Football has become boring

1 hour ago, torres said:

Last week I don’t remember many of these threads!!!

We lose and football is now rubbish 

Grow up!!

Theres been lots of people saying the football is poor and boring this season, even after we've won. The Stoke and Wigan games were dreadful but some people countered the criticisms with 'I'm not bothered how we play as long as we win' which I fully understand but I dont particularly want to see us play with 1 upfront at home and defend the whole game as we did against Fulham. I think we have enough good players to cause teams problems but Monk doesnt seem to have the same view. Although we had a terrible start to the season with Bruce pi$$ing off, based on what I've seen so far this is a poor division and is there for the taking for anyone who can string a few wins together and gain some momentum.

Turned to Mixed Martial Arts afew years ago now, brilliant to see how mainstream its become. 

What other sport would you see The Rock and Donald Trump sat front row? 

If you watch UFC, while not knowing anyone or looking at the ranking system...you might not understand the buzz, but if you proper give it a chance - its the most exciting sport in the world.

Value for money also, I watched Canelo vs. Kovalev and was bored. No corrupt record building fights on the undercard like boxing. The best fight the best.

23 minutes ago, Nut said:

Theres been lots of people saying the football is poor and boring this season, even after we've won. The Stoke and Wigan games were dreadful but some people countered the criticisms with 'I'm not bothered how we play as long as we win' which I fully understand but I dont particularly want to see us play with 1 upfront at home and defend the whole game as we did against Fulham. I think we have enough good players to cause teams problems but Monk doesnt seem to have the same view. Although we had a terrible start to the season with Bruce pi$$ing off, based on what I've seen so far this is a poor division and is there for the taking for anyone who can string a few wins together and gain some momentum.

The OP has messed her pants and said all football has gone boring 

Which is absolute nonsense 

Getting bored of Wednesday players lightly touching an opposition player who then proceeds to fall over while the ref can’t wait to blow for a foul.

Opposition players know how to get near our box and fall over conning the ref EVERY time

Bored of it now because it’s the same every week

Championship is dire but we still haven’t sussed out the craft to get out of it

I rarely watch mod, england matches are more often than not a bore fest. Hate the diving fake injury / cheating tw@ts.

Beats me why football is in such a healthy state financially.

If it weren't for Wednesday I would have turned to cricket / dancing / chess yonks ago

Some teams still play exciting football - Liverpool in particular whose coach has developed a positive and attacking approach, and a never say die attitude, which more than not works. 

Clearly you need the players and money, but it's more than this; it's a mind set and it looks to me, certainly at Liverpool, that the players thrive on this.

Cut the shackles of fear and allow the midfield and full backs to stop constantly thinking passing back to the center halfs is the default pass and football will improve.

Regarding the overreactions to a poor defeat or however one wants to describe them: 

I just think there is a level of distrust between some supporters and this team. 

There's a sense that, at some point, it will go wrong and they'll let themselves down and come up short. 

It has happened on a number of occasions. Even when we were one of the best teams in the division, there was always the sense that we would stack it when it really mattered/had a chance to kick on. 

Hopefully, yesterday's defeat was a mere blip and we will kick on with a positive result/performance against Swansea. 

• Thanks 2

I loved the Leeds game.

The second half was fantastic

One dramatic loss and its ALL football is crap

Can't wait till the next home game 

Although the prem is boring with only 2 teams with a chance of winning it.  The Championship is fantastic with how close it is.  Even if a handful of teams are shthouses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

lots of things make wander about the integrity of the game - and lets not even start talking about VAR

Preston just gone 1-0 up at Charlton and now top the league 

With their 7th penalty of the season!!!  7, Yes 7 pens in 15 matches !

How does one team get so many decisions their way ?!

Referees???

Simple - diving!

3 hours ago, David Somni Jennings said:

I've been saying this for a couple of seasons now - I keep hearing managers state that it's a results business - It is not, it's an entertainment business. 

If football fans aren't entertained, if going to the matches or watching them on Sky isn't entertaining, then people will stop turning up or stop subscribing to Sky Sports. At that point, none of these managers or players are getting paid, and there is no business.

It's not though, that's the thing. It's money based business - which seems a stupid thing to say as all are - but the stakes are that high (the PL) that Chairman are almost going broke trying to get there. At all costs - and that includes the entertainment value. If points can be secured without entertaining, then you ask any Chairman in the EFL and they will tell you they are happy. Even happier, if an entertaining game, but that is just icing on a cake to them and comes well after the result. It stopped being entertainment about a decade ago, maybe longer.

• Like 1

Much prefer watching non league football meself - have a few pints while watching the game aswell - don't see the point in getting in the premier league to try and avoid relegation - only Man Citeh or Liverpool going to win it, rest are just making up the numbers, oh and don't even get me started on England !!.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Michael Crawford said:

Much prefer watching non league football meself - have a few pints while watching the game aswell - don't see the point in getting in the premier league to try and avoid relegation - only Man Citeh or Liverpool going to win it, rest are just making up the numbers, oh and don't even get me started on England !!.

yep the pigs are hating it 

• Like 1

You may have a point here.  Just look at any old footage, it was a lot more entertaining and teams went out with the intention of winning, the same 11 players week in week out.  

Managers didn't alter teams and play differently depending on who they were playing.

Its not the same any more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MAL said:

I do not watch any other football matches that do not involve us.

I am at the stage that i absolutely hate the game, and all it stands for.

Really?

Liverpool, City, Spurs and Leicester play scintillating football.

Some interesting views expressed here, and whilst I get the frustration with the game as a whole (diving and VAR being particularly frustrating) I still feel a connection with the Owls.  I’m reasonably happy with what Monk is doing with a squad he’s been unable to shape so far.

What would help significantly for me is to see one or two younger players coming through the academy or identified from lower leagues early on in their careers.  I’m sure the players are out there but our track record in identifying / developing young talent has been shocking for a long time now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Really?

Yes they do and it makes me sad to think we'll probably never be like that (not in my lifetime anyway).

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Really?

No pal, they still come under the second sentence.

To put it in a nutshell, it is not football.

Amongst other things, i really don't want to watch a "supposed" set of grown men, roll around on the floor because someone has touched them.

I have more fun at the dentist.