Cowleys get them in

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, marshy said:

Imagine the feeling when after the game he denies any contact with us, talk about a busted firkin ballon.

Hopefully he just says he’s looking forward to ‘walking the dog’.. we know what that means 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it gets both of them then it’s not that big a fee. Still a couple of million change from the Steve’s.

Bringing in managers who have been that successful is always exciting. My only concern is when you look at Hurst and Jones elsewhere they haven’t had the contacts or just don’t like  to bring in the Championship quality players, they have looked to league one. It worked for Wilder but has seemingly cost others.

i also think DC needs quite a bit of management too

Sure it was million for both.

Bruce obviously has excellent contacts but these guys have made an impression across football. Manchester City monitor managers and understand they are being watched by them. It is only a small number they keep tabs on Lee Johnson at Bristol City is another. Thin clubs would let us have players on loan as they play all sort of tactics and vary style to suit opposition. 

Thin DC is more amenable than folks think. He let Bruce bring in scouts and fitness guru. he has backed every manager with as much cash as he has been allowed to. think he received lots of bad advice and because not brought up with football was unable to question but he seems to have learned lessons. In a way is a bit too loyal hence giving Bullen a chance.

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If DC thinks he can do the job and he takes over here, then I'll back him and be patient. 

Though like you I have my reservations, 

Besides Jones and hurst. 

We also got ourselves jewel, wislon and laws, who at the times were young up and coming managers building a big reputation, laws to be fair didn't have the best of circumstances to work here. 

The other two were a total disaster. 

Neither did Jewel, when he took over us we were in free fall, huge debts and a poor squad.

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If DC thinks he can do the job and he takes over here, then I'll back him and be patient. 

Though like you I have my reservations, 

Besides Jones and hurst. 

We also got ourselves jewel, wislon and laws, who at the times were young up and coming managers building a big reputation, laws to be fair didn't have the best of circumstances to work here. 

The other two were a total disaster. 

DC is a patient loyal type. We need to realise as a fanbase this isn't a short term job. DC's actually doing the smartest thing for a change. Bruce hadn't finished rebuilding us, if he had stayed, we'd have had a chance to be a dark horse but we wouldn't have been promotion certs. We had a decent summer recruitment for once but the squad is still carrying ageing unreliable  inconsistent players. We need to be patient; start doing things the right way and to progressively rebuild the squad and at the same time build an ethos and a way of playing. There are no quick fixes. This is a long term job and going for someone on the rise, is the smartest thing we could do in our position, in a similar way to Villa bringing in Smith to replace Bruce for example. If DC brings in the Cowley's, I'd be excited and surprised that he's thinking in a forward thinking type of way and doing things smart, like we thought he had done originally by changing tact to bring in Bruce.

30 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

One of our biggest criticisms of Chansiri is he is too loyal! 

Reckon Chansiris loyalty might actually be a selling point to a young manager when you look how quickly Hurst, Siewert got the boot.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Hopefully he just says he’s looking forward to ‘walking the dog’.. we know what that means 

where he walking dog though? Lincoln canal or Sheffield canal? . hope he owns a big nasty dog he can fetch it as a coach ,whenever players don't give 100% he lets it off the lead that might get them trying harder. 

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

DC is a patient loyal type. We need to realise as a fanbase this isn't a short term job. DC's actually doing the smartest thing for a change. Bruce hadn't finished rebuilding us, if he had stayed, we'd have had a chance to be a dark horse but we wouldn't have been promotion certs. We had a decent summer recruitment for once but the squad is still carrying ageing unreliable  inconsistent players. We need to be patient; start doing things the right way and to progressively rebuild the squad and at the same time build an ethos and a way of playing. There are no quick fixes. This is a long term job and going for someone on the rise, is the smartest thing we could do in our position, in a similar way to Villa bringing in Smith to replace Bruce for example. If DC brings in the Cowley's, I'd be excited and surprised that he's thinking in a forward thinking type of way and doing things smart, like we thought he had done originally by changing tact to bring in Bruce.

Or maybe Dc so far has tried a charismatic continental manager in Carlos.... Who started talking in riddles and turned into karanka. 

He tried the old continental disciplinarian style manager in jos..... 

We all know how that panned out. 

Then he gave us what we all craved and had been clamouring for.. Bruce. 

The mercenary with no loyalty to anything but money and his own ego bails on us. 

Therefore let's try a different approach again in a younger up coming British manager from a lower league. 

It's as if he's trying different ideas and ways to make us progress and gain promotion. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Or maybe Dc so far has tried a charismatic continental manager in Carlos.... Who started talking in riddles and turned into karanka. 

He tried the old continental disciplinarian style manager in jos..... 

We all know how that panned out. 

Then he gave us what we all craved and had been clamouring for.. Bruce. 

The mercenary with no loyalty to anything but money and his own ego bails on us. 

Therefore let's try a different approach again in a younger up coming British manager from a lower league. 

It's as if he's trying different ideas and ways to make us progress and gain promotion. 

Can't fault him for that

Refreshing to see our chairman trying different approaches

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Didn’t you say Rowett was at the training ground, we’d never even made contact.

I don’t believe anyone on here anymore, even the alleged ‘proper ITKers’

He also said an appointment would be very quick after Bruce went, I thought he was more a troll than ITK?