Prolific striker needed if we are serious about going up

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

the issue is not the striker. It is the fact we get little goals from midfield with Bannan and Hutch. But i think Monk has already seen this and the midfield has been linking up with Fletch a lot better with Luongo behind him. Luongo was missed in the 2nd half on Tuesday. Give them more time playing this system and i think we will see more goals from everyone. Also, Villa and united didn't need a pukki style player and went up. More than 1 way to get promoted from this league. 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 means 7 points, we keep doing that we'll go up. Bring it on.

Exactly it's a team that is there to get results not score three goals a match and concede four for our entertainment and so far they are doing that.

19 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

the issue is not the striker. It is the fact we get little goals from midfield with Bannan and Hutch. But i think Monk has already seen this and the midfield has been linking up with Fletch a lot better with Luongo behind him. Luongo was missed in the 2nd half on Tuesday. Give them more time playing this system and i think we will see more goals from everyone. Also, Villa and united didn't need a pukki style player and went up. More than 1 way to get promoted from this league. 1-0, 1-1, 1-0 means 7 points, we keep doing that we'll go up. Bring it on.

While I sort of agree, perhaps Villa and Utd weren’t the best examples, Villa had a total of 52 league goals scored by forward players, with Abrahams contributing 26, and Utd’s forwards were responsible for 46 goals, Billy Blunt scoring 23

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

How do we need a LW?

Harris has been outstanding. Forestieri is trying to get ahead of him. It’s Reach’s best position.

LW or RW then, if we get rid of Murphy, which we should do we need to replace him. Harris could easily get injured, FF, who knows what he will bring, done nowt for a long time, Reach is ok but that's it.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The good thing is, we are thinking of ways we can improve, not out of desperation, but from a position of strength Certainly, I am more than happy with the way things are going at the moment

Yes but how will we cope without Hector?! :ph34r:

Edited by wilyfox

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

While I sort of agree, perhaps Villa and Utd weren’t the best examples, Villa had a total of 52 league goals scored by forward players, with Abrahams contributing 26, and Utd’s forwards were responsible for 46 goals, Billy Blunt scoring 23

Yes fair enough, i think our hope is that Fletch can hit enough this season (whatever enough turns out to be). All our forwards are out of contract at the end of the season, so it is a position group that will change dramatically next season. For this season i think our only hope of a new striker is a PL loan that works out well in Jan. I can't see Monk being able to change Fessi, Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu into top 20+ championship strikers. We might be 1 season away from a serious crack at promotion, but while Fletch is doing well, i will keep my hope alive this season. If we lose Fletch we are doomed, doomed i tell you. lol

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Again, using that logic, Mitrovic is on course to score 40 odd league goals Do you think he will? History suggests Fletcher, Harris and Reach won’t score 45 league goals. Of course all those things COULD happen, but it’s unlikely they will. It’s just applying some common sense 

It's just a very strange logic.

It's not like our players our completely over performing and scoring 3 goals a match. They're consistently playing well, with an off game every now and then.

Comparing that to Mitrovic, a player in form and scoring more than he has ever done, is a strange one. 

Btw Mitrovic will get 30+ goals this season. Far to good for this league and is surrounded by creative players. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Wow yeah baby, Hector and Borner, the dream ticket

Thought you'd be chuffed to bits with how Iorfa's doing. Big, strong, quick, under 25... One costly mistake against Hull. Other than that, I think he's been superb. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Thought you'd be chuffed to bits with how Iorfa's doing. Big, strong, quick, under 25... One costly mistake against Hull. Other than that, I think he's been superb. 

Boy am I, never rated him at full back, but he’s proved a revelation at centre back Great stuff

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

LW or RW then, if we get rid of Murphy, which we should do we need to replace him. Harris could easily get injured, FF, who knows what he will bring, done nowt for a long time, Reach is ok but that's it.

I would say Nuhiu was ok. Reach is much better than that.

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Boy am I, never rated him at full back, but he’s proved a revelation at centre back Great stuff

His performance with Borner against Stoke just gone made think for the first time that Lees may struggle to get back in this side.

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Courtney Senior. He starred in Colchester’s win over Spurs but there’s a lot more to him than that. Only 22. Developed at Brentford’s academy so good footballing principles. Really quick and started out as a striker so has an eye for a goal. Out of contract at the end of this season. Fits into the Wilder hungry young L1 player model and a better long term solution than Murphy. Feels like one of those players we should target before the big clubs make up their mind.

17 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Courtney Senior. He starred in Colchester’s win over Spurs but there’s a lot more to him than that. Only 22. Developed at Brentford’s academy so good footballing principles. Really quick and started out as a striker so has an eye for a goal. Out of contract at the end of this season. Fits into the Wilder hungry young L1 player model and a better long term solution than Murphy. Feels like one of those players we should target before the big clubs make up their mind.

I like that. That means the club planning and im not sure its our forte though. Sounds good to me though.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

He runs a lot. Scores the occassional screamer. He needs to play LW for me, anywhere else he isnt as good

Yeah I think he is better on the left as well. But not as productive as Harris at the moment though. Wouldn't mind seeing them switch wings for a bit some games.

Guest Bulgaria
14 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Loan

Eddie Nketiah - Arsenal 

Tyler Walker - Forest

Abel Ruiz - Barcelona

Emile Smith Rowe - Arsenal

Thierry Ambrose - Man City

Sheyi Ojo - Liverpool

Kelechi Iheanacho - Leicester

Goodness me I hope not...

Trying to get my old man to understand the names of our current squad is hard enough.

Guest wilyfox
47 minutes ago, modboy said:

Like the idea of kodija though. Would fit our system 

No more over 30s at the moment please. I'd recruit someone a few years younger to learn from and succeed Fletcher, like Florian Kamberi at Hibs. He's arrogant, but has all the attributes to develop into the role.