Cowleys get them in

Guest domSWFC
9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Anyone else feel a little bad for Lincoln if this happens?

Nah, he's done amazing for them and that can't be tarnished. If Bruce left us the way he did after promotion and qualifying for Europe the season after, we'd have been more forgiving. 

7 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

What is a club like Wednesday supposed to mean.

We are crap.

But we have potential... just.

Thats about it

Stoke and Ipswich are too in the grand scheme of things but the culture change is different. The history and size of a club is apparent even if they aren’t performing and it makes the job even harder for some.   

But I’d be keen to see how they do, they are worth a shot.

1 minute ago, S26 Owl said:

I think its bullpoo personally. 

Despite us being a much bigger club and doing better in the league I can't see why they'd turn Hudds town for us. 

They are much better prepared and equipped to take on the champ, sort out the free fall and they'd have cash to throw at it

I am thinking the same tbh. 

Depressing as it is to admit, hudds are more likely to challenge for promotion over the next 3 years than us. Due to failure payments.

3 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

I think its bullpoo personally. 

Despite us being a much bigger club and doing better in the league I can't see why they'd turn Hudds town for us. 

They are much better prepared and equipped to take on the champ, sort out the free fall and they'd have cash to throw at it

Sorting out the free fall is the hardest bit.

Til they beat us in a couple of weeks anyway 

Just now, trev said:

I am thinking the same tbh. 

Depressing as it is to admit, hudds are more likely to challenge for promotion over the next 3 years than us. Due to failure payments.

You can't compare Hudds to us, seriously?

They fluked their way to the Prem and have now found their level and are heading for a second successive relegation

14 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I hope this happens. Forward thinking move. 

But they would absolutely need time, at least 4 transfer windows imo, and don't expect promotion this season, or be slagging them off after 2 defeats. 

We still have alot of big egos and players nowhere near good enough for promotion imo, it's going to take time to move those players on, and for them to bring in their own players. 

That's if we get them obviously. Fingers crossed. 

This ^

It's near enough what I've been saying, that it's a long term job and this is the type of forward thinking fresh approach we need. We actually need to rebuild the squad and to develop an identity, that will take time. But this is the right way to go about it and our fans need to be patient and realise that to go up, we need to start doing things properly and thinking long term not short term, as our current squad isn't a realistic promotion squad. 

9 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

You can't compare Hudds to us, seriously?

They fluked their way to the Prem and have now found their level and are heading for a second successive relegation

Exactly. The parachute payments mean nothing if the chairman isn’t willing to spend it. Same at Stoke.