Murphys performance

Our only weak link today. Offering nothing going forward or defensively. Looks shot of confidence the most worrying thing. The cross he put into the stands with ample time summed his display up.

Can't imagine Monk was impressed and we were much better when he was replaced. Reach and Harris to play wide going forward with 2 strikers, and keep him as an impact sub.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Has to be one of Murphy or Harris not both in my opinion.

And right now, Harris is doin the biz, Murphy not so much. 

Harris is twice the player from what Ive seen of both. So much more direct and far better delivery. Would only want him replacing Harris due to injury.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

His eyes are too close together as well.. can't see much of a future for him tbh..

Put him on the fatwa list, just below Bruce. He needs to put a shift in, he can be forgiven for lacking ability but not effort which was evident on a few occasions when he should have chased the ball backwards towards his own goal instead of just pretending to. He needs to be made aware that there is no hiding place and the only thing he has to do is put 100% in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

He needs to up his game. I expected a lot more for a player that cost what he did a couple years ago. I saw more from Rolando Aarons than I have Murphy and somehow he’s in League 1. 

Agree, Murphy needs to seriously up his game if he wants to be a regular starter. 

Just now, Eightace said:

It's too early to write him off but Harris seems the better player.

Reach can be poor at times so Murphy will get more chances to prove himself.

He looked especially bad today but I think he's better than that.

The baggies fan that comes on here said he had no heart and desire while on loan with them, that looks pretty accurate atm.

13 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I thought he was absolutely garbage and I’d have hauled him off at half time. 

The only poor performer in an otherwise sold display.

He was poor.

Odubajo was garbage again also.

rest very good.

As good as he was against Barnsley. You could still see he’s got performances away from home like that in him, in abundance too!

He’s not a grafter, and he’s only really effective in counter attacks. Definitely a good option to have on the bench when a game opens up. Him and Nuhiu could be a great combo from the bench this season. 

A few West Brom fans warned us about his crossing ‘ability’ on Twitter when we signed him. 

I reckon he was on the thunderbox when Sir Garry was giving his tactical masterclass. Then once he had wiped and flushed it was too late . He had a chat with Bully instead  who, with a breath stale and acidic from a breakfast of buckfast and haggis, muttered ‘yoos get the ball wee laddie and yoos run and boot it oor iyes will see you ootside yer rum old tosspile. Garry flipping monk ‘

• Haha 3

Guest Jack the Hat
10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Has to be one of Murphy or Harris not both in my opinion.

And right now, Harris is doin the biz, Murphy not so much. 

Agree. I don't think we need 2 out and out wingers. Its a luxury and puts too much oweness on Fletcher to score the lions share of our goals. If Reach plays behind the striker, or front 2, drifting to the wing we may have finally found his position. Plus his delivery is excellent - ie the cross at Preston. Also playing a number 10 role i'm sure he can weigh in with a few goals. Needs to work on his shooting because - despite the worldies he scores - I don't think he is great in the box. Sure Monkfish has spotted this.

Also if Winnall comes to the party, suddenly we don't look as predictable as we did before the break!