Murphys performance

Newcastle and Norwich fans gave us a taster of what he was like .. flattered to deceive, poor end product ..

Not happening for him right now. Gone right off the boil and yeah I won't be surprised seeing Reach start games in there with Luongo brought in to midfield .. Would give us a much more stronger option when we are defending and pressing in our own half

not read through this thread but said before weekend elsewhere he will prove to be a 'showboater', maybe what comes of a £10 million Prem player 

is a bit light weight and wont or cant do the hard yards like Harris seen to do on occasion, BUT he may well give us something extra on occasion that may prove decisive, eg goal, assist, trick, so not writing him off just accept what he is

FF, Reach and others  often been criticised for work rate etc 

22 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Looked like he was running through the motions, not actually trying to affect the game but make it look like he was trying, awful. 

And that cross....:duntmatter:

The balls still on the roof of the stand I heard

Edited by Ferkorf

23 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Can't imagine Monk was impressed and we were much better when he was replaced. Reach and Harris to play wide going forward with 2 strikers, and keep him as an impact sub.

Problem is, he's a willing runner, he's direct and can carry the ball forward.

Adam Reach is also a willing runner. Working hard off the ball, this is why Huddersfield will struggle all season, off the ball they are garbage.

My point is, if you replace Murphy with Winnall from the start, you lose alot of pace, Winnall won't drop back and help Bannan like Reach either. 

So I think Monk is spot on, persist with Murphy, he may come good. Winnall off the bench, as an impact sub, to change the dynamic

On 15/09/2019 at 16:48, Bouncing Owl said:

I thought he was absolutely garbage and I’d have hauled him off at half time. 

The only poor performer in an otherwise sold display.

he has been garbage for past 6 games after scoring with his 1st touch its been all downhill since. that's why he is with us and not playing premier league football with Newcastle ,the lad clearly has the talent ,you don't go to the Etihad and score the goal he did if your not very talented but he needs to buck his ideas up or his next loan move might be the one where his Newcastle pal Aarons has gone the mighty Wycombe . 

On 15/09/2019 at 17:46, Sensible Soccer said:

good manager will get the best out of his players so hopefully Murphy can regain some form under Monk.

How will any manager get the best out of him if they don’t play him? Give the kid a chance.  

Signed for Newcastle by Rafa Benitez, Brought to Wednesday by Steve Bruce‘s recruitment team. Selected for England at U18/19/20 & 21 level. Written off by OT armchair managers after 6 games

FFS

On 15/09/2019 at 16:57, Professor Plum said:

Put him on the fatwa list, just below Bruce. He needs to put a shift in, he can be forgiven for lacking ability but not effort which was evident on a few occasions when he should have chased the ball backwards towards his own goal instead of just pretending to. He needs to be made aware that there is no hiding place and the only thing he has to do is put 100% in.

I'm absolutely certain that GM will have pointed that out to him.

This thread really annoys me and makes me very very sad in equal measure.

If Murphy has all the talent, but neither the motivation or application to make that talent work, then he has no business being in professional football and earning the obscene amounts of money that he quite obviously does as an 8-figure footballer.

Disgraceful. 

9 minutes ago, steelerian said:

This thread really annoys me and makes me very very sad in equal measure.

If Murphy has all the talent, but neither the motivation or application to make that talent work, then he has no business being in professional football and earning the obscene amounts of money that he quite obviously does as an 8-figure footballer.

Disgraceful. 

What a ridiculous overreaction to a few middling performances.

Maybe he's just not quite as good a footballer as some on here seem to think? Maybe playing regularly in a settled side will bring the best out of him?

Okay, he's not set the world on fire during his first half-dozen games for us, but to say he has no business being in professional football and to call him disgraceful is going way over the top.

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2019 at 16:52, Beholder said:

Has to be one of Murphy or Harris not both in my opinion.

And right now, Harris is doin the biz, Murphy not so much. 

I'd said this prior to nando's ban. 

Needs to be Harris & reach out wide for me especially in the 4-4-2, as both will track back and help there fullback out. 

If we go 4-1-2-2-1 /4-3-3 as Bullen had been playing Murphy & Nando. 

Harris & Murphy are too similar in style and pace, so I'd much prefer to mix it up by playing one of them with someone that offers something different on the opposite wing.