Prolific striker needed if we are serious about going up

15 hours ago, spiderman said:

I think we need a striker who is going to put away 20+ goals for us this season if we are going to make a proper push at going up or making the play off.Look at Norwich last season they had Pukki who shot them to the premier league, is there anyone out there who you think we could seriously go and get and do a proper jog for us, seeing as now we are putting the balls into the right place.

So do a lot of the other teams aiming to finish top 6/top 2.

That's why the league is so tight IMO.

January will be very interesting - for a lot of clubs, us included.

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I still want Wickham back.

Imagine a front 4 of

Wickham

Harris.  Forestieri New 

No evidence really to suggest that Wickham would be any better signing than Rhodes was really. Just signing him for what he has done in the past.

23 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Left winger and striker needed IMO. Murphy needs sending back to Newcastle. Hopefully we can get two other loans in January.

How do we need a LW?

Harris has been outstanding. Forestieri is trying to get ahead of him. It’s Reach’s best position.

We have the forwards at the club I personally don't think we need anymore we have fessi, fletcher, Winnall, Rhodes, Nuihu the mix of the 5 should get enough goals up front.

The big problem area is the reason we have not got promoted or top 6 for the last few years not enough goals from midfield. Reach had a reasonable season last year playing further forward but this seasons return so far has been poor, Harris has 2 goals and 2 assists so far which is ok but could be better, Bannan, Hutch, Lee, Pelupessy, Murphy just 2 goals between them in over 50 appearances is not good enough for players of their quality.

Look at the teams that have gone up in the last few season Villa Hurrahane, Fulham Cairney, Norwich Vrancic, Wolves Cavalerio etc

We lack goals from midfield hopefully Luongo playing more regularly will mean more goals from midfield. 

If we were looking for a striker I would be looking at Ivan Toney at Peterboro former Newcastle player who  like a lot of kids at Premier league clubs spent a lot of time on loan but has scored goals where ever he has been.

He got 23 goals in 55 appearance last season and has scored 11 goals and 2 assists in 16 games this season, he looks like he could develop into a great player in the next few years and if we could get him at a good price he could score the goals to get us into the top 6.

I love some of the comments in this thread.

'Our attacking players are currently on course to get X number of goals - which is a good return'

'Yes but they won't keep up their current goal scoring form and stats'

What's the lottery numbers for this weekend?

18 hours ago, spiderman said:

is there anyone out there who you think we could seriously go and get and do a proper jog for us,

Weve had quite a few strikers over the years who have struggled to do any jogging for us...... or any form of light running to be fair.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If we were looking for a striker I would be looking at Ivan Toney at Peterboro former Newcastle player who  like a lot of kids at Premier league clubs spent a lot of time on loan but has scored goals where ever he has been.

He got 23 goals in 55 appearance last season and has scored 11 goals and 2 assists in 16 games this season, he looks like he could develop into a great player in the next few years and if we could get him at a good price he could score the goals to get us into the top 6.

Peterborough and get at a good price are not things that often go together.

the issue is not the striker. It is the fact we get little goals from midfield with Bannan and Hutch. But i think Monk has already seen this and the midfield has been linking up with Fletch a lot better with Luongo behind him. Luongo was missed in the 2nd half on Tuesday. Give them more time playing this system and i think we will see more goals from everyone. Also, Villa and united didn't need a pukki style player and went up. More than 1 way to get promoted from this league. 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 means 7 points, we keep doing that we'll go up. Bring it on.

1 hour ago, Mr Hooper said:

I love some of the comments in this thread.

'Our attacking players are currently on course to get X number of goals - which is a good return'

'Yes but they won't keep up their current goal scoring form and stats'

What's the lottery numbers for this weekend?

Again, using that logic, Mitrovic is on course to score 40 odd league goals Do you think he will? History suggests Fletcher, Harris and Reach won’t score 45 league goals. Of course all those things COULD happen, but it’s unlikely they will. It’s just applying some common sense