Prolific striker needed if we are serious about going up

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

No more over 30s at the moment please. I'd recruit someone a few years younger to learn from and succeed Fletcher, like Florian Kamberi at Hibs. He's arrogant, but has all the attributes to develop into the role. 

Was thinking on loan, doubt we have any cash for purchases 

Guest wilyfox
33 minutes ago, modboy said:

Was thinking on loan, doubt we have any cash for purchases 

Kodjia is in final year of contract. It would probably need to be a buy. He's also had injuries the last couple of years and isn't at his best. We'd be hoping he'd recapture form of 2-3yrs ago. Sound familiar? We've been down that road several times. I'd hope DC wouldn't wanna get burnt again. 

It looks to me trying to offload Winnall and Rhodes in January may be key to any business we may do? Neither player works well as a Lone Striker. We don't look as though we're going to play two up front unless we do what we did at Boro and play Fletcher and Nuhiu so the opportunities for either is going to be few and far between? Getting in a pacy mobile striker must be the preferred option but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we went with what we've got for the season?

Guest wilyfox
29 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It looks to me trying to offload Winnall and Rhodes in January may be key to any business we may do? Neither player works well as a Lone Striker. We don't look as though we're going to play two up front unless we do what we did at Boro and play Fletcher and Nuhiu so the opportunities for either is going to be few and far between? Getting in a pacy mobile striker must be the preferred option but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we went with what we've got for the season?

I'd like to think if we're still in contention going into January, DC would try and do something. 

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Matej Vydra not getting much time at Burnley, only 27 still and proven in this league. Loan move would be possible maybe, they were happy to let Nahki Wells go.

Good player. Can't play lone striker. Wouldn't fit. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes got the 20 plus goals in him at this level,you make him fit,not like were short on options is it LOL ?

Vydra is no more suited to the lone striker role than FF. Neither Rhodes or Winnall can lead the line either. If we can't make any of them 'fit' the formation, why should it work for Vydra? 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

What like sell and get someone a bit more savvy in,mind any new owner would only inherit the mess hes made so be like wise hampered

Like trade another player or two as we did with Joao. Then strengthen up top. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Vydra is no more suited to the lone striker role than FF. Neither Rhodes or Winnall can lead the line either. If we can't make any of them 'fit' the formation, why should it work for Vydra? 

Dont see the sense in playing four defenders,not with squad we have,Odubajos a wing back anyhow,we need goals,weve no goal threat in our current MF,we need two uptop and a goalscorer,Bruce was trying to add two further players before he left ?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Dont see the sense in playing four defenders,not with squad we have,Odubajos a wing back anyhow,we need goals,weve no goal threat in our current MF,we need two uptop and a goalscorer,Bruce was trying to add two further players before he left ?

Luongo won our last two home games for us. That's a start. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Luongo won our last two home games for us. That's a start. 

He does score goals,thats a plus,but the rest apart from Keiran Lee dont,well not in enough quantity to make up for the missing striker,FF does score and at a high rate and he creates assists,in a MF 5 with a proven striker,Wednesday could be serious contenders,not sure Monk likes 352,we all know SB does and I reckon thats how he was looking to set us up,which reflects his signings

5 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

He does score goals,thats a plus,but the rest apart from Keiran Lee dont,well not in enough quantity to make up for the missing striker,FF does score and at a high rate and he creates assists,in a MF 5 with a proven striker,Wednesday could be serious contenders,not sure Monk likes 352,we all know SB does and I reckon thats how he was looking to set us up,which reflects his signings

He signed a winger in Harris. Not sure where he fits in to a 3-5-2

14 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

if we do,don't think it will be good enough bud