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let's not jump the gun and overreact (yet). The EFL have charged us with breaching the rule over spending. We disagree. We had our own legal team who completed the books and they thought that we would be fine. 

It will go to a tribunal where our lawyers will present a case and it will be decided which of the two legal views is correct. Until that is done, nothing has happened and it is business as usual. 

So before anyone truly shits the bed in panic, take a deep breath and wait for the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And that's DC's major flaw.

No long term financial plan.

No squad management or regeneration.

No real interest in the clubs commercial performance and revenue.

Instead, we've fiddled about with crackpot schemes and bizarre imaginary companies.

Ghost taxis, invisible drinks, buying our own ground from ourselves, plaques on seats, rip off tickets for us and opposition clubs, and overpriced shirts etc. Chucking money we don't have on old players, players who never played, and players we don't need. The list is endless.

It was inevitable a flawed business model would eventually blow up in my view. Surprised it's taken this long.

Massive wake up call. We need someone bringing into the club to run the finances competently before it's too late.

This is serious. Carry on as we are, the end result will be a Coventry or a Portsmouth. 

As I said before is your mate Geoff free to help?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If you heard his comments regarding agents, it might change your opinion on the paths he has taken.  And although it's no secret, I reckon there's more bad news coming our way. 

Chansiri has taken too many risks, paying scant regard for income in the first two years of his reign. Financially blinded by his dream to get us to the prem. 

This.

He has to change his approach.

Hopefully this shocks him into action.

• Thanks 1