Murphys performance

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I reckon he was on the thunderbox when Sir Garry was giving his tactical masterclass. Then once he had wiped and flushed it was too late . He had a chat with Bully instead  who, with a breath stale and acidic from a breakfast of buckfast and haggis, muttered ‘yoos get the ball wee laddie and yoos run and boot it oor iyes will see you ootside yer rum old tosspile. Garry flipping monk ‘

Even by your standards, this is absolutely terrible.

Murphy is still a good player.

Some of the runs he made in our early games were brilliant. And he scored.

Its just it doesn't work with two wingers. We concede too much possession.  

Let's not turn him into the new whipping boy.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Looked like he was running through the motions, not actually trying to affect the game but make it look like he was trying, awful. 

And that cross....:duntmatter:

Just got home and someones beat me to it.

Totally agree, looked absolutely uninterested.

Need another Harris for the right wing.

21 minutes ago, ka58 said:

He was poor.

Odubajo was garbage again also.

rest very good.

Odubajo needs alot of support. Despite not being the strongest in the tackle (!) Reach works very hard and will always get back to cover, (as he did today when brought back into midfield.) Harris nowhere nearly as industrious. If Odubajo plays, Reach plays in front of him imo.

36 minutes ago, Eightace said:

It's too early to write him off but Harris seems the better player.

Reach can be poor at times so Murphy will get more chances to prove himself.

He looked especially bad today but I think he's better than that.

My Grans better than that, and she had a lisp.

Agree with others. Murphy hasn't shown enough to justify a place in the starting 11. Reach and Harris out wide - with either Kieran Lee or Luongo playing box to box. If persisting with both Bannan and Hutch in CM - Hutch is the defensive CM with the ability to play long raking passes, BB's creativity impacts more on games from further forwards. Good to see Sam Winnall enjoying himself and providing a decent 2nd central forward option. I have Lee, Luongo and Winnall ahead of Murphy for a starting 11 place with Reach to the wing being part of the picture. Bates for Iorfa might also be worth considering if Lees not available for selection against Fulham and beyond.

Harris is the obvious stand out player.... my brother is a Norwich fan and he always raved about Murphy. Think he has lost his way a bit. A good manager will get the best out of his players so hopefully Murphy can regain some form under Monk.

not writing him off yet... but I don’t think he should be in the starting XI when everyone is fit

• Like 2