EFL Statement

Regarding the sale "Wednesday will have to simply provide evidence that the transaction was undertaken at arm's length, at market prices, with a report by a surveyor and also evidence that the transaction had gone through - in the form perhaps of stamp duty being paid at the initial date of the transaction."

9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People will defend the club over this and make out the EFL has some sort of agenda against us. 

Sorry but we broke the rules and now we will pay for it. Thats what happens when you refuse to sell a player, overspend, waste money and try to bend the rules. 

Deep down I knew it was coming. Hopefully its a swift punishment that won't destroy our season. 

Well done Wednesday.

They'll fine us about 3 grand knowing the EFL, wouldnt worry 1 bit. 

The 9-12 point deduction is inevitable. This season is now officially over

What about next season? How long would an embargo potentially last?

I'm going to be honest here, the thing that I cling on to the most is the thought of us reaching the promised land, we could be two divisions from it at the end of this season or next. I'm pretty tired of all this but my thoughts are with those fans who go week in, week out, devastated for you guys, I really am. 

Maybe someone has a better understanding about it than me. But according to the Guardian & BBC we would have posted a £35.4m loss in 2017/18. The sale generated £38m in that year, bringing us to a profit of £2.5m.

The previous losses were £20.8m & £9.8m.

Where’s all the money been going?

Why such a huge incremental increase?

I had thought the ground sale was an excellent way to alleviate EFL regulations, but now I’m thinking - what about 2018/19?

We can only sell the ground once. How’re we going to cope with subsequent years.

This looks very bad from where I’m standing. So bad that the only way out appears to be promotion pdq.