Football has become boring

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Last week I don’t remember many of these threads!!!

We lose and football is now rubbish 

Grow up!!

But you must have seen similar, throughout the last 5 year or so.

This has been the same every year.

Win = Oreyt

Draw = I would have taken that before the game, or we've thrown away a lead again late on.

Lose = Meltdown because we haven't done enough, or thrown it away again.

Meltdown = Others saying; Grow Up - Idiots - Know Nowts - You can't judge at this stage of season - We are only ? points off Auto or Play Offs - There must be a lot more sayings and insults...

Well, the Meltdowners have been correct every year.

• Thanks 1

You have to remember this is a squad of players which Monk has inherited. At the core of the squad is a bunch of players who, regardless of talent, have failed for the last 3/4 seasons.

Monk hasn’t had a single transfer window yet in which to try and build a team of players who can play the style of play that he wants.

This squad was assembled to play the style and formation that the snake wanted to play. Monk clearly wants to play a different style of football and should be forwarded the opportunity to bring in his own players before he is judged.

1 minute ago, MAL said:

But you must have seen similar, throughout the last 5 year or so.

This has been the same every year.

Win = Oreyt

Draw = I would have taken that before the game, or we've thrown away a lead again late on.

Lose = Meltdown because we haven't done enough, or thrown it away again.

Meltdown = Others saying; Grow Up - Idiots - Know Nowts - You can't judge at this stage of season - We are only ? points off Auto or Play Offs - There must be a lot more sayings and insults...

Well, the Meltdowners have been correct every year.

you’ve lost me I’m afraid 

38 minutes ago, MAL said:

I do not watch any other football matches that do not involve us.

I am at the stage that i absolutely hate the game, and all it stands for.

Me too. I used to watch every scrap of football there was on tv but now I dont bother. I don't even watch our highlights most weeks whether we've won or not. I go to the match now to meet the lads and have a laugh more than I do for the football. I'm sure I'll always have a season ticket but apart from Carlos' first season I havent enjoyed going for a long time. 

Just now, torres said:

you’ve lost me I’m afraid 

Bluntly...

For the last 5 years or so, people have been replying to setbacks like this with "things are not right".

Then the reaction from others is...

Last week we didn't have these threads, you can choose from below.

Grow Up - Idiots - Know Nowts - You can't judge at this stage of season - We are only ? points off Auto or Play Offs - There must be a lot more sayings and insults...

Again, for the last 5 years the meltdowners have it spot on, no matter what you choose to call them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Too many managers petrified of losing 

Players over-coached and over complicated. 90% of games are spent passing between the back 4 

Take yesterday for example. Blackburn, 2 Pts in 18 FFS, but Monk floods the midfield and tries to Nick one in the last 20. How awful is that 

The authenticity has well and truly evaporated 

Ive agreed with u but remember danny wilson leaving carbone on bench in late 90's before falling out with him too at southampton or similar, saying plan was to bring him on for last 20mins and nick it at end, so its not new.

On plus side jp must be done here now after that, must go with ff if luongo not fit at least imo

Edited by Ash77

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

Bluntly...

For the last 5 years or so, people have been replying to setbacks like this with "things are not right".

Then the reaction from others is...

Last week we didn't have these threads, you can choose from below.

Grow Up - Idiots - Know Nowts - You can't judge at this stage of season - We are only ? points off Auto or Play Offs - There must be a lot more sayings and insults...

Again, for the last 5 years the meltdowners have it spot on, no matter what you choose to call them.

It’s the same people that say we will win the league after a win 

My point is they only pop up with this after a defeat. 

The same points would have been valid last week would they not?? Yet nothing like this appears. 

It’s like a childish strop 

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s the same people that say we will win the league after a win 

My point is they only pop up with this after a defeat. 

The same points would have been valid last week would they not?? Yet nothing like this appears. 

It’s like a childish strop 

Yesterday had been coming all season when you look at how many tight games we’ve been involved in. Never get the people who pop up after a win and say we’ll win the league or criticise people for pointing out obvious weaknesses or errors by players.

if we don’t address the problems we won’t go up over the course or the season and days like yesterday could occur more frequently. We have to score more goals and put teams to bed more comfortably when we’re in the ascendency 

20 minutes ago, Nut said:

Me too. I used to watch every scrap of football there was on tv but now I dont bother. I don't even watch our highlights most weeks whether we've won or not. I go to the match now to meet the lads and have a laugh more than I do for the football. I'm sure I'll always have a season ticket but apart from Carlos' first season I havent enjoyed going for a long time. 

This is about where I am it cost me a small fortune yesterday and I don't begrudge a penny of it because I spent a really enjoyable day in the company of friends and family. However the worst part of the day was the time in the stadium and that should be the highlight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yesterday had been coming all season when you look at how many tight games we’ve been involved in. Never get the people who pop up after a win and say we’ll win the league or criticise people for pointing out obvious weaknesses or errors by players.

if we don’t address the problems we won’t go up over the course or the season and days like yesterday could occur more frequently. We have to score more goals and put teams to bed more comfortably when we’re in the ascendency 

So true Blackburn were awful in the first half yesterday absolutely there for the taking and we in all honesty didn't look capable. 

1 hour ago, Growl67 said:

I’ve thought this for a while now it’s losing its soul and the higher up the leagues you go the worse it seems to be, although I guess our noisy neighbours would disagree right now.

Unfortunately, Wilder has now exposed the Emporers new clothes / sideways football in the Premier League. 

Wilders actually a Dinosaur, in many respects, but people forget Dinosaurs were very dangerous. 

Sad times, but I still think Monk is wise enough to see the problem. 

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We are a top heavy squad that’s been assembled by 3 managers and now taken on by a forth (with 3 caretaker spells between)

The season started off in turmoil behind the scenes 

The new manager has had a solid start in his 10 games here. Did people think we were going to walk the league??

The best of it all most of the moans come from individuals that don’t go anywhere near the games!

I thought it was just me getting older and grumpier.

Just had a conversation with my son saying that top teams have stayed pretty much the same (but not very good) and crap teams have got a bit better but not good.

the league is very compressed and if Preston are top then any of top 12 could be top.

Dull as feck to watch at any ground right now. Bored with it myself. 

1 hour ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

lots of things make wander about the integrity of the game - and lets not even start talking about VAR

Preston just gone 1-0 up at Charlton and now top the league 

With their 7th penalty of the season!!!  7, Yes 7 pens in 15 matches !

How does one team get so many decisions their way ?!

Referees???

Sounds like a Conspiracy Theory doesn't it?

They say it evens itself out. We're giving away all those fouls and yellow cards. Preston are getting all the penalties.

Some team somewhere are winning all their throw ins...

1 hour ago, MAL said:

I do not watch any other football matches that do not involve us.

I am at the stage that i absolutely hate the game, and all it stands for.

I'm not quite that far gone but I can understand where you are coming from. Too much money, too much football on the TV, too much media attention. It's no longer the sport of the working man who is effectively priced out of the game.

That is the reality, you either accept it or find something else to occupy your time.

• Like 2

Becoming less and less interested in the professional game, much rather watch and be involved in grassroots. Way more fun. 

Seems to be more about how much and how much your aloud to spend, rather than building a team. 

Edited by Maddogbob

My frustration is that it doesn't work very often. If you look at the teams that have achieved automatic promotion they are mostly teams that score goals. Teams that can go one down and you are still confident that they can score two instead of trying to nick games 1-0.

If we go behind I never feel confident about our chances because of the way we play. 

1 hour ago, gillyno9 said:

Op in bang on. I’m just not exited about going to games anymore. I’m a season ticket holder and didn’t bother going to Luton, qpr, stoke or Leeds game for different reasons. 

football is now about time wasting and rolling about on the floor trying to get opponents booked/sent off. 

Seriously considering not renewing for next season. 

I much prefer watching/managing my grass roots team at the minute. 

My sentiments exactly.Started to go and watch the other team in blue and white stripes 'Hallam FC ' :tango:

I do agree, first season under CC was bloody great because we had a real swashbuckling swagger about us. 

THAT SAID, other than starting FF (which definitely needs to start happening) could we really achieve an entertaining attack with what was available squad/player-wise? I'm happy to hear all the tweaks Monk could be making (all for FF), but I can't help but think the buck stops at recruitment. As far as I can tell the most exciting thing we could do is have Harris bomb down the wing and cross to Fletcher... And that's what we're trying.