Cowleys get them in

I'm sure I read somewhere (Nixon quote?) that only Hughton and Cowley had been seriously considered by DC.

If tonight's report is true, and Cowley were to turn us down, the odds on Bullen at the moment look very tasty.  Could be a LUMP ON moment.

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What exactly are “ advanced” talks? What is the difference between “ talks” and “ advanced talks”. At what point does Mr C say “ well that’s gone well, shall we move to advanced talks now”. 

I hope it means the prelims are over and T&Cs are being about.

Proper excited by the Cowley's if it's true we're in advanced talks with them. I think it would be smart and forward thinking to go for someone on the rise. It might give us a fresh impetus for this season but long term for the future it will be the smartest thing to do. Because we still need a lot of rebuilding, we need a identity and it will take time. Get them in Chansiri.

4 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Oh well...

3276F41F-49DC-4741-AFE7-3B8AD5D4786D.jpeg

Assume that’s a Lincoln fan? He’s possibly right in some ways. Maybe the Cowleys are going to look from the outside in and think about all the FFP issues. However revolving door? One of our biggest criticisms of Chansiri is he is too loyal! 

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What exactly are “ advanced” talks? What is the difference between “ talks” and “ advanced talks”. At what point does Mr C say “ well that’s gone well, shall we move to advanced talks now”. 

Reyt. We’re offering £2m a year. Fancy it?

oh aye. 

Right. Let’s advance then. Red or brown sauce on yer sausage sarnie?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

They've  been sounded out, to see if interested, next , ask Lincoln if it's ok to talk, then talks begin at arms length, then if all goes well meeting with DC this would be advanced talks.

I may have also just posted a load of crap.

39 minutes ago, Quist said:

I can assure you its £1 million and I was told that had initially put us off.

I have not heard we are in discussions but apparently DC decided we required a manager after Saturday. If so it shows he is learning and Bullen or his supporters can not say he got a chance. It was make or break for him on Saturday.

Really pleased if it is them, they are good lads and hopefully thwy will turn ship around.

If it gets both of them then it’s not that big a fee. Still a couple of million change from the Steve’s.

Bringing in managers who have been that successful is always exciting. My only concern is when you look at Hurst and Jones elsewhere they haven’t had the contacts or just don’t like  to bring in the Championship quality players, they have looked to league one. It worked for Wilder but has seemingly cost others.

i also think DC needs quite a bit of management too

Edited by Bluesteel

Must admit as Cowleys have turned down Huddersfield and WBA he may not come but then why enter talks? It's not like Lincoln are gonna say OK we'll bump up your salary to anything like they're offering. Indeed they are prepared to take the compo. Must say though they do appear loyal pity Bruce didn't have that trait.