Cowleys get them in

Sky have genuinly seen how much money stupid wednesday fans have spent on the betting market (including me with 10 on megson at 30s) and chucked a name in the hat so we chuck more money at it. Seems to be no other reference other than daily mail and sky which could have got it from daily mail

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Just watched Danny Cowley talking about us after friendly with Lincoln this pre season .... Talks highly of us ... “Wednesday have quality players “...etc ..on you tube !!!!!..... maybe just maybe he is coming ??????

Our players aren’t that good, surely?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Must admit as Cowleys have turned down Huddersfield and WBA he may not come but then why enter talks? It's not like Lincoln are gonna say OK we'll bump up your salary to anything like they're offering. Indeed they are prepared to take the compo. Must say though they do appear loyal pity Bruce didn't have that trait.

I think maybe Huddersfield and WBA are both expected to go up this season so maybe they didn't want that pressure!? I think realistically we have no expectations as such this season! Deluded fans may think so but realists don't expect to go up!

Not sure on what DC's expectations are at the moment and that could be pivotal in persuading the right people! 

Guest Grez Bez
9 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Forgive me for being a bit negative..... but do we honestly think cowleys are big enough characters/personalities to manage likes of nando, hutch, bannan, Westwood etc?

whilst you have got to admire the work they have done at Braintree and Lincoln, they aren’t in Steve Bruce’s league reputation wise. 

Future recruitment also a potential worry. Have they got enough clout/contacts to be able to get players through the door?

i see similarities to when Wilson/Jewell got the job years back. Up and coming Manager’s who did well at lower league clubs and then couldn’t handle the big time. 

I would love to eat a massive slice of humble pie and for them to come in and absolutely smash it. I just can’t see it personally. 

Anyway im gonna dog me tin hat out. 

Why does this matter?

Mourinho used to be a school coach, didn't do him any harm.

I’ve always thought the Wednesday manager job is one of the biggest there is. It takes a big name and a big character to manage this club and these types have always done better here.

Over the years, I’ve seen this job here eaten many a manager up. If it is the Cowleys, they will have my full support but I reiterate it is a big risk and it will be a massive step up for them. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

“I can imagine the conversation. 

Cowley. Hey I'd like to introduce myself I'm your new manager. 

Nando.. Who are you?? 

I'm a former PE teacher that managed a div 1 team. 

Nando... Oh (shrugs shoulders)”

Some of the maddest scary half sadistic  Nutjobs I’ve met in a lifetime in education were PE teachers - Nando better get his poo together if Lincoln’s answer to the Kray twins are on their way   #justsaying 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Reckon Chansiris loyalty might actually be a selling point to a young manager when you look how quickly Hurst, Siewert got the boot.

Definitely. I think Chansiri can be criticised for many things, but that’s one thing he can’t be criticised on.