What is wrong with people?

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

Monk is a good appointment. Some of the reactions are just a reflection of the time it’s taken, the longer it went on the harder it was going to be to impress people.

There is also a sense of annoyance that we clearly only made contact in the last 48hrs, had we done that 7 weeks ago I feel we’d be in a better place on all fronts.

DC is hard to read, I felt he looked exhausted yesterday which is a concern given his recent holiday.

15 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Agreed.  He looked exhausted and stressed.  Maybe the managerial appointment, SAG/SYP issues and ground valuation investigation is weighing him down?

I take it neither of you have flown from SE Asia.  I don't know how long he's been back, but it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover. 

With this being a forum for people's thoughts on The Wednesday, you will get both opinions which you agree with and don't agree with.

I for will back The Monk, admittedly not my personal first choice bit we go with what we have got.

Let the negative Nellie's get the BS out, just chuckle at it and move along. They would like you to react to it, it's what they thrive on.

16 hours ago, handworth52 said:

my only concern is monk aint bringing him own coaching team in . id have him any day of week though when the likes of pullis were mentioned ,the brummie fans were as upset when he left them as we were when big ron left us for villa all those years ago .he knows the championship as well as anyone but id have liked him to bring 1-2 coaches with him. 

My take on that is DC only given him a short contract and as such is saving money by not having to commit too much. GM has everything to prove or lose with this appointment as he's not actually achieved a top six place.

Personally I think its a good fit bearing in mind our circumstances at the moment.

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

No, just saying theres load of rounduns spouted on here. To slate monk before hes managed us for one game is rediculous!

I personally think it's a decent appointment.

I could well be wrong but until he does a bad job I'm going to assume he can do a good one.

The managers who usually succeed are the ones like the guy at Norwich and Wilder.

Just decent managers who weren't world class players or managers of big teams. 

I dunno who people expected. Fergie to come out of retirement or some world cup winner 

There's no way anybody can say it's a bad appointment at this time and usually these things are self fulfilling. Negativity breeds negativity as it rubs off on the players and sometimes makes the manager second guess himself.

Get behind him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eightace said:

I personally think it's a decent appointment.

I could well be wrong but until he does a bad job I'm going to assume he can do a good one.

The managers who usually succeed are the ones like the guy at Norwich and Wilder.

Just decent managers who weren't world class players or managers of big teams. 

I dunno who people expected. Fergie to come out of retirement or some world cup winner 

There's no way anybody can say it's a bad appointment at this time and usually these things are self fulfilling. Negativity breeds negativity as it rubs off on the players and sometimes makes the manager second guess himself.

Get behind him.

Wow somebody on here that actually talks sense! Totally agree mate

11 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

Where did you find ululate? Had to look it up. Well done Sir.

English Lit O Level - I think someone was ululating in Lord of the Flies (ooh matron). I failed the exam and can hardly remember anything except ululate and the fact that the book was scary. 

I’m OK with Monk - he too is scary and the kind of bloke you’d want on your side rather than with the oppos. UTO

On 07/09/2019 at 20:01, Professor Plum said:

mmmmmm, it's a simple question on the face of it but it isn't that easy really.

When I was a lad (hahahahahaha) we just accepted what we were presented with. We'd grumble around the people stood or sat around us at Hillsborough or in the pub but these days these people have a worldwide audience.

I'll never change, I'm old school, I support what's dished up to me, through thick and thin until such time the gaffers see fit to change things.

Agree that all supporters should get behind the manager and team for as long as possible. It’s counterproductive to do anything else. However, you can be disappointed and underwhelmed by Monks appointment and voice concerns and still get behind him and the team when the whistle blows for kick-off. 

I for one think his appointment is a mistake but it won’t stop he hoping he is a success and that he proves me wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

No, just saying theres load of rounduns spouted on here. To slate monk before hes managed us for one game is rediculous!

Has anyone really slated Monk? i.e. insulted him, criticised him or have they merely raised concerns that based on his history and track record he may not be the right person to take our club forward?

6 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Has anyone really slated Monk? i.e. insulted him, criticised him or have they merely raised concerns that based on his history and track record he may not be the right person to take our club forward?

A few have, yeah...

On 06/09/2019 at 08:29, Bing Cosby said:

Garry Monk is a lanky, beady eyed, shyster.

On 06/09/2019 at 08:51, marcx666 said:

oh ffs, I'd rather have no manager, and seeing as the EFL are already trying to f*ck us every which way, I'm not sure having a manager who is being investigated for allegedly dodgy transfers is a good choice.....

On 06/09/2019 at 10:08, Lord Snooty said:

Mans a beady eyed spiv.

On 06/09/2019 at 22:37, bob C said:

Tell me another profession where you would get a job and be paid 20k a week , after being sacked by four of  it’s competitors in the last 5 years for incompetence,  or to put another spin on it show me another company apart from SWFC who would employ someone who has been sacked four times in five years by its competitors , I’ll be surprised if he isn’t being hounded by the fans by Christmas and sacked (again) by the end of the season , UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2019 at 01:09, gurujuan said:

It’s all about opinions, and whether or not somebody is a good fit. For example, I didn’t have to wait until Jordan Rhodes pulled on a Wednesday shirt, to know he wouldn’t be a good fit. Some think Monk is a good fit, as they did with Rhodes, others don’t What’s the problem?

Mate you're absolutely over the moon it didn't work with Rhodes :D Every single thread i log into you somehow manage to segue how much of a poor signing Rhodes was into the conversation. We all get it. He was a poor signing. The difference between Monk and Rhodes was that Rhodes was on a downwards trajectory whereas from numerous accounts by Brum fans Monk worked wonders with them and was unfairly dismissed by the clubs hierarchy. 

It's a decent appointment which if Monk was to be the manager should be been done far sooner and allowed him time in the transfer market as well as time to potentially bring in his own coaching staff and methods. But here we are so let's crack on and get behind him.

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

Mate you're absolutely over the moon it didn't work with Rhodes :D Every single thread i log into you somehow manage to segue how much of a poor signing Rhodes was into the conversation. We all get it. He was a poor signing. The difference between Monk and Rhodes was that Rhodes was on a downwards trajectory whereas from numerous accounts by Brum fans Monk worked wonders with them and was unfairly dismissed by the clubs hierarchy. 

It's a decent appointment which if Monk was to be the manager should be been done far sooner and allowed him time in the transfer market as well as time to potentially bring in his own coaching staff and methods. But here we are so let's crack on and get behind him.

But the point is, it’s OK for people to have a different opinion, and just because they are in the minority, they shouldn’t be dismissed as being anti Wednesday If you are passionate about the club you support, you don’t want to see them making mistakes, especially ones that can set them back years. Certainly I take no pleasure in Rhodes struggles at Hillsborough, why would I when the knock on effect is still being felt by all of us, including me.

As it happens, I don’t feel the same way about Monk. Perhaps slight reservations that he might not be given the time to build something sustainable, but that’s more about me being unsure whether the chairman now also sees it as a longer term project. 

However, if I did feel strongly that he was completely the wrong fit, then I, or anyone has the right to voice those fears. It’s all about opinions mate, and if somebody has a different one, they don’t need to be shouted down by the masses