Cowleys get them in

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Must admit I'd be very disappointed if it was Pullis a total dinosaur with ultra boring football and Rowett has never took a Championship side up. 

Even under Pulis it cant get much worse than the football on Saturday and Bullen hasn't taken a championship side up either. That's ultimately where we are at.

Reckon they'd be a bit scared to leave. It's their first job really and if you do badly in your second job you almost have to start again. Look at Hurst. Stock was high and he moves to Ipswich and does poorly and everyone thinks he would be a bad choice for the championship, even though no one could really have done much at Ipswich. Same with Nathan Jones.

8 minutes ago, markg said:

Reckon they'd be a bit scared to leave. It's their first job really and if you do badly in your second job you almost have to start again. Look at Hurst. Stock was high and he moves to Ipswich and does poorly and everyone thinks he would be a bad choice for the championship, even though no one could really have done much at Ipswich. Same with Nathan Jones.

I think Hurst in particular relied on signing too many league one players at once 

6 minutes ago, markg said:

It makes perfect sense what you are saying, but assuming a move to a club like ours would financially set them up for life, surely it must be tempting? If they stay at Lincoln there will come a time when things start to go wrong and no doubt at that point they won’t be in such high demand.

14 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Must admit I'd be very disappointed if it was Pullis a total dinosaur with ultra boring football and Rowett has never took a Championship side up. 

Well, you're right that they don't set the pulses racing.

I guess it's about who's available/would come here.

We know who we all really want, but the problem is that he doesn't want us.

He's probably never forgiven us for that play-off semi-final. Lol.

4 minutes ago, markg said:

Not sure i'd agree with that sentiment, what better time to move up then when your stock is high!!?. Clearly a few champ chairman think they could do a job at that level. Who's to say that if they stay at Lincoln they wont hit a wall this season and it turns out to be a step too far for the squad they have and the end up struggling at that level??, if that happens their star will start to dim, now would be the perfect time to see if they can step up another level. Football is a fickle mistress, they need to get while the gettings good!

1 minute ago, East Yorks Owl said:

It makes perfect sense what you are saying, but assuming a move to a club like ours would financially set them up for life,

Doubt for life, could be £1.5m rolling contract.

Goes apeshyte, out of work in a year. Career in tatters.

Turned hudds down on similar dosh, i would want £1.5m yr, on 5 yr contract.

It's not all about money, but mostly it is.

lol

The team needs a bit of an overhaul. We have some old and new players that need to gel. A new manager gives everyone a fresh start and I think that's what is needed. It happened with Bruce but now we've gone back to how it was before. Bullen is a nice guy and all but something doesn't quite work for him. No idea what it is but on Saturday we looked like we did under moustache boy. I don't want that. 

I want someone to come in and give us an identity and style. I want someone to reform our club and become a legend. I don't care who it is, but I think it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1