Football has become boring

4 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I’m struggling to understand what it is that people expect of Monk.

No pre-season.

No opportunity to bring his own players in.

Hes built a solid base in a short space of time, has us 4 points off the top of the league.

No champagne football? I don’t see any team doing that right now.

While I’m happy with how things are progressing, his win percentage is worse than Bullen However, he has t had an opportunity to bring in his own players, so we need to cut him some slack

On 04/11/2019 at 19:54, adelphi1867 said:

Football became boring to me years ago when possession became more important than scoring goals.

I hate to say it, but Dem Blades are like a blast of fresh air with their attacking style, along with Leicester.

Exactly. 

I dislike United as much as anyone but they got their rewards by not being afraid and attacking teams at this level. Piggy Wilder never seemed happy with a draw.

1 minute ago, markg said:

Exactly. 

I dislike United as much as anyone but they got their rewards by not being afraid and attacking teams at this level. Piggy Wilder never seemed happy with a draw.

I hate the pigs but watching them go out and attack teams should be a template for how other managers approach games too. They are doing it in the top league and my wishes for them to get found out don't seem to be coming to fruition anytime soon. Leicester seem to be on a roll again and the win at Southampton was a merciless display of how to put a game to bed without sticking to defending a lead.

I would love to see us play an expansive attacking style but we never seem to have the players no matter how much we spend.  

10 minutes ago, markg said:

Exactly. 

True for most of last year but not this season re. Utd.

They learned to calm down from season before when they missed out and have carried the back third of last season through to this season and my lad’s a grunter, seen all their games, they play now much more defence first and on the break.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

True for most of last year but not this season re. Utd.

They learned to calm down from season before when they missed out and have carried the back third of last season through to this season and my lad’s a grunter, seen all their games, they play now much more defence first and on the break.

Was this the episode that made them stop Jeremy Kyle?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, markg said:

Exactly. 

It has taken them 3-4 years to get where they are of steady recruitment of players to do a specific job and then moved them on.

We, the fans, need to show some patience and let Monk build a squad that is good enough, sadly this squad is lacking in the key dept of  striker.

On 03/11/2019 at 22:54, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It’s not bent. Presumably you also think Neil  Armstrong never left Cape Kennedy and that Hitler, Elvis and Shergar share a flat down 

Ecclesall Road

You are wasted on a football forum.

With condescending posts like that you could quite easily become a lib dem candidate.

:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

You are wasted on a football forum.

With condescending posts like that you could quite easily become a lib dem candidate.

:rolleyes:

Hardly condescending. If someone truly believes all football is bent and specifically that the EFL and all referees are targeting Wednesday as part of some Machiavellian conspiracy then it’s reasonable to assume that that person would also believe in other, equally plausible conspiracy theories?