What is wrong with people?

Just now, Baggiehy said:

My theory about the Cowley's Is they want be the first managers to take a non league side to the prem preferably back to back That the big project. Look who they turned down Norwichh,Us, Nottingham forest Huddersfield, you and others

If that is the case then I admire their loyalty and sticking to the project but it is a huge risk. They are on 150k at Lincoln from what has been said and turned down £1m a year from Hudds. It's an unforgiving industry. You can be forgotten very quickly. This season will make or break them

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Some need to get a grip, we aren't going to get Mourinho

I would rather have Monk over Cowley

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

A no brainer and didn't cost us any compo

source.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Sick of hearing about the Cowleys. Stoke, us, Hudds seem to have all shown interest. Seems like they're unambitious and happy in their comfort zone. Not what we need at SWFC.

I have to say I'm happy with Bilic just because he's brought some class players and may not be finished yet

Just now, Baggiehy said:

I have to say I'm happy with Bilic just because he's brought some class players and may not be finished yet

You have a very good squad and Bilic I think will get you promoted

Signing Charlie Austin was a masterstroke. He'll easily score 20-25 at this level

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

Welcome to the Internet 

14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

my only concern is monk aint bringing him own coaching team in . id have him any day of week though when the likes of pullis were mentioned ,the brummie fans were as upset when he left them as we were when big ron left us for villa all those years ago .he knows the championship as well as anyone but id have liked him to bring 1-2 coaches with him. 

But its not been said anywhere that he wont bring some in in time. His favoured assistant is brum boss and i assume some of coaches at bcfc are his original picks!?. So they're employed. He's only been in job a day!!!. And we've got a week until his first game. Id fully expect a couple of coaches to come in in the near future, just takes time to sort. Patience.

Edited by tommycockles

9 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

If that is the case then I admire their loyalty and sticking to the project but it is a huge risk. They are on 150k at Lincoln from what has been said and turned down £1m a year from Hudds. It's an unforgiving industry. You can be forgotten very quickly. This season will make or break them

Completely agree with the last 2 sentences 

The Cowleys have had an absolute nightmare not taking one of the offers. Who exactly do they think they are? lol 

There’s loyalty and there’s stupidity.

7 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I doubt it got that far, like you protect a striker lincoln put a massive price on them just to talk like reading did with steve clarke a few years ago. Ironically nothing came of the Talks, Reading then sacked clarke

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

Unfortunately there are a  lot of absolute bellpipes on this forum that know absolutely nowt about football! Im not overwhelmed by the appointment of Monk but lets give the bloke a chance ffs!

Monk is a good appointment. Some of the reactions are just a reflection of the time it’s taken, the longer it went on the harder it was going to be to impress people.

There is also a sense of annoyance that we clearly only made contact in the last 48hrs, had we done that 7 weeks ago I feel we’d be in a better place on all fronts.

DC is hard to read, I felt he looked exhausted yesterday which is a concern given his recent holiday.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Clarke will be out of a job Monday when Belgium have finished with them

Maybe but give him a couple of months and he'll be back at Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

mmmmmm, it's a simple question on the face of it but it isn't that easy really.

When I was a lad (hahahahahaha) we just accepted what we were presented with. We'd grumble around the people stood or sat around us at Hillsborough or in the pub but these days these people have a worldwide audience.

I'll never change, I'm old school, I support what's dished up to me, through thick and thin until such time the gaffers see fit to change things.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Monk is a good appointment. Some of the reactions are just a reflection of the time it’s taken, the longer it went on the harder it was going to be to impress people.

There is also a sense of annoyance that we clearly only made contact in the last 48hrs, had we done that 7 weeks ago I feel we’d be in a better place on all fronts.

DC is hard to read, I felt he looked exhausted yesterday which is a concern given his recent holiday.

Agreed.  He looked exhausted and stressed.  Maybe the managerial appointment, SAG/SYP issues and ground valuation investigation is weighing him down?

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm always shattered when returning from a holiday, out on razz till early hours every night for a week catches up with you. :Chansiri: lol

• Haha 2