EFL Statement

18 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So if its all tickety boo and above board, why would the EFL think there is a case to answer?

Because put 2 accountants in one room it is worse than trying to get 2 Wednesday fans in a similar room to agree the next starting XI

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

No wonder club is in a mess so many are quick to turn against club and chansiri when they are still fighting the charges.

Does anyone honestly believe a big firm of auditors would sign off on those accounts if they had not had sight of evedence that there was a binding contract in place for the sale? 

eFL are under pressure to do something about these sales, they can't touch villa as they have been promoted and having looked at derby and Wednesday  with intention to find a scapegoat to shut up likes of Gibson and be seen to be doing something following the bury FC case, are going after Wednesday as they think have a stronger chance / argument against us.

The statement made by EFL reads as if they were investigating looking for a reason to charge us and not just verifying the submissions.

Chances are firms of lawyer's or auditors have been paid to investigate this soley to put an argument together to make the charges.

But instead of being angry at EFL for trying hang us out to dry as a deterrent to others we turn on DC? 

If we have falsified anything to get this through audit I woul agree with EFL to throw the book at us but if it's just we had found a clever way to accelerate the sale and get an agreement signed before the accounting period then we should fight it to the bitter end

Unfortunately many auditors have missed failings in accounts of other companies

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's all swings and roundabouts init.

Vincent Tan didnt have a clue on footy and he managed to get lucky and promoted to the Prem, twice.

We nearly did ourselves but didn't have enough to push us over the line.

Yes, Chansiri has run the club poorly at times but it does seem (this excepting perhaps) he has figured things out recently. Tight ship on transfers and hired two good managers who are perfect for the league and us.

Unfortunately for us, despite all his poor decisions, the most costly thing is the defeats to Hull and Huddersfield in May 2016 and May 2017 respectively. 

Got a point there. Bungling approach to Huddersfield in particular.

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Going back some years with this one, I can't remember why they got demoted 2 divisions.

Financial irregularity's they got promoted to the premier league via the playoffs (beat Sunderland) but the football league demoted them to division 2 (league 1) they appealed and where reinstated in division 1 (championship)... I think that's how it happened. 

What makes this even more joyous is those ctuns sitting pretty in the prem, seemingly having done so in the old fashioned way !!!

Seriously, I could f**kin scream !!!!

I’m proud to be an Owl and am not overly bothered if others dislike us due to a rivalry.  But I ain’t too keen going forward on being a supporter of “them silly tvvats who tried to be billy big balls and fooked up !”.  Proven or not, this taints our club and leaves a very sour taste.

How will this affect the players moving forward is a biggie for me.

It will almost certainly have a negative impact and as someone said earlier its GM who you have to feel for, he must have had an inkling though as we all did when he took over.

Even if we take a points hit were still good enough to stay up unless its a 21 pointer, then were in the brown stuff

16 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

What makes this even more joyous is those ctuns sitting pretty in the prem, seemingly having done so in the old fashioned way !!!

I’m proud to be an Owl and am not overly bothered if others dislike us due to a rivalry.  But I ain’t too keen going forward on being a supporter of “them silly tvvats who tried to be billy big balls and fooked up !”.  Proven or not, this taints our club and leaves a very sour taste.

Get ready then.

Absolute scenes when we're in League One 1 next season, and that lot at S2 are playing in Europe.

:ghoulguy:

21 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

A comment like that can only be written by a Blade.

You lot don't half make it obvious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

His family business is with 4 billion pounds and is the leading business and is the largest in its market. This and my own experience of working in Asia Pacific where family and honour is still paramount 

Do you mean the business that the chansiri family owns around a 20% share holding, of which the chairman has less than 2%. 

His father and brother have a combined wealth of around 600 million according to forbes, putting them in the top 50 rich list in there country. Our chairman does not feature on the list. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

People need to be careful what they write on here. Some of what I am reading could be libelous and we all know how that can end.

Really , all i have seen is straight forward honest opinions. If some people don't like the truth , tough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

Do you mean the business that the chansiri family owns around a 20% share holding, of which the chairman has less than 2%. 

His father and brother have a combined wealth of around 600 million according to forbes, putting them in the top 50 rich list in there country. Our chairman does not feature on the list. 

And yet we owe him £77m for the money he has put in. (Less the £60m he owes us for the ground over 8 years. ) So he’s still got more than most!

A lot of conjecture here - no one really knows what will ultimately happen, however a points deduction must be a possibility.

..if we have broken the rules, fair enough however It’s the rules them-self that just aren’t fit for purpose which is the big issue here.

Classic Wednesday, caught out for finally showing some ambition 

lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

A lot of conjecture here - no one really knows what will ultimately happen, however a points deduction must be a possibility.

..if we have broken the rules, fair enough however It’s the rules them-self that just aren’t fit for purpose which is the big issue here.

Classic Wednesday, caught out for finally showing some ambition 

lol

In this instance, "ambition" is synonymous with "remortaging the house to pay for your day trip to London and subsequent attempts to repeat the experience but winning a prize at the end of it". 

23 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well we aren't the only club to have taken advantage of this loophole. It's allowed within the rules... they can't then punish us for complying with said rules. They can change the rules going forward but not retrospectively.

As for the point about 'lying'... have we really though. If it's in the accounts, that means it's been signed off by the auditor which should mean that there is proof of the sale falling within the accounting period otherwise they wouldn't have been able to sign it off. And if that's the case, then we should win.

If we've fabricated documentation and provided this to the auditors then Chansiri has much bigger problems than the EFL as that would be fraud. No evidence of that though yet.

We aren’t being punished for the sale of the ground. We are being punished for lying when we sold it. The rest of the teams aren’t lying about when it was sold. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1