Murphys performance

His performance was patchy at best, but I dislike the idea of identifying a scapegoat and piling into him at every opportunity and some evidence this is starting to happen. Think everybody needs time some more than others and far too early to be on his case.

He definitely has skills and puts in the yardage he may need time to settle into a club to get to his best. He was certainly useful when he played for Norwich and he should be given some time to bed in.

I think Monk will not tolerate idleness or incompetence and if he is not performing will not be in team.

15 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Our only weak link today. Offering nothing going forward or defensively. Looks shot of confidence the most worrying thing. The cross he put into the stands with ample time summed his display up.

Can't imagine Monk was impressed and we were much better when he was replaced. Reach and Harris to play wide going forward with 2 strikers, and keep him as an impact sub.

Agreed. Needs to be dropped, out Reach in that position. Team would work far better.

Murphy has been disappointing, hopefully Monk can get more out of him.

31 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Should have had a penalty when cropped whilst making a good run into the box and looked like he could score.

Other than that didn't really get into the game.

That was never a penalty in a million years, ref got it spot on. If that was given against us I'd be fuming.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That was never a penalty in a million years, ref got it spot on. If that was given against us I'd be fuming.

Really... Murphy was going thru the two centre halfs and got bundled / taken out by his thigh defender stuck his leg out and turned his side into him ..  seen softer penalties than that.

Edited by Doctor Duran

23 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Really... Murphy was going thru the two centre halfs and got bundled / taken out by his thigh defender stuck his leg out and turned his side into him ..  seen softer penalties than that.

Not for me, he ran into the legs and fell over, far from a stonewaller.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

18 hours ago, Eightace said:

It's too early to write him off but Harris seems the better player.

Reach can be poor at times so Murphy will get more chances to prove himself.

He looked especially bad today but I think he's better than that.

This, way to early to write him off, looked like he had a good cross on him in his first couple of games but today that was awful..... very poor today but think he's a good player and Monk will get that out of him.

Harris on the other hand is unreal, I cannot for the life of me understand what he's been doing up until now in his career.

He was poor. Had one decent run that came to nothing a two abysmal crosses when not under pressure but what worried me is no attempt to cover back even when the forward was beside him he couldn't be arsed to try to tackle or chase. Must play winnal with Fletch and Reach out wide as Reach showed he's no good in CM and for a bloke with some worldy goals his shooting was terrible.

20 hours ago, gizowl said:

Agree, Murphy needs to seriously up his game if he wants to be a regular starter. 

The lad is undoubtedly skilful. His game falls apart because of his lack of physical strength which is so vital in this league. He needs to work on his physicality and develop more power. He doesn't need to put on loads of weight he just needs coaching on how to use his whole body which will, in turn, improve his balance, so that he is not dispossessed as easily.

• Like 1