What is wrong with people?

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

I think threads that highlight the negative threads are nearly as bad.

The 98% of folks who feel its a best we could do/average/OK/hopeful appointment probably won't bother with their reasonably happy thread. 

Totally agree. 

Most people seem pleased with the appointment, these weirdo/self righteous “complain about the complaining” threads or tweets are ridiculous 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree it a little annoying people already made mind up about Monk but if thats there honest opinion I have no problem with them expressing it.

I'm concerned Monk will have the same problems with the same players that Bullen had.

We need to move on from all the speculation about who turned us down and who we could not lured to Hillsborough. I imagine the final short list was very short.

Monks played for the club, he knows the league. He's even beaten Wednesday at Hillsborough in this league at Leeds, so he knows what problems this team have. 

I think some of our fans need to realise the current squad aren't going to tear up the league under any Manager. More changes are required to build a proper team. Yes we've got some good players, but other senior payers have consistently shown they aren't good enough at this level.  

Good luck to Monk, he'll need it. 

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some people are knobheads.

Trust me, I'm ITK on this one.

There are OT pretend Wednesdyites & then there are real Wednesdayites, you know, the ones  who actually want all the very best for the club whether they’re in a position to attend or not !

Then there are OT pretenders!

You’re quite right !

Outside of my family and business Wednesday are one of the most precious and important things in my life and it’s beyond me why Hughton, Pep , Fergie and the Cowleys are not ringing up DC demanding to be appointed.

But then ( unlike some others) I give myself a reality check and accept that Mr Monk is a more than adequate appointment... he has my full support and I reckon that he’ll do quite well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'm concerned Monk will have the same problems with the same players that Bullen had.

We need to move on from all the speculation about who turned us down and who we could not lured to Hillsborough. I imagine the final short list was very short.

Monks played for the club, he knows the league. He's even beaten Wednesday at Hillsborough in this league at Leeds, so he knows what problems this team have. 

I think some of our fans need to realise the current squad aren't going to tear up the league under any Manager. More changes are required to build a proper team. Yes we've got some good players, but other senior payers have consistently shown they aren't good enough at this level.  

Good luck to Monk, he'll need it. 

This.

mid table team, monk or otherwise. This season will be as relaxing as a lie down on a sofa. A nice gentle drift into about 10th.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Some need to get a grip, we aren't going to get Mourinho

I would rather have Monk over Cowley

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

A no brainer and didn't cost us any compo

It's like this. There are people who's glass is half full and there are those who's glass is half empty. There are positive people and there are negative people. There are winners in life and there are losers. Not difficult to spot which are which on these forums. 

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

As a manager I agree but given the off field stuff I'd rather we have gone for someone else. We have had long enough 

It has always been thus. People are entitled to their opinion but all this "it's a terrible appointment" or "great appointment" is based on conjecture.

Proof is in the pudding. Only way the fanbase will come together is through results. 

Wouldn't worry too much. No one is going to boo Monk when he walks out at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

It's a very good appointment. His record is very decent and has even done very well in the Prem with Swansea in his first managerial job no less!

All fans Ive heard from Leeds and Brum really rate him too. Think we should be very satisfied with this and its much lower risk than Cowleys. Fans who are moaning simply dont know what his past record is. He performed miracles at Brum.

Edited by swfc-dan

53 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

It has always been thus. People are entitled to their opinion but all this "it's a terrible appointment" or "great appointment" is based on conjecture.

Proof is in the pudding. Only way the fanbase will come together is through results. 

Wouldn't worry too much. No one is going to boo Monk when he walks out at Hillsborough.

Course not, they are too bust booing Fox to boo Monk lol

It’s all about opinions, and whether or not somebody is a good fit. For example, I didn’t have to wait until Jordan Rhodes pulled on a Wednesday shirt, to know he wouldn’t be a good fit. Some think Monk is a good fit, as they did with Rhodes, others don’t What’s the problem?

8 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Same simpletons that call CC "family".  fizz that, a total agent plant that had none of the skills or the CV to warrant the job here, family?  Too many of us easily placated.  "He got us to Wembley..."fizz that FF did more getting us there than Manager Coat Rack.

A breath of fresh air. A manager with a point to prove, with good experience at Premiership and Championship level, not some numpty from an unknown minor European League.

He’s what I was asking for, an experienced, Championship manager and he is no dinosaur either, he is young and ambitious.

Took too long to appoint but a good signing in the end Mr C.

• Like 1