Cowleys get them in

I hope this happens. Forward thinking move. 

But they would absolutely need time, at least 4 transfer windows imo, and don't expect promotion this season, or be slagging them off after 2 defeats. 

We still have alot of big egos and players nowhere near good enough for promotion imo, it's going to take time to move those players on, and for them to bring in their own players. 

That's if we get them obviously. Fingers crossed. 

On 31/08/2019 at 18:03, shezzas left peg said:

3. Points on my mind. 

1) would the cowleys want to leave the safety of a little family club and familier surroundings where they can do no wrong for the expectations of Hillsborough?? 

2) with our ffp situation would Dc take the gamble of paying out a very large sum of compensation for managers not actually tried and tested at this level?? 

3) I can imagine the conversation. 

Cowley. Hey I'd like to introduce myself I'm your new manager. 

Nando.. Who are you?? 

I'm a former PE teacher that managed a div 1 team. 

Nando... Oh (shrugs shoulders) 

They may be good with lower league players, but players at this level as we know can have some big ego's and self importance. 

I'm not sure how some of our players would react to them. 

Managing anyone is about force of personality. You need to impose yourself on the group and earn their respect.

Sometimes managers can be loud and forceful, shouting down any opposition and going at it like a bull in a china shop. That works for some people some of the time but if things go wrong it's easy to lose the respect of the group.

Other people try to be everyones friend, that never works. There are always factions in any workplace and you can't support both. If you try they will soon realise you are two faced. I had a manager like that at one place I worked, his nickname was 'kipper' because he was two faced and gutless. He didn't last long.

The best managers are often even handed and fair, respectful to the staff but have a steel backbone. You don't cross them because they earn your respect. You don't want to disappoint them because they trust you to do your job and expect the best from you.

I suspect the Cowleys have got their own style  and looking at the success they've had they they will come in and impose their personalities on the group quietly but determinedly. There are some strong personalities in out team but I expect them to be quietly replaced if they don't get with the programme. No fuss, no drama just shipped out.

If they take the job I'm quite looking forward to seeing how things progress.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Quist said:

Sure it was million for both.

Bruce obviously has excellent contacts but these guys have made an impression across football. Manchester City monitor managers and understand they are being watched by them. It is only a small number they keep tabs on Lee Johnson at Bristol City is another. Thin clubs would let us have players on loan as they play all sort of tactics and vary style to suit opposition. 

Thin DC is more amenable than folks think. He let Bruce bring in scouts and fitness guru. he has backed every manager with as much cash as he has been allowed to. think he received lots of bad advice and because not brought up with football was unable to question but he seems to have learned lessons. In a way is a bit too loyal hence giving Bullen a chance.

I think he’s very amenable but Bruce had to manage him through some decisions, particularly moving players on

30 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Certainly different to the kind of manager we usually go for

I have my reservations though, he's a decent manager by all accounts looking at the success he's had but one thing is managing Lincoln and another a big club like ourselves with high expectations

I remember Paul Hurst was highly thought of before he went to Ipswich and Nathan Jones at Luton who can't buy a win at Stoke at the moment

I'm not being negative but realistic. There is nothing to suggest he is capable of managing a club like Wednesday

I hope he accepts our offer and does well but time will tell

What is a club like Wednesday supposed to mean.

We are crap.

But we have potential... just.

Thats about it

I think its bullpoo personally. 

Despite us being a much bigger club and doing better in the league I can't see why they'd turn Hudds town for us. 

They are much better prepared and equipped to take on the champ, sort out the free fall and they'd have cash to throw at it

• Haha 2