EFL Statement

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So it his football record you are referring to then? Or just the fact that he seemed like a nice guy in the few moments you met him for, at a funeral?

Steady on there big man. Family funeral, friend of the family for 60 years. According to my old man he’s not changed since they met. Nice guy, not especially. Straight taking I’d say. Football was a big topic on the table. 

I’ll make sure your invited to the next one if your that interested. Hopefully it won’t be in the near future.

16 minutes ago, MAL said:

See, you are just making things up again.

Made loads of mistakes in my life, let alone career.

None as bad as reading your posts though :biggrin:.

When Chansiri sells the club for £5 million, i will guarantee he will not have just made a "mistake" in his career.

Did your mate say whether he will win his appeal or not?

Just out of interest, how old are you ?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Steady on there big man. Family funeral, friend of the family for 60 years. According to my old man he’s not changed since they met. Nice guy, not especially. Straight taking I’d say. Football was a big topic on the table. 

I’ll make sure your invited to the next one if your that interested. Hopefully it won’t be in the near future.

So he admitted he had made mistakes that led to his team taking 12 years to get back to the top level despite having a financial advantage and spending 6 years in the 3rd division with the biggest budget?

He also oversaw years of dwindling attendances before appointing their current manager, turning fans away from their club.

Wonder how you would feel about Chansiri with that kind of record.......

23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

His family business whose name appeared on sponsorship material when he took over, then was never seen again while Chansiri hurriedly reiterated that Wednesday was his purchase and project and had nothing to do with his family or his family's business? 

So let's not judge him for his family and his family's business, let's judge both he and his business for its merits.

You start. What's are his business endeavours and what are their records like?

When did the Thai Union Group appear on sponsorship material?

He stared that his purchase was funded from his own wealth and that investment would not funded by TUG

I’m genuinely struggling to understand your point. Are you suggesting that funds invested by DC are from some otherwise unknown failing business or are somehow fraudulent? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So he admitted he had made mistakes that led to his team taking 12 years to get back to the top level despite having a financial advantage and spending 6 years in the 3rd division with the biggest budget?

He also oversaw years of dwindling attendances before appointing their current manager, turning fans away from their club.

Wonder how you would feel about Chansiri with that kind of record.......

Sadly, I don’t really feel much about Chansiri. 

The conversations had humour. Like most people, I suspect he didn’t want to turn another mans day into something about him.

You now seem more interested in his comments than I was. There must be a way in this day and age to do a Q&A

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

When did the Thai Union Group appear on sponsorship material?

He stared that his purchase was funded from his own wealth and that investment would not funded by TUG

I’m genuinely struggling to understand your point. Are you suggesting that funds invested by DC are from some otherwise unknown failing business or are somehow fraudulent? 

TUF was all over the place when Chansiri was unveiled 

How could you not see that ?

Edited by hugeowl

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

See back to when he was negotiating with MM and my very consistent posts since. Very simple i wouldnt have gambled, i got grief left right and centre for saying i didnt want us to take risks, people slating me saying do i not want us to go up and the likes, tbh i want my club here and alive in 50 years and longer so my kids and their kids have to suffer the same poo i do.  I would rather watch our club in the 4th division or non league than not have a club at all.

not a popular opinion to some on here but if my sole goal was to watch prem football i wouldnt have supported a poo team like us, i support wednesday because its my local team, it wouldnt have mattered what division we were in and it doesnt now. would it be nice to see us winning things and in the prem? ofc it would. do i want any ownere who isnt going to be here in a few years risk our club to do that? do i flippers like

I just want our club and in a perfect world football to live within its means, because the reason football is fizzed is because everyone is taking silly punts at success. and the stupid owners at several clubs up and down the leagues are doing it because fans are not standing upto it because they want to see the ten minutes of fame.

Sorry i might also add i chipped in at several posts over the past 4 years regarding imo the not so limited options for increasign revenue. what we have done is totally turn away all corporate revenue, ignored the basics of steadily building revenue streams across all club departents and thrown caution to overspending. BTW we still havent rectified the opurtunity to increase revenue, so how do we move forward???

we have lost corporate relationships at the expense of trying to weasle our way around the rules  many of which were years and decade long relationships   they are not easily mended. especially when most of those who were spending dont get a return on investment

Top Post 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Remember though Chansiri assured us FFP would not be an issue  - some testicles about "friends" as I recall. The reality is we seem to be constantly teetering on the edge of the P&S chasm. 

They’re  all out tonight 

Edited by casbahowl

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Does the ownership of the company matter if DC chooses to use his income taken in salary, shares or dividends from his family’s business  interests to invest in SWFC.

You said he was unbelievably successful. Is it him or his dad who's the clever one?

Just now, casbahowl said:

There all out tonight 

In the last couple of years we've been under transfer embargo twice, had to indulge in a shabby workaround to try and compensate for a huge single year loss and are now being formally charged by the league for financial irregularities.

Concerns about the administration of the club are hardly nothing more than figments of poster's imaginations are they?

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Sadly, I don’t really feel much about Chansiri. 

The conversations had humour. Like most people, I suspect he didn’t want to turn another mans day into something about him.

You now seem more interested in his comments than I was. There must be a way in this day and age to do a Q&A

So you met in a sombre environment paying respects to a mutual friend. I'm glad he came across as a decent person in that respect. I would hope in a similar environment Chansiri might act in a similar fashion.

You raised a comparison of the two and as this thread is about how football clubs are run I have made comments on both of their records that's all.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

In the last couple of years we've been under transfer embargo twice, had to indulge in a shabby workaround to try and compensate for a huge single year loss and are now being formally charged by the league for financial irregularities.

Concerns about the administration of the club are hardly nothing more than figments of poster's imaginations are they?

Like I said .... Howling at the moon!

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

We’re dodgy but we’ve had a few years of competing.

Welcome to football 2019 and not being really and totallywank!