Cowleys get them in

Latest reply on Lincoln fans website re Cowleys.

So I wonder what does actually constitute "the perfect opportunity" in the Cowleys eyes? It's very easy to see why people would be worried about sheff wed, a true sleeping giant, just up the road, only 1 division higher, etc. Delighted if it comes to nothing but I don't buy into some peoples optimism about seeing the job through to the end, you can't pick and choose when these appointments come up, if Danny gets offered the "perfect opportunity" whatever form that takes then he can't postpone it for a while, he'll have to take it when it's offered. It's coming soon I'm afraid but not just yet. At least we'll be in a unique position to replace him with compo to spend instead of sifting through unemployed managers cv's as usual. There's alot of talented employed managers out there,and come the dreaded day, other teams forums can start panicking about Lincoln City coming for their messiah.

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Have heard Bazza already volunteered to be milk monitor......lol

Don't know why but when I read this had a vision of him trying to  milk Steve Evan's massive man udders with Nuhiu holding the bucket....I think I'm over tired and time for bed.

Edited by striker
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Is anyone else thinking that the Cowley brothers were in talks with udders and were pretty much ready to go at the weekend, DC’s got wind of it and swooped in at the eleventh hour with an offer? Just can’t get my head around what makes us such a much more tempting offer for them?

Much as I love Wednesday I can only think it’s serious money or that udders are that much of a car crash?  

I think we’ve turned their head. But also Huddersfield are a dangerous proposition for them, look what stoke have done to Rowett and Jones who were both flavour of the month prior to that job. The parachute money, the quality on paper and the investment in infrastructure looks great, but behind the shiny facade there’s sometimes a rotten core and Huddersfield look like they could be just like that (cue defeat to them next).

Wednesday have no parachute money but are by no means skint. They are stable with solid championship players that would (hopefully) prevent disaster and something to build on. Fans wouldn’t demand promotion instantly if progress was made and there would be further leeway in the summer with many players moving on. Plus, thankfully this is still seen as one of the biggest clubs in this division and a big job. 

My concern is whether they would only know or prefer the lower leagues for recruitment as per Jones, Hurst and Wilder and how that would fit with our prior approach, if it resulted in a mix then even better.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Can't see any reason why Chansiri would consider him/them. It'll be someone like Bruce on big bucks or a foreign unknown.

Feel like the club read Owlstalk to gauge what the fans think.. Jos went because of the fans, Bruce was who most wanted after that. And now Cowley has been a name lots of people have pushed for with lots of threads on it the last few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Feel like the club read Owlstalk to gauge what the fans think.. Jos went because of the fans, Bruce was who most wanted after that. And now Cowley has been a name lots of people have pushed for with lots of threads on it the last few weeks. 

post-445-0-33820000-1329494482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He stopped visiting this site after we signed Rhodes

lol

• Haha 2

I don't know much about the Cowley brothers, but the way they're spoken about on here suggests they are more than just a managerial team, as they had a hand in Lincoln's football infrastructure. 

If true, it makes perfect sense for DC to want such a duo, as we all know he needs serious help. 

If the Cowleys are being promised an opportunity to shape a club of this size, I can see how it could be packaged as a "perfect opportunity". Firstly, it means it wouldn't be just another managerial job, secondly, it would allow the Cowleys to establish themselves as serious players in the world of football. At this stage in their career, I can't imagine a club larger than ours will come knocking for them. 

Still think it won't happen, but Snoots' optimism makes me think it just might.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1

What a great way to celebrate the 152nd anniversary by finally announcing an exciting promising managerial appointment, if it happens. The Cowley's are the right sort of long term strategy, we need to progress the work started by Bruce; to rebuild the squad, to build an identity and to bring in some fresh ideas and excitement back. They'll need time to implement their ideas but I strongly believe that this is the right sort of forward thinking appointment that we need right now. Hope it happens.