Football has become boring

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm 4-4-2, well I suppose the defence is sorted, but what about the midfield two? Plus, and this is the big question, who partners Fletcher? Nuhiu seems to be Monk’s choice, but I’m not sure we have any decent candidate Most offer something, but not enough to noticeably improve our goal output

I’d have Luongo and Bannan in the middle. Fletch and Nuhiu up top. Atdhe hasn’t disgraced himself at all this season.  

Winnall and Rhodes have proven they can score at this level. Perhaps we need to give one of them at least a few games in the side? 1 start or a substitute appearance here and there isn’t enough time for either to find some consistency or rhythm.

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2019 at 13:01, FreshOwl said:

Too many managers petrified of losing 

Players over-coached and over complicated. 90% of games are spent passing between the back 4 

Take yesterday for example. Blackburn, 2 Pts in 18 FFS, but Monk floods the midfield and tries to Nick one in the last 20. How awful is that 

The authenticity has well and truly evaporated 

Monk signing his own p45 if he continues with the same style.... i know weve got some results under him and in a lofty position, but i dont think anyone thought we were serious promotion contenders. That season under carlos, there was a real buzz about us and a belief

Hate to admit it, but admire l***s attitude to games (and to some extent, pigs too). Go out to win ffs... i cant imagine it does players confidence much good, when we got out against teams like black bum, ull, etc with the intention of stopping them scoring and try and pinch it.

Have some belief... we have the players..... go out with the belief and committed intention we are better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/11/2019 at 13:01, FreshOwl said:

Too many managers petrified of losing 

Players over-coached and over complicated. 90% of games are spent passing between the back 4 

Take yesterday for example. Blackburn, 2 Pts in 18 FFS, but Monk floods the midfield and tries to Nick one in the last 20. How awful is that 

The authenticity has well and truly evaporated 

Football became boring to me years ago when possession became more important than scoring goals.

I hate to say it, but Dem Blades are like a blast of fresh air with their attacking style, along with Leicester.

35 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Monk signing his own p45 if he continues with the same style.... i know weve got some results under him and in a lofty position, but i dont think anyone thought we were serious promotion contenders. That season under carlos, there was a real buzz about us and a belief

Hate to admit it, but admire l***s attitude to games (and to some extent, pigs too). Go out to win ffs... i cant imagine it does players confidence much good, when we got out against teams like black bum, ull, etc with the intention of stopping them scoring and try and pinch it.

Have some belief... we have the players..... go out with the belief and committed intention we are better

But not up front, we have 4 forwards, all capable of doing well on paper, but crap on grass and lacking the pace to frighten any defence in the championship.

Lets give Monk at least 2 transfer windows before we hit the traditional 'Hillsboro' panic button.

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Football became boring to me years ago when possession became more important than scoring goals.

I hate to say it, but Dem Blades are like a blast of fresh air with their attacking style, along with Leicester.

Yes I have to admit, the blades play some pretty entertaining stuff. Although, them, Liverpool, Man City and Leicester, all have a different way of playing, it’s all about looking to get forward. Although they all look to get it forward as quick as possible, none of them boot it up to a big target man

The game is becoming more sterile and VAR will only accelerate this. 

Grounds are losing atmosphere and unless a regular people are getting out of going.  I had my season ticket going spare for Leeds game as was on holiday and no one seemed too bothered about using it.  

The First half of the Everton v Tottenham game yesterday was truly awful and there are only a handful of Premier League games I would go out of my way to watch. 

Let's go all out attack Wednesday! 

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

we are defensively minded and leeds go all out for the win and yet we have scored the same amount of goals …..the leeds I saw last week didn't look like a side hell bent on playing with  attacking intent …..there a solid side with a mean defence with the mean defence being there first priority from what ive seen of them 

28 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Tell you something Wednesday first seasons under Carlos was the first season for donkeys that the fans stopped talking to their neighbours and watched the football.   

But he was a clown and personally injured all the players.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Before he went on a run of goals earlier this season, my memory of Fletch in a Wednesday shirt is needing 3 or 4 chances before he scores. In our current system we can’t really afford that. 

A striker has to be top of our priority list. But in the mean time, I think we should switch to a 4-4-2. It might give us more opportunities in front of goal. 

100% Agree.

For me we have got to get Forestieri involved from the start. Not only can he offer a goal threat he is also creative. And he needs a chance to see if he can become the player of a few years ago and earn a new contract. If he doesn't do it fine release him but if he does give him one. Would just be the Wednesday way to not use him regularly then release him saying hes not done enough then he'll sign for Fulham and become the best player in the league again.

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Tell you something Wednesday first seasons under Carlos was the first season for donkeys that the fans stopped talking to their neighbours and watched the football.   

We played some beautiful football that season. Oh what should have been. 

On 03/11/2019 at 09:02, torres said:

Last week I don’t remember many of these threads!!!

We lose and football is now rubbish 

Grow up!!

Throw in a mention of Stuart Gray and you’ve got bedwetter bingo.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rogers said:

Loads of crap boring matches tonight..

Dortmund 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2; Chelsea 4-1 down and drew 4-4 with 2 sent off for Ajax. Valencia scoring 3 in the last 10 minutes to beat Lille 4-1.

Borrrrrrring!!!!!

14 hours ago, Rogers said:

Loads of crap boring matches tonight..

Dortmund 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2; Chelsea 4-1 down and drew 4-4 with 2 sent off for Ajax. Valencia scoring 3 in the last 10 minutes to beat Lille 4-1.

Frustrating when some matches used to be on free to air tv. I refuse to subscribe to Sky or BT to watch more channels of shyte & adverts. Used to enjoy the odd game on ITV. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Frustrating when some matches used to be on free to air tv. I refuse to subscribe to Sky or BT to watch more channels of shyte & adverts. Used to enjoy the odd game on ITV. 

Absolutely HATE these TV's that insist on showing the matches in colour as well.

Bring back black and white televisions. The good old days.

• Haha 1

I’m struggling to understand what it is that people expect of Monk.

No pre-season.

No opportunity to bring his own players in.

Hes built a solid base in a short space of time, has us 4 points off the top of the league.

No champagne football? I don’t see any team doing that right now.

• Thanks 1