EFL Statement

5 minutes ago, trev said:

Yeah but we have no chance of providing any of that evidence.

Due to the fact the deal was shady at best and the valuation was pure pie in the sky. 

So when we can't provide the evidence....where does that leave us? League one?

DC Surveying will provide the valuation, no probs.

• Haha 3

A descent manager and in sight of the play offs or better, a transfer window coming up with a chance for monk to do some shrewd business, so a time for optimism, until of course another kick in the teeth, seems never ending this bad luck or is it down to poor management from DC, i suspect the latter, I admire his love for the club but we're in a right old pickle. 

16 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People will defend the club over this and make out the EFL has some sort of agenda against us. 

Sorry but we broke the rules and now we will pay for it. Thats what happens when you refuse to sell a player, overspend, waste money and try to bend the rules. 

Deep down I knew it was coming. Hopefully its a swift punishment that won't destroy our season. 

Well done Wednesday.

Well said. Deep down I think we all knew this wouldnt go away. We even asked on here how saying you were going to buy the ground after the season had finished and not even coughing up the cash was going to magically wipe out debt from an earlier season. We are going to kop for it, but I thought the EFL had decided to dock us points already by giving us referees and linesmen that seem determined to give every single foul they can possibly imagine against us while letting the opposition do whatever they like. Maybe DC is part of the league's conspiracy against us?

lol

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I don't think there are people revelling in this...but it is odd how some familiar faces pop up to tell us how right they were all along and to back slap themselves. 

those people are as bad for the club as the people that stick up for the club no matter what and shoot people down if they say anything at all detrimental about the club. 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

It isn't as simple as that though... the accounts have been signed off by an auditor, we've liaised with the EFL throughout the process and they signed the accounts off too. If this all went to a proper court then I think we'd win easily, but the EFL love a kangaroo court so who knows

Doesn’t really mean anything though. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we’ve lied about when the stadium was sold. Without the sale we would have received the 9 point deduction that Birmingham did last year. We’ve tried to find a way round it and been caught out. Expect a bigger punishment than Birmingham.

7 minutes ago, trev said:

Yeah but we have no chance of providing any of that evidence.

Due to the fact the deal was shady at best and the valuation was pure pie in the sky. 

So when we can't provide the evidence....where does that leave us? League one?

Why, have you got inside information. 

Just now, billyblack said:

I think fabrication of the truth may be the issue

Give it a f00king rest for one minute will you.

The quote above suggested that the valuation of the stadium is one of the issues.

Accordingly, it is a valid question re: Derby and Reading. 

As things stand, we have no proof that the club has lied or fabricated evidence. That is not to say they haven't, but we might want to hear the full facts before casting such serious accusations. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Give it a f00king rest for one minute will you.

The quote above suggested that the valuation of the stadium is one of the issues.

Accordingly, it is a valid question re: Derby and Reading. 

As things stand, we have no proof that the club has lied or fabricated evidence. That is not to say they haven't, but we might want to hear the full facts before casting such serious accusations. 

Why should i give it a rest. The sale was a last ditch panic action to try and avoid any penalties. It was shoddy and pathetic and done at risk. Hence where we are now.

Its like buying a house 

If you put your house on the market fro £250k but someone really likes it and bids £500k there is no law broken. They would not get a mortgage but if they had cash then there is nothing wrong

However if you sell it for £10k then it is fraud avoiding tax etc. But this is not what we have done

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Doesn’t really mean anything though. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we’ve lied about when the stadium was sold. Without the sale we would have received the 9 point deduction that Birmingham did last year. We’ve tried to find a way round it and been caught out. Expect a bigger punishment than Birmingham.

Isn’t the other issue that we’ve not actually received the proceeds of the sale?

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't think there are people revelling in this...but it is odd how some familiar faces pop up to tell us how right they were all along and to back slap themselves. 

Maybe they're Russian bots. Maybe United supporters in disguise. But mostly they are the massed band of Chansiri critics, sad, bitter, lonely know-nothings who've been waiting by their keyboards to damn the chairman. 

I didn't realise we had so many people who know the inner workings at S6.

This is not me trying to say the club haven't done anything wrong. More suggesting we see what comes out in the wash before jumping to conclusions.