What is wrong with people?

Already having a pop at Monk or calling it a dreadful appointment. The guy hasn't been in the door more than 24 hours

Some need to get a grip, we aren't going to get Mourinho

I would rather have Monk over Cowley

Similar age and one has managed in the Prem meanwhile the other hasn't managed above league one

A no brainer and didn't cost us any compo

Edited by IWEDFM
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree it a little annoying people already made mind up about Monk but if thats there honest opinion I have no problem with them expressing it.

I know everyone has the right to an opinion but the guy hasn't even taken a training session yet

People calling it a dreadful appointment are those who wanted Cowley but I honestly don't see the big deal with him. Yes he's done well in the lower leagues but he is untested in the Championship. It would have been one of those where it either comes off or turns out to be a complete disaster

Edited by IWEDFM

3 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I know everyone has the right to an opinion but the guy hasn't even taken a training session yet

People calling it a dreadful appointment are those who wanted Cowley but I honestly don't see the big deal with him. Yes he's done well in the lower leagues but he is untested in the Championship. It would have been one of those where it either comes off or turns out to be a complete disaster

I notice they got pumped @ wycombe today!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

He was doing an Peter odemwingie and outside Hillsborough but gates was locked 

Be interesting to see how they go. Not particularly from a did he turn us down stance, but they def' turned udders down and strong rumour over our, wba & Hull jobs. If they have turned a couple of champ jobs down, then its a bold move. Their stock maybe high at min, but football management can be an unforgiving job, look at watford today!, wonder if they'll live to regret it!!??

Probably the same at every club mate. A quiet majority happy to give the be manager a chance but a few clowns moaning and groaning because it’s not their first choice. Usually the same faces as well and one in particular that moans about absolutely everything. We’ve all got some gripes about the way the club is run (mine is the pay on the day ticket prices), but some people on here need to have a serious word with themselves.

Just now, tommycockles said:

Be interesting to see how they go. Not particularly from a did he turn us down stance, but they def' turned udders down and strong rumour over our, wba & Hull jobs. If they have turned a couple of champ jobs down, then its a bold move. Their stock maybe high at min, but football management can be an unforgiving job, look at watford today!, wonder if they'll live to regret it!!??

I was thinking exactly the same

I think the Cowleys have got too big for their boots, either that or they are very loyal which is commendable

As you say football is unforgiving and players/managers can be forgotten very quickly

29 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Like Paul Hurst, Nathan Jones 

10 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I was thinking exactly the same

I think the Cowleys have got too big for their boots, either that or they are very loyal which is commendable

As you say football is unforgiving and players/managers can be forgotten very quickly

My theory about the Cowley's Is they want be the first managers to take a non league side to the prem preferably back to back That the big project. Look who they turned down Norwichh,Us, Nottingham forest Huddersfield, you and others

my only concern is monk aint bringing him own coaching team in . id have him any day of week though when the likes of pullis were mentioned ,the brummie fans were as upset when he left them as we were when big ron left us for villa all those years ago .he knows the championship as well as anyone but id have liked him to bring 1-2 coaches with him. 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Who was last manager to do that,was it Graham Taylor with Watford 

Could be? But aren't they doing it from a league lower? I'll check