Cowleys get them in

5 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Big Atty 6ft 7..

In his socks..

Big lad could be rubbing his hands at prospect of Cowleys coming in!

Once it dawns ont fans Cowleys like a big unit down the middle some on here might top em sens!

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

14 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

I think its bullpoo personally. 

Despite us being a much bigger club and doing better in the league I can't see why they'd turn Hudds town for us. 

They are much better prepared and equipped to take on the champ, sort out the free fall and they'd have cash to throw at it

It's all about potential, think about the bigger picture, possibly in 2 or  3 yrs time if all went according to plan. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We can’t be managed by “the Cowley’s“ it sounds friggin naff

Folks said that about the Krankies but forty years later they're still going

Who had the last laugh there!?

Apart from the audience like, they weren't laughing they were probably a bit spooked out. 

• Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

26 minutes ago, darra said:

Exclusive: Lincoln manager Danny Cowley rejects £1.5m-a-year deal at Huddersfield after #Imps and #HTAFC agree £1m compensation. Cowley remains in talks with Sheffield Wednesday. #swfc https://t.co/giIKwOi6Zm

These two look like a right set of wee wee tail-teasers, having turned down 4

clubs now. lol

Forgive me for being a bit negative..... but do we honestly think cowleys are big enough characters/personalities to manage likes of nando, hutch, bannan, Westwood etc?

whilst you have got to admire the work they have done at Braintree and Lincoln, they aren’t in Steve Bruce’s league reputation wise. 

Future recruitment also a potential worry. Have they got enough clout/contacts to be able to get players through the door?

i see similarities to when Wilson/Jewell got the job years back. Up and coming Manager’s who did well at lower league clubs and then couldn’t handle the big time. 

I would love to eat a massive slice of humble pie and for them to come in and absolutely smash it. I just can’t see it personally. 

Anyway im gonna dog me tin hat out. 

What we going with for his post match interview tonight? Anything along the lines of no comment would do for me. Ruling himself out would be a right kick in the balls. Of the potential manager linked/in the betting imo Cowleys are the most exciting by a long way. Don’t think it will happen (would they really leave Lincoln to come to a club that have had so many problems with FFP etc) but would be very pleased if it did. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, Plonk said:

Jesus. Getting the Lincoln Manager is a massive coup for Wednesday. How far have we flippingfell. 

It's a coup in terms of their potential and their rising name in the game. Other clubs at this level have tried but failed to get them in too. They're highly regarded and building a reputation.

26 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he’s very amenable but Bruce had to manage him through some decisions, particularly moving players on

Think that is true. Believe JR would have been moved on if Bruce remained at club. Very difficult for someone to admit spent lots of money on a failure, think issues writing off transfer fee because of P&S.

2 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Folks said that about the Krankies but forty years later they're still going

Who had the last laugh there!?

Apart from the audience like, they weren't laughing they were probably a bit spooked out. 

I thought she'd moved on to Scottish politics........

• Haha 4

Guest domSWFC
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

What we going with for his post match interview tonight? Anything along the lines of no comment would do for me. Ruling himself out would be a right kick in the balls. 

A Bruce "it's up to them to make a compromise"

*turns and shows the middle finger to the Lincoln fans*

2 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Forgive me for being a bit negative..... but do we honestly think cowleys are big enough characters/personalities to manage likes of nando, hutch, bannan, Westwood etc?

whilst you have got to admire the work they have done at Braintree and Lincoln, they aren’t in Steve Bruce’s league reputation wise. 

Future recruitment also a potential worry. Have they got enough clout/contacts to be able to get players through the door?

i see similarities to when Wilson/Jewell got the job years back. Up and coming Manager’s who did well at lower league clubs and then couldn’t handle the big time. 

I would love to eat a massive slice of humble pie and for them to come in and absolutely smash it. I just can’t see it personally. 

Personally couldn't give a fiddlers if the manager signs Dave from the Dog and Duck, if we are winning and doing well it doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Bruce didnt seem to do such a good job handling the characters at Villa did he?