Cowleys get them in

Pullis end of career. Still fully motivated ?

Rowett. Bit a nearly/journeyman. Doesn't inspire me.

Cowleys on the other hand already have a record of promotions, long term planning, and total infrastructure building. If they are strong enough to stand up to him, just what DC needs.

I'm up for this. Word is DC is struggling to convince them he's onboard with their blueprint.

Come on DC make it so.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would be very happy if we get them in. Would much prefer these over the other managers linked, people like Pulis, Coleman, Bullen, Zola. Young exciting, highly rated manager. 

I certainly agree with you where Bullen and Zola are concerned.

I'd say the profile of the manager we're looking for is someone who's been successful at this level, maybe managed in the PL, but has gone off the boil a bit.

Bruce fitted that category, as does Pulis.

People thought Colin was done, then he got Cardiff up.

The problem with the Cowleys is that the kind of mistakes they'd be making here, Pulis made 25 years ago elsewhere.

And what if they use us to practise on, hone their skills, and then a PL club comes in?

Don't get me wrong, I rate the Cowleys.

It's just whether they're right for us right now.

10 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’ve always thought the Wednesday manager job is one of the biggest there is. It takes a big name and a big character to manage this club and these types have always done better here.

Over the years, I’ve seen this job here eaten many a manager up. If it is the Cowleys, they will have my full support but I reiterate it is a big risk and it will be a massive step up for them. 

I'd argue that it's a bigger risk to employ one of the others in the list bearing in mind their past failures. The Cowley's may fail, they may succeed, but at least it's a risk where we can't say we knew the outcome before the appointment.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd say the profile of the manager we're looking for is someone who's been successful at this level, maybe managed in the PL, but has gone off the boil a bit.

The problem with the Cowleys is that the kind of mistakes they'd be making here, Pulis made 25 years ago elsewhere.

And what if they use us to practise on, hone their skills, and then a PL club comes in?

I get your point, however, Wilder and Smith gained promotion and are more similar appointments to Cowley.

8 minutes ago, owlse said:

It’s on

Michael Vaughan’s Twitter 

Roger the Rum man tells me the Cowley brothers will be in charge at Hillsborough by the end of the week ... #WAWAW

I've seen him mention this contact loads of times....does it always turn out to be correct??

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Doubt for life, could be £1.5m rolling contract.

Goes apeshyte, out of work in a year. Career in tatters.

Turned hudds down on similar dosh, i would want £1.5m yr, on 5 yr contract.

It's not all about money, but mostly it is.

lol

I get your point, but the money at this level is certainly life changing (especially if they’re successful). Also it’s possible this opportunity doesn’t come around again if things turn sour at Lincoln.  For what it’s worth I admire their motives and loyalty if they decide to stay at Lincoln. Such qualities are very rare in football.

1 minute ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I get your point, but the money at this level is certainly life changing (especially if they’re successful). Also it’s possible this opportunity doesn’t come around again if things turn sour at Lincoln.  For what it’s worth I admire their motives and loyalty if they decide to stay at Lincoln. Such qualities are very rare in football.

That’s true, and it’s the same as it is with players, you can end up staying too long at a club where you are a big fish in a small pond When you finally do move, it’s either too late, or your options have diminished, as clubs won’t take a chance because you’re considered lower level One player who springs to mind, was Don Rogers at Swindon, way back in the day

5 minutes ago, trev said:

I've seen him mention this contact loads of times....does it always turn out to be correct??

Yes when he quotes the Roger rum man it’s Usually happening. There was one occasion he was wrong but I can’t bring it to mind what it was 

• Thanks 1

I’m up for this too.  Think it’s time to get them in. Seems by their comments that they don’t want too much upheaval to family roots too and as such we are an attractive proposition assuming they live out Lincoln area not too far.  

Lets get on with it DC.  

35 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Doubt for life, could be £1.5m rolling contract.

Goes apeshyte, out of work in a year. Career in tatters.

Turned hudds down on similar dosh, i would want £1.5m yr, on 5 yr contract.

It's not all about money, but mostly it is.

lol

Even on a long contract there are usually clauses which mean that they only get x months pay as compensation 

I feel optimistic about this, more than I thought I would to be entirely honest!

These lads have put in the graft with Lincoln and I find it exciting to see what they could achieve with us. 

I for one hope this happens, fingers crossed it does. I really think it would give us the lift we need and, if GIVEN TIME, it could be the long term solution we've been crying out for 

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Who would you have as manager?  Can see where you are coming from have similar reservations myself but for the life of me I can't think of a genuine candidate for the post.

I'm not counting out the Cowleys out  as their history is impressive and it never hurt having Wilkinson as a manager.  

This whole manager choosing bit is just one massive gamble.  

The only one who is a bit younger but also with a promotion is Alex Neil

24 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

So that rules out any young manager then ?

Wednesday fans seem to have lost the thought of positivity and make up any cr ap just to be negative 

36 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

The team needs a bit of an overhaul. We have some old and new players that need to gel. A new manager gives everyone a fresh start and I think that's what is needed. It happened with Bruce but now we've gone back to how it was before. Bullen is a nice guy and all but something doesn't quite work for him. No idea what it is but on Saturday we looked like we did under moustache boy. I don't want that. 

I want someone to come in and give us an identity and style. I want someone to reform our club and become a legend. I don't care who it is, but I think it needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

Let's hope it gets sorted today.